• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

What are you thinking about Arbitrum?

I haven't looked into it. But I think TLV to market cap is a good sign of what could breakout more. It's very easy to see an L2 getting into the top 10 in 2025. TPS is also worth looking at:

And Arb is ahead there. I don't know why Polygon is not listed, but Arb has more than double the TLV of Polygon.

On Solana, there is on very strong project on that chain that was mentioned quite a bit on RVF in 2021 -

It's still 99% down from it's ATH. It's a game with a good team and a lot of engagemnt. I think a big part of why it's so low is that it's on Solana.

SBF found guilty of all charges

At least there is some justice left in this world.

It's great to hear the jury deliberated "very quickly" in relative terms according to the court admins. So they saw through the obvious lies.

I followed a number of people reporting on the trial -- sounds like the prosecutors are true experts and observers enjoyed watching people who are good at what they do.

SBF found guilty of all charges

This is good, but SBF is the fall-guy. The people behind him will evade justice, as they have before.

Unemployment will spike and a selloff will begin, if not presaged by this month a bit ... that'll be our last chance at whatever lower price it gets to, so be ready and know what you are OK with as a "low." It shouldn't matter big picture, I'm just willing to risk that it doesn't stay at even the 30s and I think we can get in at mid 20s or lower, to be honest.

The entire crypto space has been corrupted by the tether scam, which makes SBF/FTX's scam look like child's play. The daily trading volume of tether is greater than the rest of the 10 highest market cap coins *combined*. If tether ever goes down, the entire crypto space will implode.

I don't think Bitcoin would implode, it's too big to fail. But in a way the 4 year cycle creates a self-fulfilling prophecy in a sense. The bad news that would normally come out in a standard industry gets held off by the positivity and inflow of cash of the bull run, but then becomes the event to trigger the bear market. Wouldn't be surprised if Tether is the Terra Luna of 2026 and Binance the FTX.

I don't think Bitcoin would implode, it's too big to fail. But in a way the 4 year cycle creates a self-fulfilling prophecy in a sense. The bad news that would normally come out in a standard industry gets held off by the positivity and inflow of cash of the bull run, but then becomes the event to trigger the bear market. Wouldn't be surprised if Tether is the Terra Luna of 2026 and Binance the FTX.
I've always been closer to the maxis (without being obnoxious like some of them are, and why they're quasi-hated) because the logical conclusion next to the fact that everything else is a type of security, is that you just don't need anything else but BTC as base layer. I've also been closer to that because I see the potential gains with BTC, and always have, as just fine and a keep it simple stupid approach is the best when you're getting amazing gains anyway. Why take on added risk? Sure, you can trade the alts or the cycles, that's fine, but that's it's own strategy.

It could be that things like tether were just the interim glue, and now that everyone else has accepted that BTC and its network are legit and here to stay, it doesn't really matter that they stick around in the same fashion. They do own a lot of assets. I'm not an expert on Binance or its potential frailties so I can't guess or speculate on its future.

@scorpion

It's probably better to continue our debate regarding BTC in this thread. The summary is that Scorpion doesn't believe that BTC is valuable, at all, and I argue it is a legitimate asset, and much more. I'm also asking him what would make him wrong about BTC, as it continues to grow in value, perceived value, network strength, security, as part of portfolios, etc.

What makes Bitcoin special is that out of all the cryptos aside from Monero, it is the only one *possibility* created via fair launch. There is no one that we can currently prove that can game the bitcoin system and it looks to be designed that way.

The only risk I see as a store of value is that it could be a CIA psy ops and well if you're not managing your risk across different assets then I don't know what to tell you.

Every currency and crypto coins are doomed to fail eventually due to the iron law of bureaucracy if there is any organsing body sponsoring it.

The only risk I see as a store of value is that it could be a CIA psy ops and well if you're not managing your risk across different assets then I don't know what to tell you.
I met a woman once who was certain that the NSA had some backdoor entry into the SHA-256 hashing algorithm, which is the hashing algorithm that bitcoin uses. She brought up that the NSA invented SHA-256 and seemed certain.

I looked it up and she was indeed right that the NSA did invent that algorithm. I've since used SHA-256 to encode things at work but cannot figure out how anyone could possibly come up with a backdoor entry. It seemed too conspiratorial to me.

@scorpion

It's probably better to continue our debate regarding BTC in this thread. The summary is that Scorpion doesn't believe that BTC is valuable, at all, and I argue it is a legitimate asset, and much more. I'm also asking him what would make him wrong about BTC, as it continues to grow in value, perceived value, network strength, security, as part of portfolios, etc.
Yes I'll continue the discussion here when I have a chance. By the way, I hope you aren't taking my criticism of Bitcoin personally. I have nothing against you or any other BTC proponents (and certainly don't seek to impugn your intelligence or motivations), I just don't think that Bitcoin itself has a promising long-term future. Obviously, you and others disagree, and I think it's a debate worth having, one that hopefully proves edifying to other members.

Yes I'll continue the discussion here when I have a chance. By the way, I hope you aren't taking my criticism of Bitcoin personally. I have nothing against you or any other BTC proponents (and certainly don't seek to impugn your intelligence or motivations), I just don't think that Bitcoin itself has a promising long-term future. Obviously, you and others disagree, and I think it's a debate worth having, one that hopefully proves edifying to other members.
I never do on these topics, since I'm in them for the right reason = seeking the truth or for planning, improvement of our lives. You should continue to push against it, and I'd like to see others weigh in on how valid they think either of our points are. I'm very interested also in understanding the psychology of people who push hard against BTC, since it's so obvious to me that it is one of, if not, the most important human innovations/inventions of all time.

Even I, obviously a bitcoin bull and quasi-maxi, would never tell anyone to go to a crazy high % allocation, if they have even reasonable wealth or assets/net worth. The most important advice is to just make sure you don't have zero in allocation.
I've since used SHA-256 to encode things at work but cannot figure out how anyone could possibly come up with a backdoor entry.
Some people have a strange desire to believe that others are in control, or that they themselves can do nothing (takes away accountability), or they are smarter than you by having knowledge that you don't. She probably falls into all of the above.

Back