Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Does that include DCAing?

I could sell some btc or eth to dca but I like keeping some as a hedge . Or I could put more cash in but I doubt I’ll do that .

Or if one of these alts peaks way early, like beam or sei or whatever , like if I get an unexpected 10x early I’d definitely take some out and turn it to usdt and use some to dca.

I’m not expecting to sell anything aside from eth and btc until next year though

I bought my quant. It’s possible it will drop lower but I can always go back for more to get the average cost down.

I mistakenly thought the new etf would mean btc would get pumped and then the rest of the market would get a pump but that hasn’t happened yet, just the opposite

I think the Bitcoin maxi posiiton is extreme to think that no useful tokens exist or will exist other than bitcoin.
That's not the maxi position. The maxi position is mainly that there will be a base layer, and then everything else can be useful, but essentially will be added on top. Why this makes sense is that there isn't some sort of patent you can put on the other coins, and BTC has won PoW already. The other coins sort of need a payment system, but they've lost and they are controlled by other people (aren't commodities), so again they lose. To say they are stocks that will go up for now is fine, and that's how one should look at them. I don't have a problem with anyone "investing" in these but they are all time related and don't have the capability of BTC to suck out wealth from the entire world; they are just applications, ultimately. In the short term you can kill with these, though, so I do see the draw.
I used to watch quite a bit of Dent.
He said in the Kitco interview he might just retire if this thing doesn't tank in the next year or two, lol.

View attachment 4070

CMC Fear + Greed is dumping.

I'm seeing this mentioned a lot - RVF coin. Maybe this is his new job :)

View attachment 4071
If in a weird loop Roosh catapulted to El Salvadorean mogul it would be one of the funniest stories of all time. He'd build orphanages and brew coffee, spreading the Orthodox faith throughout Central America ...

I’ve been acquiring about 3k in link btc dot eth sol each. .5k in cro doge shib Pepe near skale and about .2k in 10 shit coins.
20k total in riding and hoping for 80- 120k

I recently bought gala due to this thread.

It’s all highly speculative and I’ve limit sells @ 80% of ath for everything but eth and btc. I’m just hoping to pay off my home. I bought a house in 2021 and owe about 170k
Btw I’m happy I found this as I commonly lurked on RVF since I traveled before finding God and this is my first post.

I’ve been acquiring about 3k in link btc dot eth sol each. .5k in cro doge shib Pepe near skale and about .2k in 10 **** coins.
20k total in riding and hoping for 80- 120k

I recently bought gala due to this thread.

It’s all highly speculative and I’ve limit sells @ 80% of ath for everything but eth and btc. I’m just hoping to pay off my home. I bought a house in 2021 and owe about 170k
Btw I’m happy I found this as I commonly lurked on RVF since I traveled before finding God and this is my first post.

I'd probably split the GALA into TOPIA, since the former has performed very badly for 6 months and there is a lot of heat under TOPIA.

Gala is not a terrible pick . I considered it but went with other options for gaming coins. My 5 big bags look like this: btc, sei, quant, kaspa, Alephium. Alph is the only true small cap coin of the 5 but has the biggest room to potentially grow. .

Serious question, do any of these gaming coins showcase games that are not complete ass? I haven’t looked at all of them but from what I can tell they are mostly full of micro transactions and not even that good of games

Serious question, do any of these gaming coins showcase games that are not complete ass? I haven’t looked at all of them but from what I can tell they are mostly full of micro transactions and not even that good of games

Do you mean bad?

The best looking game to me is StarAtlas:

But it won't be fully released until the end of the next dull - 2029. Only small spin offs of it can be played now.

There's quite a lot of games coming out that look average. StarAtlas and TOPIA are the only ones I've looked at that seem high grade and could go to about 10b caps.

StarAtlas also has very good engament figures , lime followers and web traffic. About 75% of Gala, which is far more expansive and has far more money than StarAtlas.

Understanding Bitcoin, for me, required that I first understood money. What is money, how do we use it, who can create it, and who benefits from its creation? This was an accidental journey for me. To get to this next level of "getting" the orange pill, I had to dump my old paradigm and start from scratch, and put in the work. 100 hours of study on Bitcoin can be life changing.

My book recommendations for the Bitcoin curious:
The Bitcoin Standard, by Saifdean Ammous (this and the Saylor Series with Robert Breedlove are how I came to really "see" Bitcoin)
The Fiat Standard, by Saifdean Ammous
When Money Dies, by Andrew Fergusson
The Sovereign Individual: How to Survive and Thrive During the Collapse of the Welfare State, by Davidson and Rees-Mogg

I have cash ready to buy more alph, sei and kas but the only thing keeping me from buying more I think it could drop a lot more the next couple weeks (months?). For now I’ll hold off . If they drop lower like if btc goes to 35000 I’ll start buying more .

I have cash ready to buy more alph, sei and kas but the only thing keeping me from buying more I think it could drop a lot more the next couple weeks (months?). For now I’ll hold off . If they drop lower like if btc goes to 35000 I’ll start buying more .

I'm doing about the same. Though ALPH has dumped so much I don't think it's got much more left to dump.

Bitcoin now well through support. Erased almost all gains since the beginning of Dec. Upping shorts.

out.webp

Back