Are dating apps in any way good for Christians?

I know the world is depressing but if you are a single guy who isn't finding any suitable mates online dating is an option, It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. Believe me you can meet real women this way (with some serious vetting and due diligence) and then actually meet in person (several times) and check things out. If it can work for me I am sure it can work for a guy with more advantages such as wealth, height, etc. :) .

I was able to meet a women about 12 years younger who is pure and devout. I know all her friends and family and everything seems totally legit. We have been going strong for almost a year and are discussing how to marry and start a new life together. I don't understand any of this but really believe God is the best matchmaker and has given me way more than I deserve. One suggestion is to have an open mind on appearance, ethnicity, etc.

An interesting trend I noticed is that due to extreme inflation and cost of housing many western women are now looking to pair off and find a husband. I have had numerous younger women in Canada message me. Many of them are not suitable marriage partners and really only want a roommate. Buyer beware 🤣.

Star Trek Applause GIF

I know the world is depressing but if you are a single guy who isn't finding any suitable mates online dating is an option, It doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. Believe me you can meet real women this way (with some serious vetting and due diligence) and then actually meet in person (several times) and check things out. If it can work for me I am sure it can work for a guy with more advantages such as wealth, height, etc. :) .

I was able to meet a women about 12 years younger who is pure and devout. I know all her friends and family and everything seems totally legit. We have been going strong for almost a year and are discussing how to marry and start a new life together. I don't understand any of this but really believe God is the best matchmaker and has given me way more than I deserve. One suggestion is to have an open mind on appearance, ethnicity, etc.

An interesting trend I noticed is that due to extreme inflation and cost of housing many western women are now looking to pair off and find a husband. I have had numerous younger women in Canada message me. Many of them are not suitable marriage partners and really only want a roommate. Buyer beware 🤣.

I know Captain Picard already saluted you 😁
but I wanted to add something:

I think the membership would be interested in reading more about these success stories.

Maybe when you get a moment you could explain how it went down and what contributed to your success?

It's great to hear some stories of hope amongst everything else. Who knows, perhaps you can inspire someone to take one step forward, out of their comfort zone and towards their ultimate goals?

Celebrate The Last Of Us GIF by Naughty Dog

G

Praise be to God. He clearly has a plan for you!

To add a bit to this and offer more hope it really is possible (IMHO) to find a woman from overseas if you are a bit flexible. I have to be a bit vague as there may even possibly be guys on here who might have met her (she worked for an American ministry at one time).

I started praying for a wife and asked God for someone who is a legitimate and devout Christian, young enough and wants to have children, and would accept me. I have been divorced for a few years after my wife was unfaithful and would not reconcile.

I tried a few dating sites and a friend at work suggested Christian Cafe (I signed up for a year but didn't need it). I started a profile on there and put a lot of work into it. Good but unfiltered photos (dress shirt and well groomed), scenic spots (ladies thought these photos showed confidence and mystery :ROFLMAO:) and in a foreign holiday spot. I also researched how to take good photos and took quite a few until I got it right. I shared pretty much full information including why I am divorced, my job, my accurate height, that I am not rich and a true picture of my present spiritual condition. Many women messaged me to offer encouragement and try (even when they are outside of my criteria due to age). I would suggest adding as much detail as possible to your profile and look at it from a woman's perspective also. Also have someone look it over (especially a woman). Make sure it is clear you want a baby from her, that you have a lot of energy, that you are devout and attend church, that you have a job, if you are willing to relocate. In my case I also mentioned that I have been learning Spanish.

I don't believe I ever messaged a woman first because I was unsure who would accept the age gap. But I made it very clear that I want more natural children and this is a dealbreaker. Many women do not understand this and I would get messages from women even in their late 40s :ROFLMAO: who clearly didn't read my profile. I spoke to a lot of ladies from different countries and eventually one from Latin America wrote me. We sent a few lighthearted messages and she shared her social media links. That was when I knew she was a legit women and very special. Her stuff goes back years and is full of family, friends, children, and some work stuff. I did my due diligence (reverse image searches, searches of people in her photos, the organizations and found her on their pages, and even had some Latin American experts check her out). Everything checked out. We switched to messaging on WhatsApp and then later calls. All her family were very curious and a few speak English at a very high level. Her brother and I are friends now and he messages me all the time mostly about religious stuff but also to encourage our relationship. At one point her brother even told her what she can and can't wear. They are a devout family. She will call me from her family events so I can say hello to everyone and from her place with her mom and brothers. We also started doing devotions and praying together (her idea). At some point I knew I needed to visit and made this happen this fall. I have met everyone now (all the relatives, friends, and former colleagues) and even been to visit a special organization she is part of. Then the Americans started checking me out to be sure I was legit :ROFLMAO:. Some commented that my social media was sparse. Everything checks out and is 100% true. She has also never once asked for money although she is not rich at all. Did I mention she messages me almost all day and send photos of where she is and who she is with :).

We now talk of marriage regularly and how this is going to happen (even though I haven't formally proposed) in 2024.

Some takeaways from my experience:

• Good photos of you (they should be flattering).
  • Complete your profile (more information is better)
  • Talk on WhatsApp as soon as possible. If she won't go on camera be very suspicious.
  • Do your due diligence
  • She should accept you to her social media and have a long history that you can see
  • Talk regularly and ask a lot of questions. If she lies or is evasive you know the answer.
  • Visit as soon as you are comfortable but let her know you won't reject her for minor appearance issues or lack of wealth. So what if she doesn't have perfect skin :)
  • Meet the whole family and go to their homes.
  • Have some flexibility. For me Latina or white is okay and character, age and desire for family are more important than her occupation or bank account. I think Roosh once said a marriage should bring both people closer to God and of course life is short.
  • Let her know you are a serious guy looking for a wife and don't want to waste time.

To add a bit to this and offer more hope it really is possible (IMHO) to find a woman from overseas if you are a bit flexible. I have to be a bit vague as there may even possibly be guys on here who might have met her (she worked for an American ministry at one time).

I started praying for a wife and asked God for someone who is a legitimate and devout Christian, young enough and wants to have children, and would accept me. I have been divorced for a few years after my wife was unfaithful and would not reconcile.

I tried a few dating sites and a friend at work suggested Christian Cafe (I signed up for a year but didn't need it). I started a profile on there and put a lot of work into it. Good but unfiltered photos (dress shirt and well groomed), scenic spots (ladies thought these photos showed confidence and mystery :ROFLMAO:) and in a foreign holiday spot. I also researched how to take good photos and took quite a few until I got it right. I shared pretty much full information including why I am divorced, my job, my accurate height, that I am not rich and a true picture of my present spiritual condition. Many women messaged me to offer encouragement and try (even when they are outside of my criteria due to age). I would suggest adding as much detail as possible to your profile and look at it from a woman's perspective also. Also have someone look it over (especially a woman). Make sure it is clear you want a baby from her, that you have a lot of energy, that you are devout and attend church, that you have a job, if you are willing to relocate. In my case I also mentioned that I have been learning Spanish.

I don't believe I ever messaged a woman first because I was unsure who would accept the age gap. But I made it very clear that I want more natural children and this is a dealbreaker. Many women do not understand this and I would get messages from women even in their late 40s :ROFLMAO: who clearly didn't read my profile. I spoke to a lot of ladies from different countries and eventually one from Latin America wrote me. We sent a few lighthearted messages and she shared her social media links. That was when I knew she was a legit women and very special. Her stuff goes back years and is full of family, friends, children, and some work stuff. I did my due diligence (reverse image searches, searches of people in her photos, the organizations and found her on their pages, and even had some Latin American experts check her out). Everything checked out. We switched to messaging on WhatsApp and then later calls. All her family were very curious and a few speak English at a very high level. Her brother and I are friends now and he messages me all the time mostly about religious stuff but also to encourage our relationship. At one point her brother even told her what she can and can't wear. They are a devout family. She will call me from her family events so I can say hello to everyone and from her place with her mom and brothers. We also started doing devotions and praying together (her idea). At some point I knew I needed to visit and made this happen this fall. I have met everyone now (all the relatives, friends, and former colleagues) and even been to visit a special organization she is part of. Then the Americans started checking me out to be sure I was legit :ROFLMAO:. Some commented that my social media was sparse. Everything checks out and is 100% true. She has also never once asked for money although she is not rich at all. Did I mention she messages me almost all day and send photos of where she is and who she is with :).

We now talk of marriage regularly and how this is going to happen (even though I haven't formally proposed) in 2024.

Some takeaways from my experience:

• Good photos of you (they should be flattering).
  • Complete your profile (more information is better)
  • Talk on WhatsApp as soon as possible. If she won't go on camera be very suspicious.
  • Do your due diligence
  • She should accept you to her social media and have a long history that you can see
  • Talk regularly and ask a lot of questions. If she lies or is evasive you know the answer.
  • Visit as soon as you are comfortable but let her know you won't reject her for minor appearance issues or lack of wealth. So what if she doesn't have perfect skin :)
  • Meet the whole family and go to their homes.
  • Have some flexibility. For me Latina or white is okay and character, age and desire for family are more important than her occupation or bank account. I think Roosh once said a marriage should bring both people closer to God and of course life is short.
  • Let her know you are a serious guy looking for a wife and don't want to waste time.

waynes world GIF

Great write up @canuckj with an inspiring message and some actionable advice for others.

CIK needs more success stories like this! Seeing others from a similar background succeed offers hope and motivation. Practical tactics and strategies are also important to share because that enables more specific action planning, which men need especially.

Posts like this are also useful in challenging the seemingly dominant narrative among conservative circles that "online is useless". As discussed in the following link, online chatting is a risky crutch to avoid real-life rejection; you will get filtered by age; the vast majority of women online will be unsuitable; and a stronger approach is to be social at church, to meet women incidentally etc. Nonetheless, meeting a great woman online is still possible and there are specific approaches that can greatly increase this possibility. This post documents a framework for such success:

It is acknowledged that ethnic/cultural homogeneity is a great ideal to aim for. Being with "your own" is much easier and sustainable for many reasons as noted here due to shared genetics, culture, language, location etc. That said, many readers recognise the huge barriers, especially for "older" men, in finding a trad Anglo or heritage European wife. This has been documented in very extensive detail here.

Thus, there is ongoing interest in meeting conversative non-Anglo women either in our own countries or in their countries. Given the challenges of language, culture and distance, it's useful to understand how these can be overcome, managed or accepted. I can say very confidently from my own, rather extensive experience with foriegn women, including my wife, that there WILL be difficult trade-offs and it's essential to be realistic about them.

That said, if a man sees a woman and children as a preference to have by his side in his lifetime, I strongly believe it is worthwhile to put in the effort to achieve one's potential with such women, given the potential benefits such as conservative beliefs, family duty, feminine nurturing, interest in children, respect for the man, respect for elders, openness to age gaps etc. All these things can make the effort worthwhile in the end.

Back to @canuckj now - It seems like things are still developing so it can be useful to take things one day at a time for now, so to speak, and not to rush anything, avoid being needy or demanding, etc... while confidently leading the way; having faith and trust in yourself, the process and God's favour; and remaining as the positive, value-giving man with a plan.

I'm sure many readers (even if they are lurking) are rooting for you and looking forward to hearing about the progress of your relationship. All the best and do keep us updated.

how i met your mother fist bump GIF

waynes world GIF

Great write up @canuckj with an inspiring message and some actionable advice for others.

CIK needs more success stories like this! Seeing others from a similar background succeed offers hope and motivation. Practical tactics and strategies are also important to share because that enables more specific action planning, which men need especially.

Posts like this are also useful in challenging the seemingly dominant narrative among conservative circles that "online is useless". As discussed in the following link, online chatting is a risky crutch to avoid real-life rejection; you will get filtered by age; the vast majority of women online will be unsuitable; and a stronger approach is to be social at church, to meet women incidentally etc. Nonetheless, meeting a great woman online is still possible and there are specific approaches that can greatly increase this possibility. This post documents a framework for such success:

It is acknowledged that ethnic/cultural homogeneity is a great ideal to aim for. Being with "your own" is much easier and sustainable for many reasons as noted here due to shared genetics, culture, language, location etc. That said, many readers recognise the huge barriers, especially for "older" men, in finding a trad Anglo or heritage European wife. This has been documented in very extensive detail here.

Thus, there is ongoing interest in meeting conversative non-Anglo women either in our own countries or in their countries. Given the challenges of language, culture and distance, it's useful to understand how these can be overcome, managed or accepted. I can say very confidently from my own, rather extensive experience with foriegn women, including my wife, that there WILL be difficult trade-offs and it's essential to be realistic about them.

That said, if a man sees a woman and children as a preference to have by his side in his lifetime, I strongly believe it is worthwhile to put in the effort to achieve one's potential with such women, given the potential benefits such as conservative beliefs, family duty, feminine nurturing, interest in children, respect for the man, respect for elders, openness to age gaps etc. All these things can make the effort worthwhile in the end.

Back to @canuckj now - It seems like things are still developing so it can be useful to take things one day at a time for now, so to speak, and not to rush anything, avoid being needy or demanding, etc... while confidently leading the way; having faith and trust in yourself, the process and God's favour; and remaining as the positive, value-giving man with a plan.

I'm sure many readers (even if they are lurking) are rooting for you and looking forward to hearing about the progress of your relationship. All the best and do keep us updated.

how i met your mother fist bump GIF
Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I hope everything continues as I hope and pray. I will be happy to provide updates. Hopefully it will be to report on the wedding ;).

I remember reading the advice linked in your post. The point about deleting the app after meeting someone is good. I didn't delete it but haven't spoken with any other women and she deleted the app on her end. I would be quite jealous if she was talking with other men. I would add one thing that my girfriend referred to and that is being intentional. Don't be afraid to paint a picture of the future and say stuff like "when we are married and have children". Also there is something called love languages and that is very important in my view. Also we have the same style of being in constant communications and talk a lot. My ex-wife said I was spying on her when I did this.

Another point is in regard to appearance. Get to know these women. If you are serious about finding a Godly woman don't reject women at first glance. I think almost all women use filters and wear makeup in their photos. The hotter looking woman might just be better at these things. Also take a hard look at what you need. I need a life-long wife who is easy to get along with, a lover and a mother of my future children. I would much rather have a pure woman who is less attractive than a hotter woman who has had previously lovers. That said, my girlfriend is the CanuckJ beauty pageant winner :).

You’re in Brazil. Brazilian girls are cool, relative to a lot of western girls. Easier to talk to, easier to approach

I don’t think I’d recommend putting a lot of time into dating apps in general but especially if you’re in brazil

You are about 18 to 20 years old and study computer programming, and have zero practice talking to girls? Are there zero girls in your college?

Try talking to more girls in your every day life? Make sone friends and see if you can socialize and join some sort of social activity that you like? You’re here so maybe some sort of Christian youth organization in your college?

I’m not even so much talking about dating so much but just basic social skills?

I have actually seen a few devout seeming women on Hinge and received a message or two. I think you can screen them by putting something like "seeking a sincere Christian (or Catholic or Orthodox) woman who is feminine and wants children".
You cannot, because women are chameleons. If a woman likes you, she will present herself as whatever she gathers you want in a woman. Even a girl who's had 50 one-night stands will put on a good girl act if she likes you and thinks you might be judgmental about her past.

I NEVER reveal what I'm really looking for in a woman early on. I act open minded and completely nonjudgmental then observe how SHE presents herself once given permission to let her true self shine.

That will give you a pretty accurate read.

You cannot, because women are chameleons. If a woman likes you, she will present herself as whatever she gathers you want in a woman. Even a girl who's had 50 one-night stands will put on a good girl act if she likes you and thinks you might be judgmental about her past.

I NEVER reveal what I'm really looking for in a woman early on. I act open minded and completely nonjudgmental then observe how SHE presents herself once given permission to let her true self shine.

I think there are different tactics that can be used. Due to the experience with my ex-wife (that I wrote about on Roosh V) I am naturally suspicious. She never admitted to anything and it required some sleuthing to uncover the treachery. Of course I was living in close quarters and that made it easier. You will need to get to know a woman and then do a lot of digging and observe her behavior. Get to know her life. I am not an expert but there are a lot of tactics that can be used. I like to call it following up on cookie crumbs. Putting pieces together to create an accurate picture. One tactic I like to use is to ask the same question but at different intervals (when she has forgotten) and see if the answer changes. Also get to know the family and friends and see her entire life. I prefer an open position as I want total openness on her part also.

Marketing is a big part of dating and some of us may be good at this. I do think the dating profiles help a bit. All photos of self-absorbed activities is a red flag to me. Admitting to being a dog mom and prattling on about her little white dogs ditto. Not sure if she wants kinds in early 30s is likewise a dealbreaker. There are actually women on Christian dating sites who admit they don't attend church and are open to different realtionship types. Again a dealbreaker. Test her a bit and see the result.

I am trying to offer some hope and believe there are women out there (even if they may be foreign or less than your ideal) for all of us. Trust but verify. We need to keep a positive attitude. If you as a decent man are looking it must make sense that an equally decent woman must also be looking.

I don't have much wisdom to offer but can share my experiences. One thing I have found is that if you are a suspicious guy like me and dating a foreign woman you will start to imagine red flags and scams everywhere. You need to give it time and check things out. Don't write someone off for something small until you get to verify things. For example my lady was a bit hesitant to talk on the phone at first (as was I). Turns out she was a bit self-conscious of her skin and her phone speaker doesn't work well (her Internet is also bad at times). She was also a bit worried about her English (although it is about 90%). She also wanted to move to WhatsApp for messaging right away (and dating sites tell you this is dangerous 😂). There were other things too.

One thing I think is useful is if we discuss techniques to help all of us. In the old days I think it was called game and used for unholy purposes. I don't know a lot about this so don't know if it applies. I do think men need to learn to be interesting and charming though and wish there were resources written for Christian men to help them with this. Knowing how to talk to a woman and charm her is important. Making her feel special and see a future with you is important. Having (or faking) confidence is also good. Things like this. What are you going to talk with a woman about (she is probably not interested in the engine you overhauled or your recent hunting trip)? How do you keep a long distance relationship going when you know everything about each other? How to put your best side forward to capture her initial attention?

While I agree with your comment in general about letting her show herself, I think if you are fishing on an app or online for a very specific type of girl, you are better to set out your intentions. For instance, one of the first questions girls ask is "what are you looking for on the app".

Also, while noting your intentions may indeed bring some phonies, at least you know that they "want" to be with a Christian man. Otherwise you will go out with them and listen to their universalism or vibes discussion. I think of myself on an app, if a girl notes herself to be a serious Christian, I do take note. If my state in life was aspiring to Christianity then I would be interested, but If I was looking to get laid...I don't think I'd bother too much.

I have to pass up on Hinge because I fear if I stopped using it I'd become unHinged.

But on a serious note it's not even available in my country.
On a good note there were a lot of nice Brazilian ladies on Christian Cafe although they are probably a bit older than your preferred demographic. If you try it don't pay for a subscription. The trial is free and you can message ladies and then take it to WhatsApp.

I searched for "eharmony" and I don't see it mentioned on the forum yet...

I have a lot of experience with dating apps, having used them basically all through my 20s (In my mid 30s now). Mostly Tinder and others like it.

Despite having enormous 'success' with these apps, I still agree with pretty much everything written in this thread about the negatives for them, however, I think eharmony (And other similar platforms) are in a different category. I'm open to having my view on this dissected (I encourage it).

I know three people very close to me who have gotten happily married using eharmony (All have great wives from abroad that now live in USA with them - two are Orthodox, one is Catholic). There's a personality test that aligns you with matches and it tends to be a much more serious tool geared towards marriage. I've never used it so I don't know the exact extent of the features.

Has anyone used eharmony (Or other similar platforms) to meet their wife? Or has anyone here tried it? What was your experience?

I'm thinking of trying it out...

It's also worth noting that a lot of people nowadays also get connected through social media apps (Like Instagram) based on similar interests, which can then lead to meeting in real life and forming a relationship. David Patrick Harry from Church of the Eternal Logos met his now fiance this way.

Just some things to ponder. Times are tough, the pool (Especially for Orthodox) is very small for many locations (With added standards frequently mentioned on this board we are essentially looking for diamonds in the rough, settling for less, or waiting with high hopes), and I don't think going full-blown Ted Kazynski on technology is really necessary. And the reality is, most women will certainly be 'on grid'.

If we are willing and able to travel to other counties to meet women we match with after extremely careful consideration (In-depth video chatting, etc), this type of thing would also have some overlay with concepts discussed in the "Moving Abroad" thread. In fact, it would make for quite the adventure (I've heard personal stories in-person from the three above that are truly inspiring).

Before someone advises me to opt for focusing on meeting through Church circles - I'm already doing that and will continue to. I'd just be varying my approach. I'm doing my very best to mold myself into a trad husband as well. I'd say I'm pretty prepared (But as we all know, God has His plan, so we really can never be fully 'prepared' for what's in store for us).

Last edited:
Eharmony is a virtual ghost town. I went on there in 2022 and it felt about 15 years behind the times. You have to pay for 6 months membership minimum. I did get one date though. I'm pretty disillusioned with dating apps at this point, which is a good thing since I don't think they are right for a man like me. They may be right for those truly ready to find a wife but I wouldn't recommend apps like Tinder for all the softcore pornography that's exhibited.

I tried Eharmony many years ago and didn’t have much success. It is mainly a more religious platform which is a plus, however back then I only searched for matches in the US. That may have been my issue.
Yeah, personally I'm going to go worldwide. I'd prefer to have my wife be in a country I'm willing and able to relocate to at some point. You never know. It's worth a shot.

DPH's finance is from Germany. The Catholic I mentioned, his wife is from India. For one of the Orthodox, his wife is from Ukraine, and the other Orthodox, Ethiopia.

One traveled to Ukraine and met her and her family then she eventually moved here, same for the Ethiopian. The other two it was the other way around. They all live in the US now with their wives.

Eharmony is a virtual ghost town. I went on there in 2022 and it felt about 15 years behind the times. You have to pay for 6 months membership minimum. I did get one date though. I'm pretty disillusioned with dating apps at this point, which is a good thing since I don't think they are right for a man like me. They may be right for those truly ready to find a wife but I wouldn't recommend apps like Tinder for all the softcore pornography that's exhibited.

I don't think using something like this is fruitful if we aren't 'ready'. Definitely agree to stay away from Tinder.

If six months is the minimum, and the plan is $65 a month, it appears it will cost about $800 a year. Certainly a financial barrier for many to even consider. That's a big chunk of change for most.

Not saying this is you, but as an example, if someone is broke, lives with parents, is unemployed, has terrible pictures (Perhaps as a result of being in poor shape, bad wardrobe, lack of friends, lack of hobbies, lack of accomplishments, etc), or just nothing to bring to the table really, then this service is pretty pointless.

It's funny, because the barrier of entry to make it worthwhile kind of points to the attributes we need to work on to attain a high value woman anyway lol. If we aren't ready for eharmony, are we really ready to meet that girl in Church at coffee hour? Hmm...

Many times it's not actually the tech, but the man himself to blame, sadly. At least to even be able to give himself a fair shot.

The barrier of again having to be able to afford the luxury to travel overseas, if necessary, perhaps even multiple times, while also being capable of carrying this out as a task in and of itself, is yet another high barrier.

This makes me more curious about even more specialized services. I bet there are some matchmaking services out there that are a lot more primo than this. Interesting to think about.

Last edited:
Dating apps are gonna be around for awhile but I get the sense that Tinder is going to continue to decline. Everytime I go on there it feels more like POF or the old Craig's List Personals. Word gets out that there aren't quality people then nobody has a reason to download it, and it's a cycle of decline. I hope it does die.

Last edited:
Yeah, personally I'm going to go worldwide. I'd prefer to have my wife be in a country I'm willing and able to relocate to at some point. You never know. It's worth a shot.

DPH's finance is from Germany. The Catholic I mentioned, his wife is from India. For one of the Orthodox, his wife is from Ukraine, and the other Orthodox, Ethiopia.

One traveled to Ukraine and met her and her family then she eventually moved here, same for the Ethiopian. The other two it was the other way around. They all live in the US now with their wives.

I downloaded Eharmony. I didn’t sign up since I’m still evaluating but does the minimum 6 month nearly $500 membership fee apply to women as well? I would say I have gotten several likes but only 1 or 2 I would pursue and of course both of them are foreign. It won’t let me search foreign without a membership, but if the matches are real (hence my sign up fee question) this Catholic Latina looks potentially very attractive. Of course her pics are blurred so I can’t tell. The American matches are as you expect, not that good :ROFLMAO:

Back