2024 Election Lounge

Living in Michigan one of the funniest things is seeing someone try to justify that Detroit has become a decent place. The mental gymnastics they do to convince themselves of it is hilarious. I always tell them "we have the dumpiest and most boring major city in the country, it's okay it just is what it is you don't have to convince yourself otherwise just because you live in Michigan. We have plenty of other nice things here".

It cracks me up to watch them turn around on it when I tell them it's okay to face it.

Many liberals hate and scorn Christianity, and love to mock it and desecrate it if possible.
It’s like I said earlier on here, this is how I know, 100% know Christianity is true and bet my soul on it. In Israel do you see its atheist population mocking the traditions of its still observant minority? Do Indian non believers mock Hinduism? Let’s not even do Islam haha. Ever heard the phrase “people know the real thing when they see it?” It goes both ways.

They are trying to say it was something to do with the CHIPS act. Very strange.
We just got one issue… other Christian traditions have a similar Eucharist including these two’s nominal religious backgrounds. They’re probably both atheists tbh. My take was they were going for a different angle. But even if I’m right and they are, one of two things are possible -
1. America is so divorced from its spiritual traditions those two never could’ve seen this causing controversy
2. They knew what they were doing.

Use this deduction accordingly.

Living in Michigan one of the funniest things is seeing someone try to justify that Detroit has become a decent place. The mental gymnastics they do to convince themselves of it is hilarious. I always tell them "we have the dumpiest and most boring major city in the country, it's okay it just is what it is you don't have to convince yourself otherwise just because you live in Michigan. We have plenty of other nice things here".

It cracks me up to watch them turn around on it when I tell them it's okay to face it.
Yep. Michigan is a wonderful state, but Detroit is one of the worst places in the US. At least there are several great places in the West and North sides of the state.

Yep. Michigan is a wonderful state, but Detroit is one of the worst places in the US. At least there are several great places in the West and North sides of the state.
I spent a week in Michigan 1 night in Ann Arbor and a few days up in the UP. Politically it felt very extreme and no moderation. Like everyone was either Antifa or part of a state militia and not much in between. Was very polarizing. Was my limited observation accurate or just a small sample size that’s not accurate reality?

Ann Arbor is where the University of Michigan is, so lots of whiny communists. Most university towns are like that. I would not recommend Ann Arbor or anywhere close to Detroit really. Michigan State University is in East Lansing and that's a little better politically, but there are still much better places to live.

My experience is mostly West Michigan, so Grand Rapids, Holland, Grand Haven, etc. Much more right-wing, clean and safe. Up north the Traverse City and Marquette areas look nice too, but I haven't been up there.

Wisconsin is another good state with similar positives and negatives as Michigan.

I spent a week in Michigan 1 night in Ann Arbor and a few days up in the UP. Politically it felt very extreme and no moderation. Like everyone was either Antifa or part of a state militia and not much in between. Was very polarizing. Was my limited observation accurate or just a small sample size that’s not accurate reality?

Ann Arbor just like any major college town isn't a very good gauge of the overall population. I still stand by the assertion that no way in hell is Michigan a liberal state, makes no sense.

I used to live in Ann Arbor until very recently. It didn't bother me too much except when I started to see people walking the neighborhood in N95s.

Also, the people generally aren't that nice. It's like a fake community with over-rated food.

I used to live in Ann Arbor until very recently. It didn't bother me too much except when I started to see people walking the neighborhood in N95s.

Also, the people generally aren't that nice. It's like a fake community with over-rated food.

Really good way to describe it, lots of Jews and weird college students who are afraid of their own shadows. That and even more weirdos obsessed with a for profit university which to me is beyond stupid. It's nothing like the rest of Michigan, really weak place with a soft community of people.

Also yes a couple good restaurants out of thousands of terrible overhyped ones. I have relatives who own businesses in and around campus and I've dated a few girls who went to school there while I went to school at eastern, very odd place and people.

Really good way to describe it, lots of Jews and weird college students who are afraid of their own shadows. That and even more weirdos obsessed with a for profit university which to me is beyond stupid. It's nothing like the rest of Michigan, really weak place with a soft community of people.

Also yes a couple good restaurants out of thousands of terrible overhyped ones. I have relatives who own businesses in and around campus and I've dated a few girls who went to school there while I went to school at eastern, very odd place and people.
The cities on the West Coast are like this too. Extreme liberalism makes people very strange, soft and easy to control. The women are always pissed off and the men are limp wristed.

Ann Arbor and Madison (Wisconsin) might as well be the West Coast.

Harry Sisson Beta Boy: "...teach football..."
confused-perplexed.gif

Last edited:
Back