2024 Election Lounge

I don't even think the goal is to win over men with this ad...
the "males" (giant boomer quotes) in this ad are homosexuals and nonwhites. not the sort of demographic that needs convincing to vote democrat

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

You guys don't get it. Remember the anti-male bias by the Left that pumped out various propaganda messages in ads, academia, etc. over the years?

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato

Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

You guys don't get it. Remember the anti-male bias by the Left that pumped out various propaganda messages in ads, academia, etc. over the years?

"Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses." -Plato
I get it. Often times political ads are just a way to funnel money. They realize it will not win many over, but it will help their friends share in the giant pot of donor money.

Do, I think it will win over male voters? Very unlikely. Do I think it will hurt them with male voters? Unlikely. If anything, it just shores up their female voter base and helps their friends get wealthier with more easy business.

Purely anecdotal, but even in my heavy left leaning state, this past week I've overheard multiple conversations between people, talking about how dissatisfied they are with the current regime...

One conversation between two white boomers at a grocery store, they were mentioning how they don't feel safe walking around outside anymore, and that one started carrying a 45 with him wherever he goes. Specifically talking about the migrants pouring in.

Another, at a McDonald's, (I know, I know, I like their iced coffee) between a group of young black guys, talking about how insane inflation is now, how you have to be rich to eat at McDonald's now, etc.

Maybe it doesn't mean much, but I get the sense that TDS has gone "out of style" big time with a lot of regular people everywhere, even here, and that more than anything people just want their old lives back.

I'm not sure they can cheat their way out of this one.

Will this cringy ad convince male voters to vote for Harris-Walz?

Why should I be interested in what grownup Goldberg the Goalie has to say about politics (he got way fatter as an adult)?

goldberg7f4de0fd-238d-458b-9ea7-18cba4284418_ORIGINAL.jpg

Also what's going on with this guy's gym? That single upright on the right has a j-cup and leads to nowhere. There isn't another upright where you'd rack weight. It kind of looks like there is one on the left, but that has a barbell racked on the opposite plane (it is facing vertically while the one next to the guy is horizontal) so these don't match up. These idiots can't even take 10 seconds to make a gym look legitimate.

Attachments

• Gym.png
    Gym.png
    260.5 KB · Views: 15
Re: Cringy "Man Enough" ad...

Meet the creator - Jacob Reed, who's some comedic director in Hollywood - behind the "Man Enough" ad with the "Creatives for Harris" team.
MV5BMWMxYjA2MTYtNTUxNy00OTc0LThmMjEtMmJlNjlhZjkyN2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2OTY4NjA@._V1_.jpg

‘I’m not afraid of women’: New campaign takes on the Trump-obsessed manosphere​

Here’s where the real message kicks in: that the established stratification of gender roles in society is a thing of the past, and clinging to it is ridiculous.

The video then goes a step further, pitching a new model for masculinity where supporting women is the status quo. (“I’m sick of so-called men domineering, belittling, and controlling women, just so they can feel more powerful,” says one dusty rancher.) The ad also saves room to take swipes at JD Vance’s animosity towards childless cat ladies, and give men permission to cry during Predator, presumably at the part when Carl Weathers loses an arm.

The ad campaign, which also comes in three shorter versions, is tonally consistent with previous Creatives for Harris initiatives like merch based on Trump insults and a dedicated site with a “weird button” that users can push to receive some of Trump’s more puzzling quotables. The “Man Enough” concept was born while Jacob Reed, a comedic director who has worked with Funny or Die and Jimmy Kimmel Live!, was watching the Democratic National Convention. He felt inspired by the way Barack Obama spoke of Michelle Obama when introducing her onstage, and the way second gentleman Doug Emhoff gazed up proudly at Kamala Harris during her speech. He also admired the way Tim Walz talked about his wife, Gwen, and her experience of IVF treatment. All this support struck him as a form of masculinity that hadn’t been talked about enough in the election cycle. It was, to him, the polar opposite of the alternative.

“It almost feels like Trump and JD Vance and all the MAGA-world people are afraid of women,” Reed says. “Like, there’s this subtext that if you’re trying to control women this much, there’s something about your masculinity that must feel challenged.”

Reed articulated his thoughts to the greater Creatives for Harris team, which meets regularly on Slack to brainstorm ideas. The message quickly met with a robust gallery of upward-thumbs, smiley faces, and double-exclamation points. Buoyed by the encouragement, Reed tapped into his network of talented filmmakers, actors, and casting directors, and put together the video on a shoestring budget.
Article is long and can be found at:

Meanwhile...

Pro-Kamala Harris spot targeting ‘real men’ ripped as ‘cringiest political ad ever’​

How do you do, fellow dudes?

A 90-second video of “typical” men expressing their support for Kamala Harris was widely mocked online Friday — with critics trashing the awkward spot as the “cringiest political ad ever” and an “absurd piece of rubbish.”

The clip features a slew of apparent farmers, car enthusiasts and gym junkies boasting about their masculinity as they repeatedly insist, “I’m a man” and “I’m man enough.”

The script then takes a hard feminist turn as the presumed actors — most of whom were filmed doing outdoor activities or perched on trucks — start rattling off ways they aren’t afraid to support women.

“You think I’m afraid to rebuild a carburetor? I eat carburetors for breakfast,” one man oddly says before another chimes in: “I’ll tell you another thing I’m sure as s–t not afraid of … women.”

“If they wanna control their bodies, I say go for it,” the men crow in the video. “If they want to start a family, I’m not afraid of families … If they want to be childless cat ladies … have all the cats you want.”

“If a woman wants to be president … I hope she has the guts to look me right in the eye and accept my full-throated endorsement,” they added.

Ridicule of the ad was swift and spread like wildfire — with many openly questioning whether it was satire engineered by supporters of Republican nominee Donald Trump.

“I present to you the cringiest political ad ever created,” one user posted on X.

“I’ve tried processing this for 20 minutes, concluded it was some kind of Trumpster prank deep satire, but then realized the Trumpsters are too retarded to pull off anything that brilliant, and so I’m back to confusion Square One,” veteran political snarker @iowahawkblog commented.

“Look, I know a lot of car guys, and a lot of farmers, and a lot of car guys and farmers who are going to vote for Harris,” he added, “and I will tell you no one on earth is cringing at this video harder than they are.”

Another user tweeted: “A Kamala Harris ad is making the rounds on social media. It’s the most absurd piece of rubbish imaginable. It’s so bad, it is more believable as parody than reality.”

“Is this Kamala Harris commercial about ‘real men’ the worst ad in the history of politics and why is the answer yes?” one person wrote in another post.

“Must-see Kamala ad,” enthused Claremont Institute fellow David Reaboi. “Not only do they have no idea how actual men speak, they couldn’t find any convincing male actors.”

“Who wrote this script?” asked writer Emily Zanotti. “Have they met literally a single male human?”

“Apparently, the only men those working for the Harris campaign know are Doug Emhoff and Tim Walz,” joked Margot Cleveland, legal correspondent for the Federalist.

It wasn’t immediately clear who was behind the new ad, but a tiny message at the end of the clip noted it was “not authorized by candidate or candidate committee.”

The Post reached out to the Harris campaign about the new ad, but didn’t hear back immediately.

Re: Cringy "Man Enough" ad...

Meet the creator - Jacob Reed, who's some comedic director in Hollywood - behind the "Man Enough" ad with the "Creatives for Harris" team.
MV5BMWMxYjA2MTYtNTUxNy00OTc0LThmMjEtMmJlNjlhZjkyN2Y4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ2OTY4NjA@._V1_.jpg

‘I’m not afraid of women’: New campaign takes on the Trump-obsessed manosphere​

Article is long and can be found at:

Meanwhile...

Pro-Kamala Harris spot targeting ‘real men’ ripped as ‘cringiest political ad ever’​

Physionomie checks out.

Back