Why Voting Is Worth It

I'm beginning to take a contrarian opinion:

I'm finding, the older I get, the more disillusioned I get with the whole political circus, the non-stop theater every time there is a congressional or gubernatorial or presidential election. It is nearly an unbroken cycle of grandstanding, charades, false promises, let-downs, blame-shifting, etc. At some point, when you reach a certain age, you realize nothing has improved, on the contrary it is just a continuous slide backwards into complacency and tolerance of evil, regardless of party. According to this article, we need to focus on ourselves first and stick as close to Christ as possible, especially in these End Times.

It does seem pretty bad out there, culture wise.

One paragraph stood out for me in that article:

...ponder why anyone allows a corrupt political system to narrowly define one’s “civic duty” as casting a vote? What about your civic duties to become as spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially healthy as you possibly can? Do you ever hear about those duties? No voting necessary.

This is why I vote at this point, I consider it a civic duty. I envision it as something like stretching towards a better system no matter how pathetically impossible this actually is. I think I'll continue to do it until I'm forced not to. It might happen in much the same way we were nearly forced out of society for not taking the jab.

I do agree that being spiritually, mentally, physically, and financially healthy are all higher civic duties than voting. I'll be reminding myself of the proper order in my head from here on out.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to take a contrarian opinion:

I'm finding, the older I get, the more disillusioned I get with the whole political circus, the non-stop theater every time there is a congressional or gubernatorial or presidential election. It is nearly an unbroken cycle of grandstanding, charades, false promises, let-downs, blame-shifting, etc. At some point, when you reach a certain age, you realize nothing has improved, on the contrary it is just a continuous slide backwards into complacency and tolerance of evil, regardless of party. According to this article, we need to focus on ourselves first and stick as close to Christ as possible, especially in these End Times.

@Samseau should read the above link. He asked for quotes of Saints in favor of not voting. Well there they are. And there are many more.
That website also has many article explaing why democratcally elected leaders aren't ordained by God.

I fell in here from “Scrödingers Thread” this is my serious response - I don’t know if it is.

I’m sure everyone on here is familiar with Moldbug’s concept of The Cathedral. I’ve built on his definition. My take on The Cathedral is its the intersection of academia, mass media, unelected organizations (both ngo and alphabet) and institutional capital which was a blind spot for Moldbug. They have an agenda and they all work lock step to get their agenda passed. And yes, the big headed astronauts are over represented. But there’s also plenty of Protestants to go around. Their endgame is the Mexicoization of America. The Dems basically want to be the PRI.

The ultimate question is this - “Is the Cathedral real?” If yes voting doesn’t matter. The cathedral will just steal the electors or do some mass media manipulation like the PRI. If no, your vote matters in swing states only. If your states a foregone conclusion, your votes a drop in the bucket. Reminds me of my 2016 Queens Trump vote.

Last edited:
The ultimate question is this - “Is the Cathedral real?” If yes voting doesn’t matter. The cathedral will just steal the electors or do some mass media manipulation like the PRI.

It might sort of matter still even if it is real as you describe. I think there is some play here as "the Cathedral" would want to keep up appearances. I think we saw it struggle with how to do this in 2016 and 2020.

It might sort of matter still even if it is real as you describe. I think there is some play here as "the Cathedral" would want to keep up appearances. I think we saw it struggle with how to do this in 2016 and 2020.
I’m only voting trump because if “the cathedral” is real - which I’m starting to to believe it is - it hurts them when a pleb like myself votes trump. They hate it when we vote Trump, so I’m voting trump.

Also to clarify when I say “the cathedral” I mean something much more than mere “muh capitalism” or “rich people.” Those things alone don’t constitute an aristocracy. I’m implying an American aristocracy / ruling class who runs big corp, big gov and big org, and the media. All trained by the university system so of course they all think alike.

Back