• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Whore addiction

That is one of the most prideful statements I’ve ever read. So have you ever dealt with people with addiction and where exactly has your approach worked? If you’re a drill
Sergeant and people are forced to listen, then maybe, but once that dynamic isn’t there nobody is going to listen or care about what you have to say. They’ll more likely rebel. It’s just like when kids listen to teachers in school, but that influence isn’t lasting.

On the other hand, genuinely meeting a person where they are at and demonstrating understanding will work in the long run. Not barking orders or commands at them.

We don’t know what actions he took, but he seemed to moving in a positive direction from
his posts.

Well, from a practical view it seemed to have forced him to leave the forum, so it didn’t work.
Big dog... I it appears that to you anyone who makes a declarative statement is prideful.

Get over it. You're acting like I'm willing to take commentary from you and change my discourse. I'm not.

I have delt with addicts in gambling and drugs and those conversations in the direct manner did in fact work for me to the person asking for help.

Initially they were recalcitrant... Then came around and saw the point.

If someone presents a problem and asked for input....and others provide insight out of genuine care on how to solve it.... That's how it works...

... If leaving the forum means he went to get his priests council.... That's a net positive. Zero things we are going to do here will substitute action on the posters part.

If OP comes back great. Hope he does.

Big dog... I it appears that to you anyone who makes a declarative statement is prideful.

Nope, I read some of your posts and it’s mostly you.

Get over it. You're acting like I'm willing to take commentary from you and change my discourse. I'm not.

I don’t care, my honest opinion about most of what you post with the exception of few topics is that your critical thinking is quite poor, so I believe you’re obtuse, and that won’t change.

I have delt with addicts in gambling and drugs and those conversations in the direct manner did in fact work for me to the person asking for help.

Initially they were recalcitrant... Then came around and saw the point.

Since you probably did little to help in that regard.

If someone presents a problem and asked for input....and others provide insight out of genuine care on how to solve it.... That's how it works...

Again you have no idea what you’re talking about but time to ignore you. Good luck ‘big dog’

... If leaving the forum means he went to get his priests council.... That's a net positive. Zero things we are going to do here will substitute action on the posters part.

If OP comes back great. Hope he does.

Nope, I read some of your posts and it’s mostly you.

I don’t care, my honest opinion about most of what you post with the exception of few topics is that your critical thinking is quite poor, so I believe you’re obtuse, and that won’t change.

Since you probably did little to help in that regard.

Again you have no idea what you’re talking about but time to ignore you. Good luck ‘big dog’
Sorry you don't appreciate the cut of my jib.

As far as critical thinking skills....Id say my critical thinking skills are pretty sound given life experience, professional success, credentials, business acumen, and leadership experience in exigent circumstances in the .mil.... But we are all strangers on the Internet so that's ok.

We are not going to offer much of that here since OP said ..."why listen to random people on the Internet" when he's having a hard enough time listening to his priest? Supposing that is true.

OP was struggling with the realization that he was doing something that was in conflict with his own self love. I appreciate that and understand the response... But that doesn't change how I'm going to communicate for the purpose of clarity. Plenty of others are singing kum by yah, and so it's not like anyone came and called OP a fool or an idiot or a degenerate. Look at how everyone pointed out that this wasn't a healthy thing and that the person was indeed harming themselves and creating impediments to their own salvation.

Which leads me to my point.... We are pontificating on something that cannot be solved over the Internet. For someone going through addiction to come forward is great... But a genuine addict needs a rehabilitation program that includes steps and a plan.

Maybe I misread everything and OP was following advice to a T? If so then I'm sorry that he's reacted the way he did and that I may have caused that... But I'm fairly certain that wasn't the case.

Last edited:
You are being hard on chopper, when he did try his best to help. Being a gentle Christian does not mean you ignore those who disagree with you.

You are being hard on chopper, when he did try his best to help. Being a gentle Christian does not mean you ignore those who disagree with you.

You are correct, but it doesn’t change the fact that I find him and certain posters quite abrasive and annoying. Always claiming they are correct (with no evidence to back it up), never admitting wrong or showing an ounce of humility, and always trying to get the last word in a thread. So it’s best for me to just ignore them to avoid any arguments. It may not be the most Christian way, but it is something that I am working on.

You are correct, but it doesn’t change the fact that I find him and certain posters quite abrasive and annoying. Always claiming they are correct (with no evidence to back it up), never admitting wrong or showing an ounce of humility, and always trying to get the last word in a thread. So it’s best for me to just ignore them to avoid any arguments. It may not be the most Christian way, but it is something that I am working on.
Checks out with my previous post that people with strong options = prideful.

But by your own history... Look at the way you've spoken to people in early threads on controversial topics on things like Nukes with disdain.

You cheered for Paternos to leave... And called people trolls right and left

I'm sorry friend. You're a hypocrite.

Checks out with my previous post that people with strong options = prideful.

But by your own history... Look at the way you've spoken to people in early threads on controversial topics on things like Nukes with disdain.

You cheered for Paternos to leave... And called people trolls right and left

I'm sorry friend. You're a hypocrite.

And what does judging him in return accomplish? Will it make him less likely to judge?

And what does judging him in return accomplish? Will it make him less likely to judge?
My goal was just to point out the double standard in behavior. Goal accomplished. Wasn't me who was going around telling someone else they were prideful whilst encouraging other people to leave..

But I'm detailing so I'll stop...

Reading through this thread, I don't think chopper was being abrasive or annoying. On the contrary, I think he was being fairly polite. This just looks like pointless tone-policing to me.

You're generally a good poster, but when someone disagrees with you, you sometimes tend to start wagging your finger at them and smugly accusing them of being bad Christians or things along those lines. You've done that with me as well. You need to knock that off, it's exceedingly antisocial behavior.

Last edited:
Reading through this thread, I don't think chopper was being abrasive or annoying. On the contrary, I think he was being fairly polite. This just looks like pointless tone-policing to me.

You're generally a good poster, but when someone disagrees with you, you sometimes tend to start wagging your finger at them and smugly accusing them of being bad Christians or things along those lines. You've done that with me as well. You need to knock that off, it's exceedingly antisocial behavior.

Well, I don’t even remember what I posted to you, but the bad Christian example was because a poster mentioned that he was meeting several Christian women who were in his words ‘monkey-branching’. To me that meant he was meeting women who were either married or in committed relationships, and it seemed from his posts he was continuing to pursue them irregardless of their status. Of course I could have misinterpreted his actions from his posts. To me if a woman is married she’s off limits and I’m not going to pursue that.

The other call outs have been obvious trolls who are distracting the forum with psyops like flat earth or nukes or whatever the new psyop of the month is. It’s incredibly bothersome to me that people here continue to engage with that nonsense. I don’t think they believe it anyway but they want to confuse and just drain energy from here. There are probably plenty of flat earth forums where they can enjoy themselves.

As for Chopper. He seems to be fine on certain topics, but overall he’s better on my ignore list. I find his posts annoying since he thinks he’s always right, when it’s obvious he isn’t. In this thread, it was clear Samseau has had experience dealing with people with addictions and Chopper little to none. It wasn’t a coincidence to me that it looked like it was Choppers post that made the OP just up and leave, but he doesn’t have the humility to admit that. I also find his posts suspect considering he seems to want to impress people with things and he brandishes a large family. If that’s truly the case, it’s like get off the internet and take care of your family dude. Instead he seems to have infinite time to argue, post online, and get the last word with strangers on the internet. Wouldn’t the time be better spent taking care of the kids? I find the nonstop internet presence and trivial posting idiotic, so no I don’t respect or care for him.

Anyway, I don’t have to like everyone here to still get value from the forum, and I can ignore who I want so I don’t have to see their posts again.

Aside from a troll or two everyone in this thread offered @Recovering well-intended advice. He flipped out because he opened himself up to so much scrutiny from strangers on the internet and it was probably overwhelming for him. The man needs space and prayers.

Well, I don’t even remember what I posted to you, but the bad Christian example was because a poster mentioned that he was meeting several Christian women who were in his words ‘monkey-branching’. To me that meant he was meeting women who were either married or in committed relationships, and it seemed from his posts he was continuing to pursue them irregardless of their status. Of course I could have misinterpreted his actions from his posts. To me if a woman is married she’s off limits and I’m not going to pursue that.

The other call outs have been obvious trolls who are distracting the forum with psyops like flat earth or nukes or whatever the new psyop of the month is. It’s incredibly bothersome to me that people here continue to engage with that nonsense. I don’t think they believe it anyway but they want to confuse and just drain energy from here. There are probably plenty of flat earth forums where they can enjoy themselves.

As for Chopper. He seems to be fine on certain topics, but overall he’s better on my ignore list. I find his posts annoying since he thinks he’s always right, when it’s obvious he isn’t. In this thread, it was clear Samseau has had experience dealing with people with addictions and Chopper little to none. It wasn’t a coincidence to me that it looked like it was Choppers post that made the OP just up and leave, but he doesn’t have the humility to admit that. I also find his posts suspect considering he seems to want to impress people with things and he brandishes a large family. If that’s truly the case, it’s like get off the internet and take care of your family dude. Instead he seems to have infinite time to argue, post online, and get the last word with strangers on the internet. Wouldn’t the time be better spent taking care of the kids? I find the nonstop internet presence and trivial posting idiotic, so no I don’t respect or care for him.

Anyway, I don’t have to like everyone here to still get value from the forum, and I can ignore who I want so I don’t have to see their posts again.

I'm actually posting from the living room right now whilst watching a film with the kids after dinner... so thanks for the disingenuous comment about family time... But I think I've got that one covered. Im traveling for the next week for work, so I doubt you'll see as much activity... But it's not very hard to make a couple posts here and there and still take care of business professionally and in the home front.

OP was looking and quoting and agreeing with my posts, even quoted and said I was right. Then quit apparently...so maybe you need to re-examine what happened and seperate your projection of disdain for my delivery from what actually occured...

As far as my own humility, as I've stated, these conversations are very different in person than over the Internet... But you claiming I don't have experience with things doesn't make your claim accurate. Of course we all think we are right...why would you even make a comment on something if you thought you were wrong? That's a nonsense statement.

As I've stated, I've looked briefly at your own posting history, and there is a pattern of protesting when challenged as others have stated and actually advocating for people who were good posters just off on some topics to actively quit. I have no problem with that... But don't get your panties in a wad when, in trying to provide someone help, they decide to quit on their own... especially when neither I, nor others are advocating for them leaving.

You don't have to like my opinions, but I'm pretty consistent with everyone on how I interact and the way I communicate. Ive engaged with literally everyone here at some point and challenged them and been challenged myself. Many agree with me, many don't, it's also part of learning.... I'm ok either way. If you're not inclined to debate then I think we are just getting different things out of the forum. And thats ok too.

But please spare the sanctimonious accusations when you've got your own behavior patterns of accusing of things when you're in disagreement.

Last edited:
And this whole thread started because of this...

giphy.gif

If that’s truly the case, it’s like get off the internet and take care of your family dude. Instead he seems to have infinite time to argue, post online, and get the last word with strangers on the internet. Wouldn’t the time be better spent taking care of the kids? I find the nonstop internet presence and trivial posting idiotic, so no I don’t respect or care for him.

Not everyone watches TV or plays video games. For some people, entertainment is spent reading. Forums are an easy way to read and communicate with like-minded men, even if you have a large family. You can just hit the refresh button at work or at home and chime in on a post here and there.

Think of all the time you've seen dad's waste time on TV or sports... now replace it with reading and occasional posting. It's really not that hard.

In general though, I agree with you: if someone is terminally online, and never has breaks, then something is wrong. But for bursts of activity for the average user? Pretty normal.

I think Chopper is a good man who tries his best, and even if he made one statement wrong to an addict it's not a big deal. Ultimately, the addict is the person who places themselves in a troubled spot, and it's going to be difficult for the addict to find sympathy. If someone is too harsh with the addict, is it really their fault?

Just as we must go easy on the addict, we must also go easy on those talking to the addict to gently correct them as well. It's not easy for anyone, therefore, I don't find fault with anyone - neither the addict, nor those who look down the addicts. Even though both are sinning, we cure sin through gentle love.

I also don't find you at fault either for being upset with Chopper either. You may have had addicted friends or family, and so you know how hurtful statements can make things worse for the addict, so I understand why you are upset with Chopper.

I'm just trying to get everyone to see through each other's eyes here. As far as I can tell in this thread, and forgive me if I'm wrong, but everyone has a portion of truth in their statements.

Back