Video Games and Gaming Technology (In A Positive Light)

Ok I'm sold! Just learning about the comeback of Cyberpunk 77 from this thread. Before it came out years ago I was excited to get it then when I saw the reviews I didn't even buy it and never played it.

So this will be my first time playing it in its peak form. Looks like a really amazing game. Looking forward to enjoying this incredible piece of art.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

New Steam thing just dropped. I posted it on last thread last year, I'll post here again.

9cae890a-b4af-4286-ae9c-60d374e3fdc9.webp

In Portuguese because....... Because it is, ok chud??? Jogos is games, Conquistas is cheevos, and sessões is when you open a game. Coping with the 1,9k because I troubleshoot a lot with mods.

First 3 games are the same as last year, and the other 2 are of the bald man. On one hand I feel I didn't get out of my comfort zone, and on the other, I played so much GARBAGE on my backlog that it's probably why there aren't many here. One of the games I spent the most time beating was "SOMA", which was the most pseud existentialist game ever. I just removed it from my account because I'm never going to play it again. Not even the starving African kids would have wanted to eat that digital 1 dollar game copy I wasted.

I launched GTA 3 and 4 with a version you can only play at sea, so it didn't show up there, but that was one of the big things I played.

New Steam thing just dropped. I posted it on last thread last year, I'll post here again.

View attachment 3033

In Portuguese because....... Because it is, ok chud??? Jogos is games, Conquistas is cheevos, and sessões is when you open a game. Coping with the 1,9k because I troubleshoot a lot with mods.

First 3 games are the same as last year, and the other 2 are of the bald man. On one hand I feel I didn't get out of my comfort zone, and on the other, I played so much GARBAGE on my backlog that it's probably why there aren't many here. One of the games I spent the most time beating was "SOMA", which was the most pseud existentialist game ever. I just removed it from my account because I'm never going to play it again. Not even the starving African kids would have wanted to eat that digital 1 dollar game copy I wasted.

I launched GTA 3 and 4 with a version you can only play at sea, so it didn't show up there, but that was one of the big things I played.

Do you have any other hobbies?

Do you have any other hobbies?
I have the basics. Not a master hobbyist with tentacles all over the 5 senses, but I don't sit on a screen all day, which isn't helped by trying a Computer Science degree. Trying to get into more stuff lately like instruments and reading. I touch grass fairly often.

Sessions != hours. It's just counted as opening a game, which might be closed soon (sometimes literally crashes on opening) after, or maybe changed to just Steam, which is usually auto-started or sits around minimized. Currently on 35 hours in the last two weeks. Half of a normal job hour, and around one Netflix series, which is the typical normalfren hobby.

I have the basics. Not a master hobbyist with tentacles all over the 5 senses, but I don't sit on a screen all day, which isn't helped by trying a Computer Science degree. Trying to get into more stuff lately like instruments and reading. I touch grass fairly often.

Sessions != hours. It's just counted as opening a game, which might be closed soon (sometimes literally crashes on opening) after, or maybe changed to just Steam, which is usually auto-started or sits around minimized. Currently on 35 hours in the last two weeks. Half of a normal job hour, and around one Netflix series, which is the typical normalfren hobby.

That's not too bad dude, I know people who watch Netflix the same amount of hours a week as a full time job.

If you're on the screen so much already you might try something physical like archery which helped me a lot of getting that "shooting" fix solved in a healthy manner instead of sitting more in front of a screen.

5b087d80-fb48-4444-96f6-794efcbda2d6.png

I have not played videogames all that much this year, as I took up a full time job. Next year, just like this one has been, should be a year of very good personal growth for me, as long as the Jews don't pull any big psyops. I'll get quite sad if they release a sequel to the 'rona hoax tbh.

I played a lot of heavily modded Terraria this year. Honestly, with how many mods there are for Terraria, you don't even really need other games. It's very comfortable to be able to just master the core gameplay mechanics of a very polished game, and then simply add more and more content of my choosing on top of them.

I really enjoyed NMS, but it was honestly just because it scratched an itch I had for space exploration and owning a massive intergalactic pirate fleet, rather than because it's an actually good game. In reality, it's extremely unpolished. All the planetary terrain is graphically very ugly imo, lots of noclipping, inexplicable crashes that I couldn't seem to reproduce after opening the game back up and doing the same things that seemingly made it crash, lots of really ugly pop-in when going into a planet (you'd think it's a perfectly understandable technical limitation, but then there are actually mods that fix it, what gives?), the randomly generated worlds and creatures get repetitive quickly, I felt the need to install a fairly large amount of mods halfway through my first playthrough just to make the game fun, yada yada, 5/10, would not recommend.

Deep Rock Galactic is a flawless masterpiece and everyone should play it. Great game to just play solo while listening to a podcast.

Anyone check out the nre Baldurs Gate?

I grew up playing all the Blizzard games and just replayed BG 2 and the Expansion.

Before Grad school I played a bunch of Pillars of Eternity II and am nearly done with the program so looking forward to having a couple hours on the weekend of spare time to play.

I will have to fire it up and see what i can do.

I have a top end 3090, fingers crossed!
This new mod may be of interest: for non-40-series Nvidia GPUs, it hacks AMD FSR3 frame generation into the Nvidia DLSS pipeline. You can take advantage of DLSS upscaling together with frame generation that was previously limited to the 40 series. It will give a huge boost to fps, badly needed with path tracing.

Anyone check out the nre Baldurs Gate?

I grew up playing all the Blizzard games and just replayed BG 2 and the Expansion.

Before Grad school I played a bunch of Pillars of Eternity II and am nearly done with the program so looking forward to having a couple hours on the weekend of spare time to play.
I think it's awesome. DnD without a DM.

Been looking forward to it for years (waited for EA to be over) and it did not disappoint. The graphics, storylines (I"m 40 hours in and maybe 1/2 through first act), interpretation of 5e rules, all incredible. There are so many ways to accomplish objectives other than killing everything - but that's ok too. The developers have really thought of most everything and there are so many interesting ways of doing things, combinations of spells, tactical combat....

It has a 96% approval on Steam and most of the negative reviews are that Act 3 didn't live up to the rest of the game (or left over from early access reviews telling you to wait for the full game).

If you liked BG 1&2 and PoE, you'll really enjoy this game. If you have a steam deck (how I play, but usually hooked to tv), you can even play it anywhere.

1703168676242.webp

Hello CIKers. A while back on the RVF, I posted about my ex-girlfriend passing away and posted a gofundme for her mother that several members generously donated to. I also have posted since about how I've been working on a new video. I didn't go into much detail. Well, here it is. Uploaded it Sunday. It is actually a slideshow of pictures I tookin Starfield, although it plays as much more than that. I dedicated it to my ex, Ava, who I bonded with over previous Bethesda RPGs.

Let me finish by saying two things. First, I briefly talk in the intro about Ava and how before her passing I gave her the gospel. My views as a nondenominational Christian will almost certainly not align with some, or perhaps many, on the forum, so if that would be an issue for you, I would just pass on it. Second, this video is WAY better than a picture slideshow has any right to be. As a disabled veteran, I had the luxury of putting ALL my time into it. Seven days a week, sometimes up to 16 hours a day, and the results show. I will say, the first half is sometimes on the slow side, but the second half is very entertaining and emotionally affecting. I like the whole thing, but if you don't have much time, maybe just watch the final 30 mins.

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Insane, crazy, amazing Mario Sunshine Mod. However, if only I could play it... don't have the ROM

Wow, that's a really big mod. Reminds me of Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. I had a lot of fun playing that mod years ago, basically a new game. Looked it up just now and it looks like it's not only still around, but the team behind it also made a NSMBDS mod, a SM64DS mod, and is working on a sequel to the original Wii mod.

https://newerteam.com/

Last edited:
Wow, that's a really big mod. Reminds me of Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii. I had a lot of fun playing that mod years ago, basically a new game. Looked it up just now and it looks like it's not only still around, but the team behind it also made a NSMBDS mod, a SM64DS mod, and is working on a sequel to the original Wii mod.

https://newerteam.com/
I'm already trying to figure how to play what you posted. Do I need a ROM?

Back