The TV Shows Thread

Star Wars: The Acolyte focuses on a space-witch-lesbian community using the force to create black babies. It is down at a 17% user score on Rotten Tomatoes and cost 22M dollars PER EPISODE.

Almost tempted to watch it Mystery Science Theater 3000 style. Almost.

This is the only Star Wars TV show I watch.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Love it! A lot of MacGyver was shot in and around Greater Vancouver, BC. My dad was a commercial helicopter pilot and he was hired by the studio to fly Richard Dean Anderson around to various filming locations. He got a photo of him posing by his chopper with RDA on one of the remote set locales. That was my MOST prized possession for YEARS!

AND I always loved Han Solo...my Dad always had Harrison Ford's characteristic grin/smirk.

The wire, sopranos, better call Saul, boardwalk empire, breaking bad, fallout are what I have been watching the past couple years.

Currently on house of the dragon s1, it’s quite good . There’s a ten year time jump from episode 5 to episode 6 and they recast two of the main characters to older actresses and kept the rest the same. Odd but whatever

Still a good show

The other day, I just finished watching a Russian miniseries on tubitv.com called 'Sophia' (2015). It's about Zoe Paleologos, who was the niece of the last Byzantine Emperor who died at the fall of Constantinople in 1453. She was married off to the Grand Prince of Moscow, Ivan III (Ivan the Great). She was born 'Zoe' but due to the mistrust of the Russians, she agreed to be re-baptized into the Russian Orthodox Church as 'Sophia.' She was the grandmother of Ivan IV (Ivan the 'Terrible') [largely Western propaganda]. It's 8 episodes long and I really enjoyed it. Dealt with medieval Russian history that I didn't know much about. I think it might be of interest to any Orthodox brethren on this site. However, there is some anti-Catholic sentiment in the series, FYI.

The wire, sopranos, better call Saul, boardwalk empire, breaking bad, fallout are what I have been watching the past couple years.

Currently on house of the dragon s1, it’s quite good . There’s a ten year time jump from episode 5 to episode 6 and they recast two of the main characters to older actresses and kept the rest the same. Odd but whatever

Still a good show

Some classics in that list, in bold.

Never seen Game of Thrones, not sure I will.

Really enjoyed the latest season of The Bear on FX. Continues to deliver real characters, real stories without being cringe. A really great TV show when it comes down to it is about Family.

Some classics in that list, in bold.

Never seen Game of Thrones, not sure I will.
I don't think you need to. A lot of people got into it because of it's popularity. People forgot about it right away because of how bad it's final season was.

Overall, I found the show too bleak and nihilistic. It's like Lord of the Rings, but without the wholesomeness, brotherhood, and virtue that hold the story together. That's not an accident, the writer of GoT deliberately wrote his books to be a nihilistic take on Lord of the Rings. There were some entertaining parts but I won't ever rewatch the show.

I don't think you need to. A lot of people got into it because of it's popularity. People forgot about it right away because of how bad it's final season was.

Overall, I found the show too bleak and nihilistic. It's like Lord of the Rings, but without the wholesomeness, brotherhood, and virtue that hold the story together. That's not an accident, the writer of GoT deliberately wrote his books to be a nihilistic take on Lord of the Rings. There were some entertaining parts but I won't ever rewatch the show.
I watched all of GoT, to my shame. You have missed NOTHING by not watching it. I kept thinking it would get better, or that they would develop the characters better of the beings beyond the ice wall...but they didn't. All in all, it was gratuitously gorey, lecherous, overly sexual, and aggrandized the dark triad personality traits in humans. I remember reading somewhere that there were an average of 5.5 bewb shots every episode. Looking at the author and seeing his interviews, it was clear the origin of the series was based in filth, debauchery, and gluttony. Nihilism without redemption. Christians should avoid this one.

Really enjoyed the latest season of The Bear on FX. Continues to deliver real characters, real stories without being cringe. A really great TV show when it comes down to it is about Family.
Yeah, I just finished season 1 of that show, and I'm enjoying it myself. It has a lot of black characters, but their blackness is not a part of the storylines—at least so far.

I was a little perturbed by the Deus Ex Machine inserted into the end of season 1. I'm not sure where the series is going here, but I'm still waiting to see Carmy and his cousin struggle to make it in the business. I expected the family to have to take out loans or make sacrifices to keep their dream alive. And what happened at the end seemed to let them off too easily.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just finished season 1 of that show, and I'm enjoying it myself. It has a lot of black characters, but their blackness is not a part of the storylines—at least so far.

I was a little perturbed by the Deus Ex Machine inserted into the end of season 1. I'm not sure where the series is going here, but I'm still waiting to see Carmy and his cousin struggle to make it in the business. I expected the family to have to take out loans or make sacrifices to keep their dream alive. And what happened at the end seemed to let them off too easily.

The struggle is weaved into the show I think, it can't escape.
The ending to me was consistent with how the restaurant operated. Keep putting everything on the back burner and deal with it as it comes.

But I think you're right in the fact it did "let them off" in a way, but still surprising ending and enjoyable. Almost like they had to find the diamonds in place where they least expected, or sifting through s**t from the past.

No spoilers here but the second season is a positive character arc for most of the characters, which really stood out for me against the woke, demonic nonsense of other TV shows in comparison, which kept me watching. It's good TV and something very different.

Though there is definitely an episode which is very hard to watch - heavy drama that might make you tune out the same way the "bathtub episode" in Breaking Bad made me reconsider continuing on with the series. You'll know it when you see it.

Has anybody watched “Yes, Minister” and “Yes, Prime Minister?”

They’re two classic British comedy shows which caught my attention when I saw them discussed, and even recommended among Neo-Reactionary types, as “redpilled” tv shows on how democratic governance really works.

I’m planning to watch them all as I haven’t seen the entire series. But the general idea is the back-and-forth between democratically elected politicians and the British Civil Service, who constantly obfuscate and obstruct the plans and policies of the people elected to implement them. A bunch of unelected career-bureaucrats maintaining the status-quo, certainly a familiar concept.

It was was Margaret Thatcher’s favourite comedy, and many politicians speak of it being somewhat true to life.

Back