The TV Shows Thread

Spoilers:

Yeah it really rewards people that stick with it. I'm glad I stuck till the end after being such a massive fan of Breaking Bad. The acting by Kim and Saul are top notch, but Lalo Salamanca is one of the best TV characters I can remember watching.
Honestly I ended up rooting for him and was definitely my favorite character along with Nacho. His whole play on escaping his assassination attempt, killing the assassins, faking his death to the cartel, then going after Gus in secret without telling the ANYONE (except Hector) while risking his life is such a badass play. And I used to like Gus but this show made me hate him as much as Walt; everything he does is based on revenge for the cartel murdering his homo lover.

Why did you think the first 2 seasons were slow and boring? As I remember, there wasn't a weak season in the bunch.
Too much legal/political stuff with HHM and Charles. Charles was an annoying character and the show improved dramatically once he died.

Last edited:
SPOILERS:
Too much legal/political stuff with HHM and Charles. Charles was an annoying character and the show improved dramatically once he died.
See...I really liked Charles and thought he and his condition made the show really interesting. I also thought when he died, the dynamic lost between him and Saul left a bit of a void in the show.

The lawyer stuff would usually turn me off too since I hate most lawyer/courtroom dramas. But for some reason, I found it very interesting in BCS.

One of my favorite legal shows that I still somewhat like even post-redpill is Boston Legal. Its creator, David E. Kelley (husband of Michelle Pfeiffer) has always been an arch-liberal, but in his earlier shows he would try to give a fair hearing to both sides of hot button issues. When BL premiered, though, he was starting to go all-out, attacking Bush and conservatism, and pushing every single bit of liberal lunacy you can think of. But I loved the friendship of the two leads, played by James Spader and William Shatner (Shatner's character is conservative, but cartoonishly so), and the way Kelley would have them break the fourth wall and make references to Star Trek (Trekkies would get a kick out of it for sure, there are quite a few actors from that universe who appear on the show).

The most amusing aspect is that for all Kelley's pandering, the two leads were white men, and despite the show never being a ratings hit, ABC kept it on the air for five seasons because it had a largely white, affluent audience.

Watched the first two series of Fargo... entertaining, albeit both seasons should probably be two episodes shorter or have some plotlines rejiggered. Some really blatant lapses in writing present that detracted from the higher quality material. Some woke is present but it's pretty tame by modern standards. I do like that the protagonists are legitimately good people doing the right thing and the portrayal of families in a very positive light as a bastion against the evil present in the wider world. I also liked the theme of season 2 implying that feminism corrupts and preys on delusional women who live in fantasyland ha.

Just finished watching 1883, which is a prequel to Yellowstone. I plan to watch them in chronological order of dates. So next is 1923 and then Yellowstone after that.

At any rate, I was very impressed with this piece of work. It's a 10-part series about a group of people on the Oregon Trail going from Texas to...you guessed it...Oregon. The characters have to deal with a lot to get where they're going and constantly face battles of man vs man, man vs his environment, and man vs himself. Each episode is gripping and you really get sucked into the story.

It stars Sam Elliot and Tim McGraw, both of whom give very good performances. Of course Sam Elliot had to be in this since it's a Western. The guy is closing in on 80 now but he's still got the onscreen charisma he had in his younger days. It also has a beautiful and talented actress named Isabel May in a lead role who does a great job with her character.

So...because this is a series from Paramount, there is the usual propaganda. Indians...good. White man...bad. Add in some IR relationships and May's character who takes after her father instead of her mother which results in the woman becoming less feminine as the series goes on.

If you can handle all that, it's worth the watch as the series really is well done. Plus, these contemporary cliches sprout up organically due to the character's circumstances, so at least they don't seem forced. If this were the first series to show this kind of stuff, it might not raise too much of an eyebrow. But because we are assaulted with this stuff in most films and shows we watch these days, you can't help but roll your eyes. The writer/producer of this series and Yellowstone looks like a blue-collar, tough-as-nails guy himself. So I'm sure he was told to include some of this propaganda in his show, even though he may not have wanted to.

Even with these faults, I'd still give the show an 8/10 for the solid acting, attention to detail, and strong storyline.

Last edited:
Watched the first two series of Fargo... entertaining, albeit both seasons should probably be two episodes shorter or have some plotlines rejiggered. Some really blatant lapses in writing present that detracted from the higher quality material. Some woke is present but it's pretty tame by modern standards. I do like that the protagonists are legitimately good people doing the right thing and the portrayal of families in a very positive light as a bastion against the evil present in the wider world. I also liked the theme of season 2 implying that feminism corrupts and preys on delusional women who live in fantasyland ha.

Started watching season 5 and my goodness it went completely off the rails. The whole season was attacking men, Christianity, conservatives/traditionalists and gun owners non-stop, and not in anything remotely resembling a clever fashion. Could only make in a couple episodes in and skimmed the rest. Did a bit of research and turns out the show creator's mother was a famous feminist. Really is crazy with these shows how you can see the simultaneous decline in writing/production quality and increase in blatant modernist-leftist-programming over a handful of years.

Last edited:
Started watching season 5 and my goodness it went completely off the rails. The whole season was attacking men, Christianity, conservatives/traditionalists and gun owners non-stop, and not in anything remotely resembling a clever fashion. Could only make in a couple episodes in and skimmed the rest. Did a bit of research and turns out the show creator's mother was a famous feminist. Really is crazy with these shows how you can see the simultaneous decline in writing/production quality and increase in blatant modernist-leftist-programming over a handful of years.
I've noticed that these series all follow the same playbook. The first year is all about sucking in the customer and making them a fan of the show.

Then around years 2-3, they add a slow drip of Leftist propaganda. But not enough to make you quit the show.

In the years to follow, the brainwashing becomes more and more intense until you finally realize you are addicted to a show that is promoting ideals you don't believe in.

Speaking of Paramount Plus, the only show I've been watching is Star Trek: Enterprise, the one with Scott Bakula. I gave up on it when it first aired, just before it started to get good. With all the woke stuff and female sensibilities in genre entertainment during the last few years, it's aged well. It's like the anti-Star Trek: Discovery.

I've been watching Orville by Seth MacFarlane. It's a pretty decent satire of Star Trek. They absolutely captured the feel of Star Trek The Next Generation and it's not too heavy on the jokes. Seth is decent enough as an actor. It's really too bad the right can't make some good Star Trek derivative that is either funny and makes fun of super liberal Star Trek or one that showcases a very serious advanced Christian society interacting with others from distant planets.

Since early January I subscribed to Netflix. I know it has a reputation for being woke, nevertheless I found some interesting shows.

1. The first series I watched and liked is Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. Such an entertaining miniseries, and it stayed true to the source video game (Cyberpunk 2077). The characters, weapons, vehicles, scenery all looks totally the same like in the game.

2. After that binge watched Rise of Empires: Ottomans. I expected it to portray the classic story of heroes vs villains, but unexpectedly the series is very sympathetic to the "villains" and portrays them as doing the right thing in their own ways. The Greeks and the Wallachians are portrayed as doing whatever it takes to defend their homeland and they come from a long line of royalty.

3. Watched Love is Blind: Japan, at first I chose to watch it because I wanted something different than the typical western or English language movies. Novelty factor from watching a Japanese show aside, in my opinion it is an unusual but interesting format of dating show. After this I'm going to watch Love is Blind, Love is Blind: Brazil, and Love is Blind: Sweden.

4. The most inspiring for me is Dating Around. Beware that it has LGBT content! The show is split into two seasons with six episodes each, and every episode follows a real life person with five blind dates each. At the end of the episodes each person will continue with one of the dates. Now the six episodes each have a different assortment of person such as a straight guy, an old man, a straight woman, a bi woman, a lesbian woman, and an autistic man. I only watched the straight man and straight woman, I tried watching the rest but I found them repulsive and absolutely disgusting.

Now the straight man is represented in S1:E1 by Luke and in S2:E1 by Justin. They have different approach and charisma when interacting with the women. Luke stayed cool and calm, and maintains a cool aura about him. He doesn't talk a lot but he maintains frame by body language and gesture. While Justin interacts with women by being warm, friendly and cordial. Justin does not have the cool charisma of Luke, but he compensates for this by being open and candid.

I really did not expect a show like this to inspire me, but it did. In the absence of PUA infield video and years of "secular advice are not welcome here, this is not a dating forum, ask your priest" I realized that I must take action and learn what the red pill materials has to offer. I need to have charisma, maintain frame, take care of appearance and generate attraction like Luke and Justin to be able to have a relationship with the opposite sex.

Just finished watching 1883, which is a prequel to Yellowstone. I plan to watch them in chronological order of dates. So next is 1923 and then Yellowstone after that.

At any rate, I was very impressed with this piece of work. It's a 10-part series about a group of people on the Oregon Trail going from Texas to...you guessed it...Oregon. The characters have to deal with a lot to get where they're going and constantly face battles of man vs man, man vs his environment, and man vs himself. Each episode is gripping and you really get sucked into the story.

It stars Sam Elliot and Tim McGraw, both of whom give very good performances. Of course Sam Elliot had to be in this since it's a Western. The guy is closing in on 80 now but he's still got the onscreen charisma he had in his younger days. It also has a beautiful and talented actress named Isabel May in a lead role who does a great job with her character.

So...because this is a series from Paramount, there is the usual propaganda. Indians...good. White man...bad. Add in some IR relationships and May's character who takes after her father instead of her mother which results in the woman becoming less feminine as the series goes on.

If you can handle all that, it's worth the watch as the series really is well done. Plus, these contemporary cliches sprout up organically due to the character's circumstances, so at least they don't seem forced. If this were the first series to show this kind of stuff, it might not raise too much of an eyebrow. But because we are assaulted with this stuff in most films and shows we watch these days, you can't help but roll your eyes. The writer/producer of this series and Yellowstone looks like a blue-collar, tough-as-nails guy himself. So I'm sure he was told to include some of this propaganda in his show, even though he may not have wanted to.

Even with these faults, I'd still give the show an 8/10 for the solid acting, attention to detail, and strong storyline.
I found 1883 to be one of the best Westerns of all time (Im a big fan of the Clint Eastwood westerns). It’s that good. 1923 is still on going and very solid as well. I’ll hold on whether I feel it’s better that 1883 until it’s over however.

I found 1883 to be one of the best Westerns of all time (Im a big fan of the Clint Eastwood westerns). It’s that good. 1923 is still on going and very solid as well. I’ll hold on whether I feel it’s better that 1883 until it’s over however.
I'm halfway through 1923 right now and I think it's even better than 1883, which I gave an 8/10.

Going in, I was under the impression that the series was going to be limited to the ranch the entire time, but that is not the case at all.

Watched a good comedy on Netflix called Loudermilk (3 seasons). Looks like another season may be coming. Ron Livingston’s cynical humor picks up where he left off in Office Space. It’s slow at first but the humor picks up as the show progresses. If you are looking for a good comedy show (which there aren’t many these days), this one may scratch your itch.

I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm again. I know ya'll wouldn't approve because of the jewishness, but Larry David really is a strange guy. He's described as a non-practicing, self-hating jew. In fact one of the episodes plots involves him siding with a Palastinian restaurant over jewish protestors, at the behest of his friends. Sometimes the jewish elements do get tiring since he mostly seems to only associate with other jews which is disgusting, and he's a raging liberal (though definitely not PC or leftist) yet in spite of that it's still very enjoyable and one of the funniest shows ever made. Even if you guys don't approve you must at least admit Seinfeld was the best sitcom ever made, without question.

I'm rewatching Curb Your Enthusiasm again. I know ya'll wouldn't approve because of the jewishness, but Larry David really is a strange guy. He's described as a non-practicing, self-hating jew. In fact one of the episodes plots involves him siding with a Palastinian restaurant over jewish protestors, at the behest of his friends. Sometimes the jewish elements do get tiring since he mostly seems to only associate with other jews which is disgusting, and he's a raging liberal (though definitely not PC or leftist) yet in spite of that it's still very enjoyable and one of the funniest shows ever made. Even if you guys don't approve you must at least admit Seinfeld was the best sitcom ever made, without question.

I enjoyed the episodes with Leon. There was something endearing about their chemistry.

This video cracks me up. Larry's idea of living as a gentile is quite positive. He hunts with his father, rides horses, helps his mother knit, fixes things, goes to church, and doesn't complain. He didn't do any of things when he lived as a Jew.

Last edited:
Watching the show on Hulu called “The Bear”. It’s very exhausting to watch but great acting performances across the whole cast. You have to power through the first 3-4 episodes that are almost entirely about the chaos of owning and working in a restaurant but later in season 1 (and into season 2 the personal drama kicks in. It’s an outstanding series. Slight wokeness at times but tolerable IMO.

Watching the show on Hulu called “The Bear”. It’s very exhausting to watch but great acting performances across the whole cast. You have to power through the first 3-4 episodes that are almost entirely about the chaos of owning and working in a restaurant but later in season 1 (and into season 2 the personal drama kicks in. It’s an outstanding series. Slight wokeness at times but tolerable IMO.
I got the same exhausted feeling when watching the first episode. Never went back to watch another one...but maybe I'll give it a chance.

Maddox, you are a man of good taste.

First, you introduced RVF/CIK readers to the excellent PsychHacks YouTube channel. I've watched at least 100 of his short clips by now.

Second, you reviewed 1883 and detailed your opinions. Short one-liner reviews reveal little about the reasons why someone liked or disliked a show. Whereas you put some effort into explaining the nuances behind your opinion.

Likewise I'm looking forward to watching 1923 with the wife.

Many modern day shows reflect our convenience and comforts, whereas historical tales help to remind us of the incredible journeys undertaken by those that came before us, giving us pause to reflect and be grateful for what we have.

Good day to you Sir!

See Ya Goodbye GIF by GritTV

I finished with season 1 of 1923 and I'm pleasantly pleased with what I got for entertainment.

First of all, there is less propaganda in this series than there was in 1883. There are some harrowing scenes of Indian torture involving the authorities at a Catholic boarding school. But other than that, I did not spot any feminism being pushed to the viewer, nor mixed-race couples appearing in a time where this would be met with more than a raised eyebrow.

It was interesting to see Harrison Ford in this type of role, but he plays a rancher quite well. Even more impressive is Helen Mirren who plays his wife. But maybe the most impressive presence onscreen comes from Brandon Sklynar, the Dutton who wants nothing to do with the ranch and has gone from WWI soldier to a big-game hunter in Africa.

And that brings me to the scope of this series. Unlike 1883 where things just happen on the Oregon trail, 1923 has 3 different stories going on at the same time. In addition to the range war happening on the Montana ranch, there is also the story of an Indian girl in a boarding school nearby. I'm still not sure how this ties in with the main story, but the storyline is interesting nonetheless, albeit hard to watch at times because of the physical abuse in these scenes.

Then there is Spencer Dutton, the big-game hunter previously mentioned. It's maybe the most fascinating of all the storylines and it really gives the series a sense of epic scope since we travel across the world to meet him. The actor who plays him has a charismatic presence onscreen and does a good job with his character. Plus, we are treated to this African safari to watch how this man operates along with a chance encounter with a woman who will change his life.

While the 10 episodes we are given doesn't yet wrap up the series, it's got me looking forward to season 2. While I really liked 1883, I think I like 1923 even more. So far, an 8.5/10

Back