The TV Shows Thread

Has anyone here seen The Boys? I recently finished season 4, I was temporarily hooked on the show due to the premise: what if superheroes were corporate entertainment goons and superman wasn't a good person? I found the way they portrayed Vought (the superhero company) and then balanced it with pure PR propaganda good insight into how things are really done. The show is also a representation of how the left views the right and psychologically projects their worst passions on rightwingers. The worst part of the show is the gore, they go over the top with it, but I don't expect anything else from a Jewish-directed, atheist-written production. I am mostly interested in the show for how they deal with the superman character, how they solve that problem, everything else is incidental.

The struggle is weaved into the show I think, it can't escape.
The ending to me was consistent with how the restaurant operated. Keep putting everything on the back burner and deal with it as it comes.

But I think you're right in the fact it did "let them off" in a way, but still surprising ending and enjoyable. Almost like they had to find the diamonds in place where they least expected, or sifting through s**t from the past.

No spoilers here but the second season is a positive character arc for most of the characters, which really stood out for me against the woke, demonic nonsense of other TV shows in comparison, which kept me watching. It's good TV and something very different.

Though there is definitely an episode which is very hard to watch - heavy drama that might make you tune out the same way the "bathtub episode" in Breaking Bad made me reconsider continuing on with the series. You'll know it when you see it.
A couple of the characters in The Bear are really annoying, especially Ritchie. In every scene he's in, he yells at someone for no good reason. Really gets on my nerves. And then when his tubby friend shows up, they start yelling at each other. It's really turning me off the show. If I have to listen to this douchebag scream on and on every episode, I think I'm going to find a new show to watch.

A couple of the characters in The Bear are really annoying, especially Ritchie. In every scene he's in, he yells at someone for no good reason. Really gets on my nerves. And then when his tubby friend shows up, they start yelling at each other. It's really turning me off the show. If I have to listen to this douchebag scream on and on every episode, I think I'm going to find a new show to watch.

The two cousins play a kind of bumbling clownish side story to the plot which I think releases some of the tension or seriousness of the show and reminds us that you're stuck with family, if you like them or not. Though at times it's too much and doesn't really fit.

As for Richie, what season are you watching? He's certainly obnoxious and hard to take, but as the show goes on you can see an endearing side to his character. I think he's needed, like an annoying older brother.

I wonder if you've got to the family dinner flashback scene / episode yet? Because that one is a hard watch and might just make you stop watching. I wouldn't blame you either.

Fun fact, Richie is played by Ebon Moss-Bachrach.

The two cousins play a kind of bumbling clownish side story to the plot which I think releases some of the tension or seriousness of the show and reminds us that you're stuck with family, if you like them or not. Though at times it's too much and doesn't really fit.

As for Richie, what season are you watching? He's certainly obnoxious and hard to take, but as the show goes on you can see an endearing side to his character. I think he's needed, like an annoying older brother.

I wonder if you've got to the family dinner flashback scene / episode yet? Because that one is a hard watch and might just make you stop watching. I wouldn't blame you either.
Is that the Christmas episode, "Feast of 7 Fishes?" If so, then yes, after listening to those people scream at each other for a chaotic 10 minutes, I turned it off and watched something else.

I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a TV show before.

Is that the Christmas episode, "Feast of 7 Fishes?" If so, then yes, after listening to those people scream at each other for a chaotic 10 minutes, I turned it off and watched something else.

I've never had such a love/hate relationship with a TV show before.

Yeah that's the one.

It's largely too much to handle. I did not enjoy this episode at all, it became ridiculously chaotic - but at the same time watched it through completely because I was so engaged with each character.

Reminds me of Season 1 Breaking Bad with the bathtub episode. Constantly hooking you in with great writing and characters but at the same time pushing boundaries with the viewer and storytelling.

HBO just came out with a two part documentary on The Sopranos. It is very good, anybody who liked the show should be interested. Much of David Chase's life was breathed into the show's story.
Thanks for mentioning this. I’ve started a “The Sopranos” thread here on the forum. I had been meaning to for awhile, but with today being 9/11 I thought it was worth mentioning given how the series was affected by it and dealt with it.

Back