• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The TV Shows Thread

I finished with season 1 of 1923 and I'm pleasantly pleased with what I got for entertainment.

First of all, there is less propaganda in this series than there was in 1883. There are some harrowing scenes of Indian torture involving the authorities at a Catholic boarding school. But other than that, I did not spot any feminism being pushed to the viewer, nor mixed-race couples appearing in a time where this would be met with more than a raised eyebrow.

It was interesting to see Harrison Ford in this type of role, but he plays a rancher quite well. Even more impressive is Helen Mirren who plays his wife. But maybe the most impressive presence onscreen comes from Brandon Sklynar, the Dutton who wants nothing to do with the ranch and has gone from WWI soldier to a big-game hunter in Africa.

And that brings me to the scope of this series. Unlike 1883 where things just happen on the Oregon trail, 1923 has 3 different stories going on at the same time. In addition to the range war happening on the Montana ranch, there is also the story of an Indian girl in a boarding school nearby. I'm still not sure how this ties in with the main story, but the storyline is interesting nonetheless, albeit hard to watch at times because of the physical abuse in these scenes.

Then there is Spencer Dutton, the big-game hunter previously mentioned. It's maybe the most fascinating of all the storylines and it really gives the series a sense of epic scope since we travel across the world to meet him. The actor who plays him has a charismatic presence onscreen and does a good job with his character. Plus, we are treated to this African safari to watch how this man operates along with a chance encounter with a woman who will change his life.

While the 10 episodes we are given doesn't yet wrap up the series, it's got me looking forward to season 2. While I really liked 1883, I think I like 1923 even more. So far, an 8.5/10
Season 2 I’m sure Spencer makes his way back to Montana and kicks some major behind. Can’t wait.

I enjoyed Netflix's three part docuseries, Trainwreck, about Woodstock 99. The tone is split between talking about how "bad" it was, while attendees look back at how it was the time of their lives. While it was a sh*tshow, quite literally, festivalgoers also felt the most freedom (to be hedonistic, but still) they've ever had. The juxtaposition is interesting. I liked how they showed how the bands played their part in trying to keep the festival alive while also contributing to its demise (Limp Bizkit, Korn and RHCP mostly).

The final episode in particular discusses the sexual assaults that occurred. While i'm sure there were plenty of legitimate cases, they talk about how most were from girls crowdsurfing and getting groped. The event organizer (who we are supposed to hate) says, while he wouldn't want any woman to get groped, what do they expect when crowdsurfing topless? You know, I will take it a step further here: if the definition of sexual assault is physical contact without consent, these girls committed COUNTLESS crimes against the very men that they accused. They literally place their bodies on top of these men, putting their butts and legs on their hands and heads. Did they all consent to this? How many tens of thousands of women can we charge with sexually assaulting concertgoers?

About halfway through Dopesick. It's a miniseries drama, eight 1hr episodes, and entirely based around Purdue Pharma and the Oxycontin scandel. Really solid show, has a great cast including Michael Keaton and Peter Sarsgaard. There are a few other shows/docs about Big Pharma's insidiousousness that seem to be coming out recently. I find it amazing that despite all the hatred people have towards Big Pharma, people were still duped about the Covid vacccines. It's especially insane considering the liberals/left was always outspoken against Big Pharma. Shows how shallow and cowardly people really are. I wonder how many decades it'll be before a mainstream show/doc comes out about the Covid vaccines.

If you like animation, Invincible is a great one. Story and voice acting are amazing. There is some woke inserted (gay character, black girlfriend, girl-power) but it’s not annoying.

I watched 3 Body Problem on Netflix, hoping for a good sci-fi, but I was disappointed. It's slow and its post-White. The one white male is a Dubliner, so an Irish-Catholic, who seem to have a connection with the Jews. Of course, the two Jews who produced Game of Thrones were producers for this show. I mean, Cixin Liu, whose books I have not read, is also part of the post-White generation being boosted in the West, so it would be ridiculous for me to assume he would create a bunch of Anglo-Saxon characters. But that's just the case, we are already in the post-White West, or at least what would be assumed as the probable look of the West as it continues to diversify. Diversity used to be nothing more than including more extras or inserting a token character here and there, but it is now fully functioning foreign film within the West. It is the scoured shire that these films take place in, but there are no heroes returning to set things right, with the exception of the return of Jesus.

I watched 3 Body Problem on Netflix, hoping for a good sci-fi, but I was disappointed. It's slow and its post-White. The one white male is a Dubliner, so an Irish-Catholic, who seem to have a connection with the Jews. Of course, the two Jews who produced Game of Thrones were producers for this show. I mean, Cixin Liu, whose books I have not read, is also part of the post-White generation being boosted in the West, so it would be ridiculous for me to assume he would create a bunch of Anglo-Saxon characters. But that's just the case, we are already in the post-White West, or at least what would be assumed as the probable look of the West as it continues to diversify. Diversity used to be nothing more than including more extras or inserting a token character here and there, but it is now fully functioning foreign film within the West. It is the scoured shire that these films take place in, but there are no heroes returning to set things right, with the exception of the return of Jesus.
I'm sure the books are much better. I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Watched three episodes of the new Fallout series on Prime. So far, it's just not very good. It tries very hard to incorporate the game's humor and at every turn has fallen flat. The acting is across the board mediocre. I guess the cowboy is decent. The writing is bad, the direction unfocused, and it too often feels ripped off from better shows and films.
On the plus side, it looks good, and it's marginally fun just to see the Fallout universe played out on screen - the eccentric characters, mutated creatures, etc.

So far, it gets a 4/10, being generous. I may continue to watch because from the reviews I've seen, the second half is apparently a lot better. It would have to be to elevate itself into anything close to being worthy of recommending.

Watched three episodes of the new Fallout series on Prime. So far, it's just not very good. It tries very hard to incorporate the game's humor and at every turn has fallen flat. The acting is across the board mediocre. I guess the cowboy is decent. The writing is bad, the direction unfocused, and it too often feels ripped off from better shows and films.
On the plus side, it looks good, and it's marginally fun just to see the Fallout universe played out on screen - the eccentric characters, mutated creatures, etc.

So far, it gets a 4/10, being generous. I may continue to watch because from the reviews I've seen, the second half is apparently a lot better. It would have to be to elevate itself into anything close to being worthy of recommending.

I watched the first two episodes with a friend last night.

To be honest, I find it actually difficult to really assess what I think of it. I was so utterly floored that it wasn’t complete garbage that I had a hard time viewing it objectively I think. I naturally assumed that it would be some kind of cynical “eff-you” to the fans and as a result anything above that low bar is elevated into the stratosphere on a wave of “whoa this isn’t the worst thing ever?” Euphoria.

As soon as the main character didn’t effortlessly defeat all the Raiders single-handedly, but was actually overpowered with ease by her male opponent, the quality of her character was elevated in my mind. I was also astonished that her childhood spent in a Vault had actually impacted her character and the way she approached others and the world, what is this? Is this an attempt at writing an actual character? In the artistic desert of banal, woke nonsense written by ideologically-possessed graduates with no life experience; even a bead of salty sweat on a camel’s nutsack can seem like an oasis.

I think this is a trend we will be seeing, the pushback against woke Disney and other companies will result in any mediocre show not full of woke political messages and moral degeneracy will get rave reviews even from those on the right.

I would give it a 5/10 tbh. I actually thought to myself “I don’t mind watching more” after the first episode, and I can’t remember the last time I thought that about anything.

To be honest, I find it actually difficult to really assess what I think of it. I was so utterly floored that it wasn’t complete garbage that I had a hard time viewing it objectively I think. I naturally assumed that it would be some kind of cynical “eff-you” to the fans and as a result anything above that low bar is elevated into the stratosphere on a wave of “whoa this isn’t the worst thing ever?” Euphoria.

As soon as the main character didn’t effortlessly defeat all the Raiders single-handedly, but was actually overpowered with ease by her male opponent, the quality of her character was elevated in my mind. I was also astonished that her childhood spent in a Vault had actually impacted her character and the way she approached others and the world, what is this? Is this an attempt at writing an actual character? In the artistic desert of banal, woke nonsense written by ideologically-possessed graduates with no life experience; even a bead of salty sweat on a camel’s nutsack can seem like an oasis.

I think this is a trend we will be seeing, the pushback against woke Disney and other companies will result in any mediocre show not full of woke political messages and moral degeneracy will get rave reviews even from those on the right.

I would give it a 5/10 tbh. I actually thought to myself “I don’t mind watching more” after the first episode, and I can’t remember the last time I thought that about anything.
This is the faintest praise I've ever seen.
even a bead of salty sweat on a camel’s nutsack can seem like an oasis.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Been in the mood to watch a series. Just can't find something. The Wire is at the top of my list of what I should watch but I haven't got around to it yet. Even been thinking about giving House m.d another rewatch.

Last edited:

I’ve watched 3 episodes of Fallout. It’s fairly entertaining so far, still keeping my attention for now. Nothing great just ok.

I’m watching Suits.

You have likable characters but it becomes boring fast. Always the same scenes and comes back.

I’ve watched 3 episodes of Fallout. It’s fairly entertaining so far, still keeping my attention for now. Nothing great just ok.
I think it's pretty good so far, good writing, good characters. But the set design is great, things look real and not too CGI. The power armour looks hefty.

Plus it is staying faithful to the games lore, while being accessible to people who don't know the games.

I'm really liking Shogun as well at the moment.

And I've just started a Japanese show that has promise - House of Ninjas.

Highly recommend The Bear.

It's essentially a show about a young chef taking over a family restaurant but is so much more than that. The pursuit of perfection, the meaning of family, humility, addiction, and what it means to work hard.
Excellent acting, really great characters and very fast paced so as a viewer you're always engaged.

It's also quite unique in a couple ways.

1. First TV show for me that I can remember that uses a soundtrack like a good friend has passed on a mix tape. 90's alternative music fits the style of the show.

2. In the second season the thing I like the most is how each character has such an endearing arc it's positive and hopeful TV despite how "gritty" Chicago it tries to be. Full credit to the writers for making viewers want each character to overcome and triumph. It's not woke B.S, in fact, it really goes the other way entirely like a 90's TV show would.

Been in the mood to watch a series. Just can't find something. The Wire is at the top of my list of what I should watch but I haven't got around to it yet. Even been thinking about giving House m.d another rewatch.

Have you seen The Wire before?

Definitely a superb TV show, right up there as one of the best. I need to go back and watch that again.

Last night for some reason I wondered if Sarah Jessica Parker was Jewish because of how people made fun of her long face (Southpark). Anyway, she is, and growing up I simply never thought of her as that. Then I decided I'd look into the creators and producers of several shows. Turns out Sex and the City was created and produced by a Jew. This same guy and another Jew, Tori Spelling's dad, produced 90210, Melrose Place, and 7th Heaven (A jewish production company in control of a show about a reverand?).

I remember those shows being considered degenerate and it all makes sense why. Who knows how many Gen X and millennials were influenced by them and subtly brought over to secular values undermining their Christianhood. Sort of like Seinfeld normalizing sleeping around and being degenerate, and I got a lot of my humor from that show. Same thing with The Simpsons, with one of the major producers being jewish, the other agnostic.

I think seeing their claws in every major piece of culture from my past turned me off to most shows. It confused my value system especially since my family wasn't strongly Christian in my youth.

Back