The Rest In Peace (RIP) Thread

GS5d_LsWMAAeX9G

Apparently this character (and I say that in the most complimentary way) has passed away:

View attachment 11167

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Rip Pour One Out GIF

See here for more on his background:

This post is about the tale of Mr Democracy Manifest. His story is a standard part of my anthropological curriculum, designed to help people understand the true history of Australia.

Here is the 1-minute video lesson:

• "Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest"
  • "What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal?"
  • "Get your hand off my p3nis! This is the bloke who got me on the p3nis pee-puul"
  • "Ah yes, I see that you know your judo well"
These are the words of a timeless legend.

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Real recognise real:

Indeed, his rebellious spirit kept me going through the dark days of Australian lockdowns, as I moved in the shadows, evading detection from police helicopters just for a chance to taste that soft, succulent stir fry from the local Golden Palace.

After many years of fruitless searching and speculation over his real identity, Mr Democracy Manifest finally emerged from the shadows (daily mail story). He opened up to the world, and I took my chance to meet the man himself.

Me and the boys at his meet and greet:

He even has merch now:

Very Funny Reaction GIF

This concludes today's lesson on Australian history.

P.S. Bonus video - Chris Delia's reaction:
"Ahhh, so Australian... speaking in rewind. Sit down inside the cahhh" 😆

YouTube firearms character Paul Harrell passed on 3rd September.

I always enjoyed his low key delivery, common sense and encyclopedic knowledge, all tinged with his dry humour.

RIP

https://oldgloryclub.substack.com/p/hes-dead-remembering-paul-harrell?triedRedirect=true

Being a Canadian in a nation of very restrictive firearms laws, I lived vicariously through him and Hickok45. I loved his meat target ballistic tests and his...Shatneresque...pauses. As for his hydrostatic tests, suffice to say, I don't know if the Shasta soft drink company can financially survive his passing. I mean, the man bought enough Shasta orange soda to give the whole Great State of Oregon the diabeetus :LOL:

Back