The Movie Thread

Just heard about Jordan Peele making a game with Hideo Kojima. His movies are hilariously bad. I watched one of them at the end of high school days, and the only purpose it served was watching E;R's video on it where he just complains about the movie and me going "WAIT THAT'S THE ONE I WATCHED!".

Peele unapologetically hates white people, and his movies almost always are either 99% black casts or 1% white villains. Not to mention that they're horrible.
The movie I talked about earlier in particular is entirely compromised of metaphors and symbolism, as he says in the video. I kind of feel bad for the people I heard saying they spent hours analyzing the plot and deep meaning of the movie ("muh we are Americans"), but they probably had more fun with that than I did laughing at the movie.

That film was rubbish, but the scene were the wounded woman shouts for the Alexa knock off home system to call the police, and it says "Playing, NWA's Fuck Da Police" got a laugh out of me.

Just saw “It’s a Wonderful Life” for the first time and thought it was great. Now we’re partway through “The Bishop’s Wife,” which is supposed to be wholesome and Christian, but Cary Grant’s character thus far makes me wonder if there’s a twist where he turns out to be the devil or something. Why would an angel come in the form of a tall, good-looking alpha male who charms all the women around him and takes married women out on dates to their favorite restaurant? Seems very weird to me.

Just saw “It’s a Wonderful Life” for the first time and thought it was great. Now we’re partway through “The Bishop’s Wife,” which is supposed to be wholesome and Christian, but Cary Grant’s character thus far makes me wonder if there’s a twist where he turns out to be the devil or something. Why would an angel come in the form of a tall, good-looking alpha male who charms all the women around him and takes married women out on dates to their favorite restaurant? Seems very weird to me.
Cary Grant himself wanted the Bishop role but had to be convinced he wouldn't be right for the part.

Gave Sicario a chance after remembering a great edit of the border scene. Got bored along the way. Not sure why they decided to spend so much time on the boring woman and black man getting into the job.
That border scene is really good though.

Gave Sicario a chance after remembering a great edit of the border scene. Got bored along the way. Not sure why they decided to spend so much time on the boring woman and black man getting into the job.
That border scene is really good though.

I watched it when I heard that the director would be doing the sequel to Blade Runner. I thought it was stylishly made and well-acted but I can't remember what that movie was about. It meandered to say the least.

I just finished Ambulance. A movie I never really planned on watching but it was on sale as a cheap rental on one of the apps. It was off the charts with "the message" and the woke. Every white guy was bad or bumbling. The women were strong confident girl bosses who were also extremely vulgar and foul mouthed. The lead investigator is gay and introduced into the movie with a scene of him and his husband in counseling. Touched on it already but all the real hero's and morally just characters are "POC's." Can't say that I am surprised from a modern Hellywood movie. However..... in rare form I still enjoyed the movie for what it was. Usually I avoid the woke media from the start or once I start watching and notice the woke I turn it off. Ambulance though, was a big shiny explosion ( Michael Bay movie) that was mind numbing enough to stick with. The action scenes were great, some were a bit fake with the CGI but for the most part it was well done. Some very cinematic moments which I notice I appreciate more the older I get.

If you can deal with all "the message" and just want to see some cool car chases and over the top action..... Enter at your own risk (I can't in good faith say I recommend this movie)

I just finished Ambulance. A movie I never really planned on watching but it was on sale as a cheap rental on one of the apps. It was off the charts with "the message" and the woke. Every white guy was bad or bumbling. The women were strong confident girl bosses who were also extremely vulgar and foul mouthed. The lead investigator is gay and introduced into the movie with a scene of him and his husband in counseling. Touched on it already but all the real hero's and morally just characters are "POC's." Can't say that I am surprised from a modern Hellywood movie. However..... in rare form I still enjoyed the movie for what it was. Usually I avoid the woke media from the start or once I start watching and notice the woke I turn it off. Ambulance though, was a big shiny explosion ( Michael Bay movie) that was mind numbing enough to stick with. The action scenes were great, some were a bit fake with the CGI but for the most part it was well done. Some very cinematic moments which I notice I appreciate more the older I get.

If you can deal with all "the message" and just want to see some cool car chases and over the top action..... Enter at your own risk (I can't in good faith say I recommend this movie)

I'm sorry to hear you paid for it.

I think the last time I watched a movie that was somewhat realistic was "Drive" where the white guy is the hero and the Jews were the bad guys.

I'm sorry to hear you paid for it.

I think the last time I watched a movie that was somewhat realistic was "Drive" where the white guy is the hero and the Jews were the bad guys.
I really enjoyed Drive as well. The cinematography is excellent. That director, Nicholas Winding Refn, has a few good slow-burn movies even though they are quite strange.

His Pusher trilogy from Denmark also shows various immigrant groups as unsavory criminal types. In The Neon Demon, he shows how the fashion and entertainment industry in LA corrupts beautiful young women. It's a strong criticism of the narcissism and envy promoted by that culture which darkens their souls.

I really enjoyed Drive as well. The cinematography is excellent. That director, Nicholas Winding Refn, has a few good slow-burn movies even though they are quite strange.

His Pusher trilogy from Denmark also shows various immigrant groups as unsavory criminal types. In The Neon Demon, he shows how the fashion and entertainment industry in LA corrupts beautiful young women. It's a strong criticism of the narcissism and envy promoted by that culture which darkens their souls.
I kind of wanted to post about Drive here. I watched it twice last year. The action is pretty good, and a lot of the interactions aren't bad. Big fan of the "part where it gets good" (bank... store... place thing? Robbery and further shootings), the scene where driver looks at the joo at the window having fun while he's just buried in crime trying to save a random woman, and the great ending. Pretty gory for me though.
The libbed part is there. I hate when movies have a white blond blue eyed guy save some swarthy Honduran kid he doesn't know (this happened in Sound of Freedom, which I never got to say that sucked).

I wonder how the individual by the name of the predatory order of arachnids feels about it, since I remember him posting on the last movie thread that he doesn't like movies much, while having a profile picture of it.
Talking about @scorpion of course. I don't really want to bother the guy but then again, it's an internet forum website, how crazy of a bother is a mention about something you don't seem to like.

I kind of wanted to post about Drive here. I watched it twice last year. The action is pretty good, and a lot of the interactions aren't bad. Big fan of the "part where it gets good" (bank... store... place thing? Robbery and further shootings), the scene where driver looks at the joo at the window having fun while he's just buried in crime trying to save a random woman, and the great ending. Pretty gory for me though.
The libbed part is there. I hate when movies have a white blond blue eyed guy save some swarthy Honduran kid he doesn't know (this happened in Sound of Freedom, which I never got to say that sucked).

I wonder how the individual by the name of the predatory order of arachnids feels about it, since I remember him posting on the last movie thread that he doesn't like movies much, while having a profile picture of it.
Talking about @scorpion of course. I don't really want to bother the guy but then again, it's an internet forum website, how crazy of a bother is a mention about something you don't seem to like.

It's pretty obvious to me that was the only way Danish man Winding Refn got to release that film in the first place, i.e have a blonde man save a blonde woman from her kid being abused by her less than racially clean husband. If you watch his "Pusher" trilogy you"ll know he actually made a good twist about that whole relationship in 'Drive'.

I like Drive, it's definitely very well done. As for the avatar, I just thought it matched my username and have stuck with it over the years, since people come to associate your avatar and your posts.

Speaking of movies with strong and confident women, I came across this women's empowerment gem from 1979. It's called Angel's Revenge or Angel's Brigade or Seven From Heaven. The one positive to this horrendous movie which should never have been made, is that it shows female empowerment in the way it should be shown - ludicrous, lame, hysterical and completely unrealistic.

Here's the plot summary: Six sexy women and a teenage girl devastate a right-wing militia before doing battle with ruthless drug pushers. These vigilantes use a high-tech combat van in an all-out war to eradicate the evils infesting their city.

What's amazing is that they were able to rope some famous actors into this pitiful project, apparently toward the end of their careers - Jack Palance, Peter Lawford, Jim Backus and Alan Hale Jr.

Please don't watch this movie but enjoy the short trailer.

It's pretty obvious to me that was the only way Danish man Winding Refn got to release that film in the first place, i.e have a blonde man save a blonde woman from her kid being abused by her less than racially clean husband. If you watch his "Pusher" trilogy you"ll know he actually made a good twist about that whole relationship in 'Drive'.
You definitely have to skirt around ESG. Not sure if it was the best or worst choice in the predicament, but it isn't much of a bother in the movie. Just something that gets mentioned a few times.

Refn is great. His movies can feel bizarre and weird. I'm not sure I even got anything from "Only God Forgives" to this day. I think that movie was just an excuse so he could go to Thailand, but it wasn't even boring.

I like Drive, it's definitely very well done. As for the avatar, I just thought it matched my username and have stuck with it over the years, since people come to associate your avatar and your posts.
Do you still like movies? You were pretty critical of them last thread.

I have no issues with movies per se, just the practice of watching movies and TV shows habitually as a form of escapism (which is very common these days). I just think it's a waste of time, especially since the quality of filmmaking has tanked to such abysmal levels over the past two decades and become so politicized. If you watch more than a few hours of film/TV a week, you're very quickly going to get to the point where you're forced to consume low-quality content and intentionally subject yourself to brainwashing, or else begin recycling through the same limited pool of worthwhile media over and over. And either way, what's the point in that case? Do something more productive with your time.

I have no issues with movies per se, just the practice of watching movies and TV shows habitually as a form of escapism (which is very common these days). I just think it's a waste of time, especially since the quality of filmmaking has tanked to such abysmal levels over the past two decades and become so politicized. If you watch more than a few hours of film/TV a week, you're very quickly going to get to the point where you're forced to consume low-quality content and intentionally subject yourself to brainwashing, or else begin recycling through the same limited pool of worthwhile media over and over. And either way, what's the point in that case? Do something more productive with your time.
The main thing is balance. God didn't create you to go on a Breaking Bad marathon every month, but He also didn't make you to be a time management maxxing wagecuck 24/7 to fund Israeli taxes (not accusing you of this, obviously).

I'd recommend to anyone to look into how they spend both their free time and "work" time. I'm free a lot of the time, but I used to do things even I consider a waste of time that I didn't enjoy. Mainly goytube. You also have to look into if you're turning free time into work time, or vice versa.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 comes to mind.

I watched 'Nefarious' after seeing it mentioned quite often.

The basic premise is that a psychologist is to see if a serial killer can be signed off as sane for execution.
Nefarious (2023) has easily the best acting I've seen in a decade, possibly two.
The lead character's performance is a bit like mixing Sir Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter and Edward Norton's performance in Primal Fear.

It is the year 2023, and most good writers have retired, so I don't expect good writing or a good plot unless the story is a true story or a remake, and yes, there were some plot points that didn't make much sense, but overall probably the best film I've seen since Old Henry (still cannot believe this one was made in 2021 and had zero females) or True Grit.

Most films bore me in the first 5 minutes. Their pacing is just poor, the characters are annoying or fake, dialogue is bad, and the acting is not particularly strong. This one locks you in immediately, and if you enjoyed the old Damien / Omen type movies or The Devil's Advocate (remember "I'm a FAN OF MAN!") then you will like this. I haven't seen the ending yet but even if they do the stupid "plot twist at 1H30" nonsense that every post-2000 film has, the excellent first half more than makes up for it. It also manages to be morally consistent, opposing both abortion and the death penalty.

If anyone watches, I would enjoy discussing some of the film privately (no public spoilers).

Last edited:
it's a waste of time, especially since the quality of filmmaking has tanked to such abysmal levels over the past two decades
I rarely watch anything made post-2000.
If you thought films from 3 years ago were bad, this is the current state of entertainment media in Weimerica:

The year's most impactful nudity in film

lol

From J. Law's confrontation to Barry Keoghan's triumph, numerous movies in 2023 revealed they had skin in the game​

Curiously, there seems to be an uptick in onscreen nudity recently, particularly full-frontal nudity in films this year.
it seems as if talent is taking any and every opportunity to expose their assets
There was a shocking amount of nudity on screens this year, and while some of the scenes were celebratory or sensual, many seemed to be designed for mere shock value.
They then profile 15 films, and all but 2.5 of them (one I give half a point as it's a male and female couple with both appearing nude) are either gay or male nudity (one is actually black trans sex worker nudity, however you want to categorize that).

Even the female nudity in those 2.5 films is not the kind that would appeal to straight teenage boy me. Instead it's stuff like this:

when a trio of jokers try to steal their clothes, the naked Jennifer Lawrence (Maddie) beats up the thieves and suffers a punch to her crotch in the process. The nudity here goes for comedic effect not gross-out

In this hilarious and crude comedy, Kat (Stephanie Hsu) is rumored to have a tattoo on her vagina. When a wardrobe malfunction occurs during a particularly inspired impromptu, airport rendition of “WAP,” Kat’s tat is revealed. The camera closes in on it, and it can never be unseen. Kat exclaims, “My vagina is the devil, and she’s here to stay!”

Those were the only two "straight female nude films" in the list. Yikes.
I remember sneaking into an R rated theater to catch a glimpse of a breast in Brahm Stoker's Dracula as a kid but this is just gross.
And yeah all the others are penises.

Brother Sun Sister Moon by Franco Zeffirelli. This one might not be for everyone but it's one of my favorites. Soundtrack by Donovan. The movie is loosely based on St. Francis of Assisi. Great on location cinematography, and stylistically it just transports me back in time. I find this movie inspirational and I watch it every two or three years.

You definitely have to skirt around ESG. Not sure if it was the best or worst choice in the predicament, but it isn't much of a bother in the movie. Just something that gets mentioned a few times.

Refn is great. His movies can feel bizarre and weird. I'm not sure I even got anything from "Only God Forgives" to this day. I think that movie was just an excuse so he could go to Thailand, but it wasn't even boring.

That reminded me of the soundtrack to Stranger Things.

Last edited:
Nefarious (2023) I haven't seen the ending yet but even if they do the stupid "plot twist at 1H30" nonsense that every post-2000 film has, the excellent first half more than makes up for it.
Wow the ending of this film was so stupid and childish I almost feel embarrassed at my compliments above. But I still say the first half has the best acting I've seen in many many years.

The ending totally unravelled the motivations for the characters to make any of the choices they did in the earlier tense parts of the film and made the demon entity just seem weak and silly. It was like if you gave this awesome script to an atheist millennial and asked them, "What can you do to the ending to make this movie completely stupid and trivial and farcical and destroy the underlying Christian message."

They *literally had the obese cringey zionist brietbart boomer Glenn Beck* interview the psychologist in the final scene.

Earlier in the film the psychologist gives the demon (who is possessing the convicted murderers body), irrevokable permission to take control of him (because he is an atheist and doesn't believe in demons). Then, inexplicitly at the execution, the demon doesn't enter his body after all. It even asks him for permission again, (as if it needs permisison twice or something silly). Then it is revealed in the super cringe interview with Glenn Beck that oh yeah the demon did temporarily inhabit my body but then he left tho and he didn't make me do anything evil i guess it was just kinda crazy huh? haha isnt that cute

This is why it's just not worth it to watch movies made post 2000.

But I'll be on the lookout for anything the lead actor Sean Patrick Flanery does, as his work was stellar.

Last edited:
Back