• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The Fat People Thread

Batman

Heritage
I think it's worth discussing the less obvious points of the "obesity" epidemic. Most people's knee jerk to this is thinking Huh? Wait, more people are becoming obese? It doesn't seem like it's an epidemic.

That's just it - it's not the case that a significantly higher percentage of the population is becoming obese (although, there are certainly more obese people than ever, especially children). What's going on in actuality is that everyone is getting fatter and shifting the bell curve. People consider a 5'10, 200lb man (who doesn't lift) to be perfectly normal, but if he approaches his normal, healthy weight range (140-160 or so) it's more likely that, if anything, he'll be shamed for being "too skinny". The common societal perception of "skinny" is generally closer to the ideal weight, especially in the deep south where the thin shaming is more prevelant. And now people believe that it's healthier to be overweight than underweight, and this is rarely the case, especially if the nutrient profile in their diets are otherwise equal.

The strongest visible indicators of health include waist size (most men should have a waist size at 32>), body fat percentage (under 18% or so), and the amount of subcutaneous/visceral fat you have around your torso. Forget the weights on a scale, you can already tell if you or someone you know is unhealthy just by these markers. In fact, you probably don't even need to see their body, you can see it in their face!

Look around you, your family, friends, coworkers - Look at their faces: inflammed, bloated, pasty. Then of course, throw on the man boobs, flabby gut, flat butts (no joke, what's more worthless than being overweight AND having weak glutes/legs). These people aren't just overweight, but metabolically unhealthy and weak. Once you notice this, you won't be able to unsee it.

Personally I think we need to shift the discussion away from obese people and start shaming the overweight people too. In some ways the overweight people are just as bad. Whereas the obese people likely have trauma/mental illness and use food as a coping mechanism, most overweight people seem to think this is normal for them to look like this. It's not normal, it's not healthy, and these people are contributing to the obesity/health epidemic just as much if not more than obese people.

If anyone on this forum fits into this description, I don't mean to offend or belittle you. I myself need to lose about 25 lbs that I hope to lose by the end of the year. But literally no one in my entire life will point out that I need to lose weight because it's almost laughable to even consider that a 6' 185lb man's ideal weight is more like 150, 160 lbs (depending on lean muscle mass). We need to recognize this and encourage others that they probably aren't as healthy as they think. One last point - for other gym goers, recognize that it's better to be leaner and less strong than stronger and fatter. It's never worth gaining additional strength/muscle mass if it comes with more fat. You can gain muscle mass/strength with very little fat gained, but it takes a lot more time and discipline.

Last edited:
Interesting point about shifting the bell curve; the cultural touchstone I always refer to is that at the time of his death, Elvis was mocked for being grossly obese, clocking in at 260lbs. That's probably the median for large swaths of Walmart America today.

The curious thing is that it is not broadly spoken about: is it recognized, but people are afraid to address the matter? Or like fish who aren't aware they are surrounded by water, nobody has noticed, everyone has forgotten?

Interesting point about shifting the bell curve; the cultural touchstone I always refer to is that at the time of his death, Elvis was mocked for being grossly obese, clocking in at 260lbs. That's probably the median for large swaths of Walmart America today.

The curious thing is that it is not broadly spoken about: is it recognized, but people are afraid to address the matter? Or like fish who aren't aware they are surrounded by water, nobody has noticed, everyone has forgotten?
I'm sure there are many "cosmetically overweight" people who recognize they have a problem, though I suspect they're less concerned about health and more about appearance which is understandable.

It seems like most people think "Dad bods" for instance are completely normal and acceptable. Why should they be? If anything, being 30+ and having kids should incentivize you to be even more fit and healthy so you have more energy to take care of them and pass the habits along to them. Even without kids, it seems like most men over 30 start to become overweight and unhealthy, it's like they've completely given up on their health instead of recognizing the need to change their habits now before it's too late.

Overall I don't think it's an elephant in the room, I think we've reached the point where being overweight/chubby has become so pervasive and common that's it's not even seen as a problem. For instance if you asked 100 people on the street what is a healthy weight for a 5'9 lb man I'd wager most would guess somewhere around 190 or so at minimum, when that's already fairly overweight unless they have a lot of muscle mass. That makes up the bulk of the problem, it's almost like it's hiding in plain sight.

I think what actually happens is most people gain weight very very slowly once they're 25+, and over the course of a few decades and it creeps up on them and they never learned anything about proper diet and one day they realize they're 50lbs heavier than they should be and don't even know why so they chalk it up to "metabolism" and don't even try.

Last edited:
How do you guys go about talking to a morbidly obese family member about their weight?

One of my siblings is now 300lbs+ on a 5'3" frame. Her husband has also packed on about 50 lbs. Two of the three kids, all under 10 are chunky. The youngest who is 4 has a gut. My wife brought up the point if this family member who is the youngest of my siblings has an unfortunate serious or fatal issue due to her weight like a heart attack, the family will look to use to help support her kids. Which with all due respect I want no part of as we keep the flexibility to move to EE is the situation dictates it.

Their whole life revolves around food. Now she added adderall to her daily regime....as if a daily dosage of amphetamine is gonna help. Also triple jabbed.

Would you even bring it up?

I was a strength and conditioning coach years ago and helped many obese clients. But at the least they all had acknowledged the problem and came into the gym before I even met them. Part of me says in life you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

In general I have low tolerance for people who are extremely obese. It is an addiction and mental problem which you wear on your sleeve. Drug addicts and alcoholics sometimes can hide their addictions. Not the obese with their addictions to food. It's addiction, mental issues and flat out laziness. All tied in one. I'm not talking about folks who just added a few lbs as they got older.

How do you guys go about talking to a morbidly obese family member about their weight?

One of my siblings is now 300lbs+ on a 5'3" frame. Her husband has also packed on about 50 lbs. Two of the three kids, all under 10 are chunky. The youngest who is 4 has a gut. My wife brought up the point if this family member who is the youngest of my siblings has an unfortunate serious or fatal issue due to her weight like a heart attack, the family will look to use to help support her kids. Which with all due respect I want no part of as we keep the flexibility to move to EE is the situation dictates it.

Their whole life revolves around food. Now she added adderall to her daily regime....as if a daily dosage of amphetamine is gonna help. Also triple jabbed.

I was a strength and conditioning coach years ago and helped many obese clients. But at the least they all had acknowledged the problem and came into the gym before I even met them. Part of me says in life you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Please don’t take this the wrong way, brother, but I‘d move to Eastern Europe as quickly as possible 😂

Last edited:
Glad to see this thread make a comeback, gluttony is one of the worst ways in which modern society has been dehumanized. All these corpulent obesities, cursing themselves and disfiguring their God-given form, and for what? At some point, "eating disorders" and "thyroid conditions" are simply just a smokescreen for a more excessive character flaw, one of the spirt more so than the body.

"When your rear end won't fit through the front door.."
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/NYZMjDr6JOG3/

In general I have low tolerance for people who are extremely obese. It is an addiction and mental problem which you wear on your sleeve. Drug addicts and alcoholics sometimes can hide their addictions. Not the obese with their addictions to food. It's addiction, mental issues and flat out laziness. All tied in one. I'm not talking about folks who just added a few lbs as they got older.

I have a friend who is morbidly obese but his situation is strange. He's huge but still good looking actually takes very good care of himself, not sloppy or ever at any kind of disadvantage because of his weight, he's a smooth talker attractive girls love him, he works hard and is very successful and everyone who knows him speaks glowingly of him and loves the guy. It's really difficult to describe fully, his life on the surface is not hampered at all by his weight which I think has enabled him to be okay with it. He's in his mid 30's and has been this way his entire adult life. The guy actually lives a really clean lifestyle and you never really see him being gluttonous, I see it because I know him so well but just on the outside you would never notice. It's not something where he's throwing down massive amounts of food it's just that he eats really really bad and always really bad. I see it because I know him, nobody else would if they didn't spend a lot of time with him.

Like you I'm also usually disgusted by people who don't take care of themselves but he's the exception he's an odd case, that and he's an extremely loyal friend and a good man. Well recently when I sat down with him I told him, "brother I love you and it's not about looks it's about your health. I want you in my life as does everyone that loves you and the way you're going you're not going to be for very long". I felt like that resonated with him and struck a chord, he recently asked if he can start going to the gym with me again. Have you tried something like that?

Like you I'm also usually disgusted by people who don't take care of themselves but he's the exception he's an odd case, that and he's an extremely loyal friend and a good man. Well recently when I sat down with him I told him, "brother I love you and it's not about looks it's about your health. I want you in my life as does everyone that loves you and the way you're going you're not going to be for very long". I felt like that resonated with him and struck a chord, he recently asked if he can start going to the gym with me again. Have you tried something like that?
Not yet but it's probably the best approach. It's not about how you look on the beach. It's that if she continues down this path she may not make it to age 45 or be around to see her children graduate HS.

Framing it around her children and the general responsibility of a parent to do their best to be there for their kids and grandkids.

Not yet but it's probably the best approach. It's not about how you look on the beach. It's that if she continues down this path she may not make it to age 45 or be around to see her children graduate HS.

Framing it around her children and the general responsibility of a parent to do their best to be there for their kids and grandkids.
The best thing I heard recently (possibly David Avocado Wolfe Telegram channel?) said something like:
"Guys will say they are willing to die for their family, but are you willing to be healthy for them?"

Although I am not technically considered obese, I have extra fat on my belly that never seems to come off despite having a clean diet and working out 3-4x a week. Anybody here have any advice for dealing with that? I think some of it might be bloating, but some of it is fat.

Although I am not technically considered obese, I have extra fat on my belly that never seems to come off despite having a clean diet and working out 3-4x a week. Anybody here have any advice for dealing with that? I think some of it might be bloating, but some of it is fat.
I’m struggling with the belly fat too. The only thing that has helped me is cutting out alcohol especially beer from the diet as much as possible, but it seems like I’m fighting my own Northern European genetics to lose it in middle age. After over a year of regular workout exercise and better dieting to lose the beer belly, you honestly wouldn’t be able to tell any improvement. I think more drastic measures like a strict keto diet and cutting out alcohol altogether are in order, but curious what others might have to advice…

That said, I’m always appalled when I return to the US for a visit and witness the state of general health in this country. As soon as I arrived to the airport this time, I was annoyed at the slow pace, wide space, and lack of awareness to allow others to pass by from all the troglodytes in my path. People are literally growing horizontally fat and waddling like ducks because of their obesity, and I’m walking how I normally do in Europe and it seems like I’m in bullet time. It’s like teleporting to another planet; I just wonder how these people actually work and function? The amount of morbidly obese people is pretty shocking every time I come back through the airport or visit a store like Walmart.

Then when I get acclimated to the US again you see why. All the food is goyslop, even the nice new restaurants are all sourcing from Sysco because their (((owners))) are in the USA to make the most profit. The portions are twice what we get in Europe and everyone gets used to chowing down three big meals a day, plus dessert. The grocery stores are full of sugary products and everything can be bought in bulk. People are used to buying everything premade and not used to making anything from scratch with fresh ingredients. I know I am not really saying anything new but the environment in the USA is just so much worse than in Europe when it comes to food simply because of the infrastructure prevents the American way from being possible and because at least in Europe everything doesn’t have the dehydrogenated corn syrup in it (yet).

In a healthy society people would not be this overweight and obese. And you get more of the extremes in America where you have overly obese people like I described at the airport next to the fit people taking the protein powder and roids; in Europe where I live it would be considered pathetic to build your body to that extreme just for vanity instead of just naturally…there’s less middle ground in the US, less average people being in good shape…just another sign of a sick society.

Last edited:
I eat only once a day, no snacks, no sugar, very little bread, and an occasional beer. The only processed food is pasta, which I eat once every week or two. Meat, eggs, vegetables and potatoes boiled in salty water or fried with butter are my main source of food. My shape hasn't changed since I was in my 30s, which was two decades ago.

I have reduced the amount of potatoes a bit recently.

At the end of the day it's just math, you have to consume fewer calories than your body uses. Even if you're eating "clean", the healthiest food in the world will make you gain weight if you eat too much.

If I were you, I would cut my portion sizes by 10 to 15% at least. It takes a 3500 calorie deficit to lose a pound of fat. So if you want to lose a pound a week, you need to cut 500 calories a day. If you have three meals a day, that means removing the equivalent of two slices of bread from each meal. Or you could replace that bread with a low calorie food like carrots.

Of course this is all easier said than done, because you will feel a bit hungry. It takes a lot of discipline, but your body will get used to it and adjust to the new normal. No belly fat is your natural state, so your body wants to go there but there's no gain without pain. Sometimes belly fat is the last to go for men, so perseverance is key.

I eat only once a day, no snacks, no sugar, very little bread, and an occasional beer. The only processed food is pasta, which I eat once every week or two. Meat, eggs, vegetables and potatoes boiled in salty water or fried with butter are my main source of food. My shape hasn't changed since I was in my 30s, which was two decades ago.

I have reduced the amount of potatoes a bit recently.
Switch to Beets and Carrots every once in awhile, especially during the winter months. Not as starchy.

@Larping_WokeNPC - try different diets and workouts. Calorie counting does not work for many people. My diet makes no real difference. But the one diet that did make me loose a lot of weight was Bryan Johnson's Blueprint. Other very low carb diets will probably be the same. I felt hungry pretty much all the time. I think carbs are something you want to keep to a minimum. Both carbs and sugars slow the body down. They are more taxing on your digestive tract. Eating a lot will probably take a few years off your life.

I ate this exact diet for 4 weeks earlier this year and for the first time in years my abs came thru. No the intent wasn't vanity. I had cut out all alcohol, began intermittent fasting and hitting the weights frequently the previous year. So this was more to shock my system and get the last few lbs off.

These were the rules.

One meal per day. Or two hour eating window.

Breaking the fast was a 6-8 egg omelette, cheddar cheese in it, cooked in avocado oil. Or, I threw a few pieces of chicken thighs on the BBQ with Spike seasoning. Tomatoes and cucumbers with sprinkled feta on the side, olive oil drizzled (Bulgarian). Ice water to drink. Wait 30 mins when done eating to gauge fullness.

Then a large bowl of plain greek yogurt (3-4 servings) with 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder mixed in. Frozen blueberries on top. This was desert. Another large glass of ice water.

Omelettes/chicken are extremely filling. Greek yogurt is even more filling. Back to back I'm incredibly full and the whole thing is protein heavy with some healthy fats.

During the day if hungry, mix zero calorie electrolyte powder with BCAA powder(this is key and if you've done extended fasts, you know electrolytes stave off hunger). Also black coffee.

Again at night and added magnesium glycinate.

Lifted 4-5X per week and a long walk each night. No heavy cardio.

The first night I try this I go to bed hungry as by body hasn't adapted. By days 2-3 I feel fine, stomach has shrunk and feeling empty is different than feeling hunger.

BTW doing this with only water/coffee by thinking/creativity with work is excellent.

Some people can't eat the same thing every day. My wife thinks I'm insane. I find it simplifies everything and my body adjusts quickest. It's when I alternate foods that calories fluctuate and satiation varies. She was visiting her mom and I was stuck at home with a lot of work so this worked out very well.

I don't count calories but given my experience in strength/conditioning, I can eyeball fairly well. This comes out to 1,500-1,700 calories per day. With lifting and general 8-10K steps that's a 1,000-1,200 deficit per day. So 8-10 lbs in a month. Doesn't matter your body fat, it will come off doing something like this.

The most important factor I learned years ago if you want to lose body fat is to eat the most filling calories possible. That's why when most count calories it doesn't work. Doing that with less filling calories will not end well. But you can manipulate your diet so that 1,500 calories feels like you ate 3,000 calories.

Last edited:
Having reached a certain age and sadly now with a health condition that means that both cardio/strength training is extremely limited - I found myself getting a gut due to a sedentary lifestyle and a love of decent food.

Attempting to address: minimize the carbs (esp sugar) depending on job. If you are builder/physical grafter - not an issue, sit behind a desk and commute by car - probably don't need as much as you are consuming.

I've also found intermittent fasting to have noticeable and relativity quick effects. I try 16-8 - so early dinner, no food after 8 and nothing till midday.

Whether that triggers autophagy I don't know - might need to be longer (think 16h of fasting is borderline) but has certainly reduced my belly fat and I'm not the only one to notice.

(Proper) Stevia - the powder that you use a miniscule fraction of a teaspoon - is the only sweetener apparently that doesn't trigger an insulin response so it's important to consider how you take your coffee (Rest of the world) / Tea (UK) for your drinks prior your first meal.

Obv no milk, and ideally black and bitter if you can stomach it.

Grains are a massive part of the obesity epidemic:
669C1E01-4B98-4D6B-A42B-0B98248B96B4.jpeg

The food pyramid suggests a ton of grains which are pure carbs. Then it suggests fruits and vegetables even more than meat eggs and fish. Having nutrient and protein rich foods is what will help one be healthy.

Back