• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Texas, New Mexico and Arizona Thread

This is a thread is focusing on part of the American Southwest - notably (parts of ) Texas, New Mexico and Arizona.
Disclaimer: please consider that everyone's personal circumstances and views are different. (So, if you are from the US, and before you think: "Oh, quit your trolling! Why would anyone in his right mind want to come to live in the US?" - please read this thread in full before making any judgment).
Without revealing too much about myself: I currently reside in the UK where I am a citizen (grew up in continental Europe - but made the UK my home nearly 14 years ago). While The UK saved my life at some point - unfortunately I have seen the decline of the country in the last few years (The decline has been rapidly accelerating since about 2019...)
For years, you have tried to convince yourself that the UK is a "budget version of the American dream" - while the reality is far from it.
(The UK is great for a few years as a student or a young white collar professional - for a few years. Not great if you are older and want to have a family)
I have always wanted to live in the US. Next year, that dream may finally come true.
My personal experience/exposure to the US has been limited so far.
A short visit to New York City and (an even shorter visit to) Boston, MA in 2009.
NYC (as of 2009) - great place to visit. The people largely reasonable (certainly more polite than people in London), felt safer and more affordable than London. Not sure if this city was my first choice in the US, however.
Boston, MA - (Sorry, Bostoners) - Awful place, couldn't wait to get out of there. It had all the negatives of places in Europe without offering you the positives of US cities. Outside of the college/university areas...is filled with ghettos with high crime rates. (Crowded city, And ridiculously expensive for what it was). Find most people to be rude and aggressive there (Just like in Europe). To sum it up: not good.

Fast forward to 2022 - a trip to the Dallas, FTW metro area in Texas. I felt I found the part of the US I would want to call home. Largely polite and considerate people. A reasonably safe metro area. A diverse and healthy local economy. Great universities (not sure about public high schools). People of different ethnic backgrounds largely tolerant of each other.
Also, the supposed "hoods" and "ghettos" (we took the liberty and drove through one)in Dallas seemed nothing like the footages you see about the deprived areas of cities in the East Coast (Baltimore, Philly, Newark, Trenton etc) or the Midwest (Detroit, Flint, Milwaukee, Gary, Cleveland, Cincinnati and parts of Chicago etc).
It seemed in Dallas even the so-called "ghettos" are just simply working-class neighbourhood, with a few gangs here and there - who would only pose a threat to you if you are involved in some criminal activity.
And (in 2022) I managed to secure a date with a (polite, slim and Christian) lady 8 years my junior (!) by simply initiating a conversation at a shopping mall. (This would have been unimaginable anywhere in Europe). (We stayed in touch for months after I returned from the US - had I pursued it further, it could have led to marriage and family. Not pursuing it further is something I deply regret.)
As of, 2022 a decent family home (with backyard and often with a garage) is still relatively affordable in some of the decent suburbs of the Dallas metro area. (For comparison :The same price would hardly buy you a "studio apartment" in a bad part of outer London, UK)
Home-schooling is legal. So is concealed-carry.
This part of Texas is high on my list.

New Mexico - have not been there yet. On paper, seems a lot going for a it in the Albuquerque and Santa Fe metro areas. However, It is clearly smaller and poorer than Texas.
In theory, the climate is also milder than in TX or AZ. Seems less family-friendly place, however, - compared to the TX and AZ.

Arizona, - have not visited yet. Lots of good going for it. However, summers can be brutal (what is the state starts rationing electricity for AC? That part of the US is unbearable without air conditioning) - particularly in central and southern parts of the state. The laws, however are family-friendly. (Home-schooling, concealed carry, harsh punishments for serious criminals - remember Maricopa County Sheriff - Joe Arpaio?)

In short: I believe one of these three places will be ideal for me to start a new life - start and raise a family.

Yes, I speak Spanish fluently (Learned it). Have no issues with Mexicans people and other Spanish-speaking folks from Latin America. I am also interested in getting to know more about some native American cultures (particularly Navajo and Comanche).

As a side note I am looking for a future wife from the Asian, Black, Latina or native American communities. Have no interest in dating/marrying White women. Please don't judge me - It's my choice - and I believe it is a valid one... You don't need to agree with me on this. Parts of the three states above seem like ideal places for me. As you know: as a men, you go where you are appreciated. The tall, handsome, polite, cultured, family-oriented European Christian gentlemen image (Just being myself, without needing to result to clown game or needing to be a millionaire) - can apparently safely attract the right sort of Black, Latina , Asian or Native American ladies in TX.

Also, if it matters I am a nominal Catholic - who is trying to get to know and practice his faith more. Roman Catholic congregations seem to go strong in TX, NM and AZ.

One thing for you to consider; for me the American Dream was always associated with the American West and Southwest - polite and nice people, plenty of space (compared to Europe), comfortable family homes with back-garden for your family barbecues, A garage for your large, comfortable family car. Beautiful and family-oriented women. Family-oriented social norms. Good universities. Good customer service wherever you go. Functioning public services -( including a decent police force that is polite with law-abiding citizens but is harsh on criminals). Right to home school your children. Right to concealed- carry to protect your family. Death penalty for the most dangerous criminals.
I think you see where I am coming from.

You might be thinking : "Golly, things must be really bad in most of Europe if Dallas, TX seems like a paradise for that brother from Europe!" Yes, things are that bad in Europe by now. I am not exaggerating.

Any insight or meaningful input from people who currently reside there or have recently visited would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Last edited:
I haven't been to Albuquerque or Tucson, but also very interested in both of them. The cost of housing is very affordable, especially for the Western US. Tucson's summers might be too hot, but I live in a place with similar weather to Albuquerque now and it's fantastic. One of the best things about the Western US is being surrounded by hundreds of miles of open space and all of the things you can do outside. There's skiing, mountain/ride biking, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, motorcycle riding, hunting, fishing, camping. Plus all of the National Parks, Forests and State Parks.

I know that Santa Fe is very expensive. Flagstaff and Prescott in Arizona look nice too, but also expensive.

One thing for you to consider; for me the American Dream was always associated with the American West and Southwest - polite and nice people, plenty of space (compared to Europe), comfortable family homes with back-garden for your family barbecues, A garage for your large, comfortable family car.
You forgot the flagpole and flag, they like that over there, it's even in the national anthem..

I've been all over. Arizona has places that are OK without air conditioning, Flagstaff elevation is 7000ft, it's not really hot in summer (but it's not a cold summer like in Alaska either)
Albuquerque is horrendous crime 3rd world hole, I would not stop my RV there, would drive around that place on back roads. Lots of theft and break ins all over NM.
Texas is future Mexican state, LOL. And it's hot, mostly super humid on top if it, plus tornadoes and hurricanes. It lacks beautifil nature except perhaps some seashores and Big Bend National park. AZ and NM at least got lots of beautiful nature places to visit, dry heat and almost no natural disasters
I would not live in NM or TX if I was paid to.
Arizona is a step up but it's overrun with newcomers except few remote small towns. Phoenix is horrendous from my standpoint, hot and worst traffic in the country, I dread driving through it.

Last edited:
One thing for you to consider; for me the American Dream was always associated with the American West and Southwest - polite and nice people, plenty of space (compared to Europe), comfortable family homes with back-garden for your family barbecues, A garage for your large, comfortable family car.
There is more space for homes and cheaper, non barren, usable land in the American South and Midwest than in the Southwest.
Arid states face water limitations.
They are full of people who had moved there, while there is not enough water to support all the development.
Houses with garages and large lots aren't specific to TX and Southwest, they are everywhere, but they are much more exensive in the Southwest. In TX property taxes are a killer.
Native folks in NM are often not fond of Whites.
One can much easier have more land, greenery in the garden, grass in the South/Midwest.
If you are really into Hispanic women, speak Spanish, like Native stuff: real estate is much cheaper in Mexico and you could be in a place with a nice weather without paying so much and US immigration hurdles

Last edited:
Texas, especially Rural based Central Texas is fastly becoming a suburb or many suburbs because of the Hip to be in Texas vibe...Putting 500 homes out in an open field that was farmed for over a hundred years is the cool thing now...Water availability be danged...... keep building till it hits the skids..

Destroy small towns because of Muh big towns and come back 40 years later to get away from it all...DieVersity, crime, congestion, etc. Makes perfect economic sense. Running from the mess you made and then come back and Destroy the rural areas..

This Central Banking Vulture Economic Vampire has Destroyed the Natural Cultures and Sustainable local-regional Economic fanfare of this Nation thus the Sustainable Middle Class.

I'm very fortunate to have seen the Remnant of what was Small Town Texas Predominant German-Czech Goodness. Their were other interesting enclaves across the US of course, not just Texas, but it was rather thick here. And now its being erradicated by the Rootless Elite who value only Total Control.

Here is a little bit of the Real Texas still alive in some areas...but dwindling. Hard to believe this was only 30+ years ago. Yes, Espåñol wasn't the only non english language spoken Texas, Lol.

Last edited:
I've been all over. Arizona has places that are OK without air conditioning, Flagstaff elevation is 7000ft, it's not really hot in summer (but it's not a cold summer like in Alaska either)
Albuquerque is horrendous crime 3rd world hole, I would not stop my RV there, would drive around that place on back roads. Lots of theft and break ins all over NM.
Texas is future Mexican state, LOL. And it's hot, mostly super humid on top if it, plus tornadoes and hurricanes. It lacks beautifil nature except perhaps some seashores and Big Bend National park. AZ and NM at least got lots of beautiful nature places to visit, dry heat and almost no natural disasters
I would not live in NM or TX if I was paid to.
Arizona is a step up but it's overrun with newcomers except few remote small towns. Phoenix is horrendous from my standpoint, hot and worst traffic in the country, I dread driving through it.
Albuquerque is an exception, an anomaly - the rest of NM, TX and AZ are nothing like that. In fact, outside of Albuquerque no other city/metro are from the Southwest made it into the Top 40 list when it comes to violent crime.
Texas is FAR from being a future Mexican state. I visited Dallas , TX - (I guess your comments refer to Houston and south Texas). There are many Spanish-speaking Latinos (which is fine by me) but they are far from being the majority. There are no hurricanes affecting Dallas (an occasional tornado from the neighbouring Oklahoma, perhaps).
The landscape may be better in Arizona but parts of Texas . especially the Dallas metro area are perfectly liveable. As for the overcrowding and bad traffic- that's relatively. Compared to London, UK...Dallas, TX is great.

There is more space for homes and cheaper, non barren, usable land in the American South and Midwest than in the Southwest.
Arid states face water limitations.
They are full of people who had moved there, while there is not enough water to support all the development.
Houses with garages and large lots aren't specific to TX and Southwest, they are everywhere, but they are much more exensive in the Southwest. In TX property taxes are a killer.
Native folks in NM are often not fond of Whites.
One can much easier have more land, greenery in the garden, grass in the South/Midwest.
If you are really into Hispanic women, speak Spanish, like Native stuff: real estate is much cheaper in Mexico and you could be in a place with a nice weather without paying so much and US immigration hurdles
I am sure you do realize that many parts of the Midwest and the Southwest and totally unbearable now due to corruption, unemployment and crime...that's why people move from the to the Southwest...and not the other way around. (The lady I dated in Dallas moved from one of the deprived, violent cities of the Midwest to Dallas , Texas. "The best decision we ever made!" she told me. They loved it in Dallas.)
The thread was about three US states , yet you bring in Mexico.
Your condescending and patronising comment was not helpful, I hope you realize that.

Last edited:
I am sure you do realize that many parts of the Midwest and the Southwest and totally unbearable now due to corruption, unemployment and crime...that's why people move from the to the Southwest...and not the other way around. (The lady I dated in Dallas moved from one of the deprived, violent cities of the Midwest to Dallas , Texas. "The best decision we ever made!" she told me. They loved it in Dallas.)
The thread was about three US states , yet you bring in Mexico.
Your condescending and patronising comment was not helpful, I hope you realize that.

I've taken my RV all over, lived in airbnbs all over, over many years and recently. My family owns homes in each of these 3 states.
Above, I told the situation like it is. It's clear that your experience is limited.
And there is no need to insult me by your rude comment (sounds like you'd love it in ABQ, ny bad), I just won't read you anymore. I suggest you visit America more.
And yeah I would not live in crime-ridden NM or in TX if anyone paid me to.

What stinks is the higher prices across the board that come with all the Development for the Natives that get over run by Urban Sprawl.

I know there are trade-offs in a continuing world, but this bounce around the Nation has left much to be desired.

I mean how big do Houston And Dallas need to be? Do they need to connect by the Trinity River or I45? Just one Big Subdivision after another, Chipolte, Wal Mart, Home Depot, 6A School, more Homes, Globo-Homo et al..
Same with Dallas to Austin to San Antone? Is this the ideal living? Ideal $200K mystery work at home jobs, insulated from a real community, Rootless Corporate Gypsies moving around...granted thats current reality of the economic Central Banking Monopoly, but relocating indefinitely can't be the long term answer. It's Unsustainable and sadly many folks don't need to be here. '65 Hart-Cellar Act did a head fake on Ma And Pa American Gothic people.. but I dont know if that will be resolved now...just expect complete muddy grand children.

I am sure you realize that video is staged.
However, there are quiet a few humble, church-going young women in Texas (No , they wouldn't drive a Ford Mustangs or flirt with random bikers at the gas station like the young women in the video above).
Dallas, TX is soo good in this regard, you would almost want to keep it secret.

Last edited:
I am sure you realize that video is staged.
However, there are quiet a few humble, church-going young women in Texas (No , they wouldn't drive a Ford Mustangs or flirt with random bikers at the gas station like the young women in the video above).
Dallas, TX is soo good in this regard, you would almost want to keep it secret.
Do you know that to be a fact?

Folks, this info is not for the OP but for anyone interested in the topic. I am back near Tucson again (my only interest being desert travel) and as usual Tucson does not fail being a guano pit, excuse me. :) Every interaction with any of their RV or automotive repair places there ends predictably. Either they get the wrong parts, or lie to your face wasting your time for a long time or just rude and unprofessional. It's surreal, can't be United States. Can't wait to part my ways with the region and most of Arizona. I know good places left in AZ but once the secret is out on public internet they get ruined. Dreaded Phoenix driving ahead to get the jeep out of storage. Phoenix is absolutely insane, my rear view mirror can't wait for Phoenux to appear in it. At least mask terror had ended in New Mexico when I travel through it! It wasn't travelable until this year due to all the hoax Karens.

Last edited:
Folks, this info is not for the OP but for anyone interested in the topic. I am back near Tucson again (my only interest being desert travel) and as usual Tucson does not fail being a guano pit, excuse me. :) Every interaction with any of their RV or automotive repair places there ends predictably. Either they get the wrong parts, or lie to your face wasting your time for a long time or just rude and unprofessional. It's surreal, can't be United States. Can't wait to part my ways with the region and most of Arizona. I know good places left in AZ but once the secret is out on public internet they get ruined. Dreaded Phoenix driving ahead to get the jeep out of storage. Phoenix is absolutely insane, my rear view mirror can't wait for Phoenux to appear in it. At least mask terror had ended in New Mexico when I travel through it! It wasn't travelable until this year due to all the hoax Karens.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in the AZ/NM/TX triangle. Hopefully you will have better luck wherever you go next time. (And I am saying that without any sarcasm).

Albuquerque's poor reputation can also be a good thing. Housing is still affordable and you can enjoy a simpler life.

I live in a place that Californians have invaded. It's still a great place to live, but will eventually turn into a mini California. The cost of housing is getting insane too.

I'm learning to embrace places that Californians and latte liberals avoid, even if they have problems (like Albuquerque). The mountains, climate and high desert of New Mexico look incredible. Tough to find affordable places like that out West.

Last edited:

I've been to Phoenix before and I agree that it's horrible. Not sure what there is to do in that town but it's boiling hot in the summer and every building is a different shade of brown. I don't understand why anyone would want to live in a place like that.

The people seemed nice though compared to the coastal cities but that is not a good enough reason to live there.

I've been to Phoenix before and I agree that it's horrible. Not sure what there is to do in that town but it's boiling hot in the summer and every building is a different shade of brown. I don't understand why anyone would want to live in a place like that.

The people seemed nice though compared to the coastal cities but that is not a good enough reason to live there.

Before it was pretty damn good. Arizona had cheap real estate, was solid right wing, less restrictions and regulations, less taxes and great winter weather.

I should have realized that Los Angelinos would eventually escape from their hell hole and go the only direction they can out of California... East into Arizona and Southern Nevada.

Back