Sports

GuitarVH

Orthodox Inquirer
Heritage
Philanthropist
I just went to check the Australian Open 2024 site to see what was happening. This is a screenshot of an auto video that played directly underneath the latest scores.

AUS2024.png

Edit. It gets worse, I found this at the bottom of the AO site, you could easily miss it if you don't scroll down to the bottom. Unbelievable. Funny how the Jews who are behind the manufactured self-hate of White Christian nations don't extend the same loving-kindness when it comes to the people they are currently genociding.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 2.03.21 PM.webp

Last edited:
A lot of tennis players are actually pretty based, especially compared to other sports. I wonder what they think about all the gayness.

I was watching highlights from the US Open last year, and they had the equal pay nonsense painted on the court. So the US is just as gay and retarded as Australia.

A lot of tennis players are actually pretty based, especially compared to other sports. I wonder what they think about all the gayness.
Yes, some are and some aren't. The Ukrainian girls are horrendous, won't even shake the hands of Russian or Belorussian players after a match. Then you have the Svitolina-Monfils marriage on prominent display as some kind of multi-cultural ideal for the NWO. Abominable.

I was watching highlights from the US Open last year, and they had the equal pay nonsense painted on the court. So the US is just as gay and retarded as Australia.

I know. This isn't about Australia per se, it's about how they push destruction of the White culture at the Grand Slam events. It just so happens that the Australian Open is the current Grand Slam.

It's pretty sad these women are basically assets to make money for their fathers and or family to the point the father must speak for her. It's a 1v1 affair and win or lose you show sportsmanship.

It's also an absolute disgrace to any sporting federation that removes a competitors national flag. It shows true cowardice.

I hope Djokovic continues to slap everyone and give a big f u to Australia tennis federation for their ridiculous stunt they pulled during the 2022 grand slam season.

I know that there will be some that still follow professional sports on this forum, but I don't see any validity in it, and have not since my early 20's.

I used to follow simply so that I could converse with normies, but truthfully I wonder why you would want to do that at this point, nor does it add any value whatsoever to either party engaging in the conversation. With a family, various businesses, keeping myself in shape, and attending liturgy/church class every week, I don't see how it would even be feasible to follow a single team, let alone the half dozen sports the average person seems to.

Couple this with the fact the sponsors, the players, the organizations, and the commercials that play every 5 minutes hate you and Christ, and you will never watch a sport again. While you are at it, throw away your television and streaming subscriptions and you will have ample time to focus on that which matters in this life.

Any snooker fans in here? Bit of a long shot, and I suppose calling it a “sport” is maybe questionable especially considering that during the 80’s players would smoke cigarettes and drink when away from the table.

I love it though, it’s comfy tv. It’s old gentlemanly white guys commentating over younger, impeccably-dressed white (sometimes Chinese) men playing a game of tremendous skill at a level that seems an impossibility for anyone who has ever casually tried the game. Sadly, in recent years they have succumbed a little bit to having some hip young black dude presenting the TV coverage on Eurosport, though he does seem invested in the sport and enthusiastic.

Additionally, several of the top players are super based and into schizo conspiracy stuff which is ignored under a strained-face by the games pundits. Which is always nice.

It’s a game which can seem very dull at first glance, and it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but if you follow a tournament or a long match and allow yourself to get invested in the different stages of play, it can be surprisingly tense and engaging and if you see something like a 147 (clearing 15 red with blacks and all the colours in one break) it feels really rewarding. Sadly the game no longer has as many characters as it used to, gone are the Jimmy White’s and the Dennis Taylor’s and they are being replaced by more image-conscious people

I’m particularly interested this year as Ronnie O’Sullivan is going for his record 8th world title, after winning 8 titles in the Uk championship and the masters. He’s the fan-favourite and a curious character, he was known for drug abuse and severe mood swings, including walking out of matches early after mentally self-destructing, but he seems to have pulled himself together and is absolutely destroying the opposition.

Ronnie makes a maximum break in 5 mins, truly one of the most skilful feats I’ve seen on TV:

I don't follow professional sports but I miss the local sports aspects of high school. If only amateur sports clubs were more available and common to locals. Maybe a local YMCA has some stuff that goes on, but for the most part there is no need for men and women to try to stay in shape in order to do better at a sport. All we do is watch sports. With so many sports fans it's ridiculous how little is available to an adult. I wish sports weren't such big money and professionalization/commercialization.

Any snooker fans in here? Bit of a long shot, and I suppose calling it a “sport” is maybe questionable especially considering that during the 80’s players would smoke cigarettes and drink when away from the table.

I love it though, it’s comfy tv. It’s old gentlemanly white guys commentating over younger, impeccably-dressed white (sometimes Chinese) men playing a game of tremendous skill at a level that seems an impossibility for anyone who has ever casually tried the game. Sadly, in recent years they have succumbed a little bit to having some hip young black dude presenting the TV coverage on Eurosport, though he does seem invested in the sport and enthusiastic.

Additionally, several of the top players are super based and into schizo conspiracy stuff which is ignored under a strained-face by the games pundits. Which is always nice.

It’s a game which can seem very dull at first glance, and it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, but if you follow a tournament or a long match and allow yourself to get invested in the different stages of play, it can be surprisingly tense and engaging and if you see something like a 147 (clearing 15 red with blacks and all the colours in one break) it feels really rewarding. Sadly the game no longer has as many characters as it used to, gone are the Jimmy White’s and the Dennis Taylor’s and they are being replaced by more image-conscious people

I’m particularly interested this year as Ronnie O’Sullivan is going for his record 8th world title, after winning 8 titles in the Uk championship and the masters. He’s the fan-favourite and a curious character, he was known for drug abuse and severe mood swings, including walking out of matches early after mentally self-destructing, but he seems to have pulled himself together and is absolutely destroying the opposition.

Ronnie makes a maximum break in 5 mins, truly one of the most skilful feats I’ve seen on TV:

That guy's control over the placement of the cue ball after each shot is amazing!

Haha, you don't know HOW happy I am to come to this forum Monday and see there were ZERO sportsball posts.
I thought *I* was out of touch with sports, but I at least watched the Superbowl yesterday.

It was a very good game. I hadn't watched a football game in probably 3 years and went to the gym, catching some plays in the first half, then came home as they were doing the silly halftime shenanigans and tuned in the 4th quarter to see some great football.

What I noticed:
The camera kept obnoxiously panning to Taylor Swift, whenever her boyfriend made a big play. As I was typing this, and searching for Patrick Mahomes, I learned the boyfriend was not the Kansas City quarterback as I thought, but one of their tight ends. Also I thought I knew what Taylor Swift looks like but I couldn't pick her out of the group she was in :) Silly stuff, though.

But the player who stood out to me, never hearing his name before, and never seeing him play, was running back Christian McCaffrey of the 49ers. This guy was a BEAST. He's so good I saw them hand him the ball three times in a row more than once. When you are at this level, with a roster full of top level athletes competing for the world championship and your best option is to repeat the last play, you're dealing with a truly incredible athlete.

Something about watching him made me "like" him in a way I didn't like Mahoney. He was so impressive, and I enjoyed watching him in a way I haven't enjoyed watching sports in YEARS, that I looked him up during a commercial break. It turns out the guy is a big Christian, and won Most Valuable Offensive Player last year.

My faith is very important to me,” McCaffrey emphasizes. “When you have a bunch of people chanting your name, it’s important that you give the honor and glory back to the person, God, that’s allowing me to do this.”

Most of us will see that, and think "cool, I like this guy," as I did. But it's much more than that.
The entire reason for public sport to exist, is to have some sort of role model like this for young athletes. We all played sports in school. We all had some sport figure we looked up to. As a grown man today, I really don't care about who can run a fraction of a second faster than someone else, or who can throw a ball more precisely, or who can hit a hole in one. Honestly, that impresses me not at all, which is a bit weird in our culture (but apparently normal on this forum), but I do value the leadership and heroicism that a cultural figure like Christian can have.

I also see that he is engaged to marry his girlfriend, who won Miss Universe 2012. That is pretty odd to me. A girl wins miss Universe and 12 years later is still single? Extremely suspicious. But I wish him the best of luck.

The final point is if you watched the game from a race realism point of view, there were several huge mistakes made that are preludes to what it will be like to live in a white minority country. A 10 yard penalty in the final drive, which may have held the 49ers to a field goal versus a touchdown, and (this one is almost unbelievable) apparently the 49ers team captain didn't understand the playoff rules (which were explained to him by a ref on live TV standing inches away from him) and apparently nobody in the coaching staff understood either, as today headlines are claiming that the 49ers didn't really understand the playoff system and didn' t mean to make the calls they did.

I guess they should have called me. I haven't watched a football game in 3 years, and haven't played since grade school, but the ref's explanation made perfect sense to me.

Wow, just wow, boys. Wow. Just. Wow.

Haha, you don't know HOW happy I am to come to this forum Monday and see there were ZERO sportsball posts.
I thought *I* was out of touch with sports, but I at least watched the Superbowl yesterday.

It was a very good game. I hadn't watched a football game in probably 3 years and went to the gym, catching some plays in the first half, then came home as they were doing the silly halftime shenanigans and tuned in the 4th quarter to see some great football.

What I noticed:
The camera kept obnoxiously panning to Taylor Swift, whenever her boyfriend made a big play. As I was typing this, and searching for Patrick Mahomes, I learned the boyfriend was not the Kansas City quarterback as I thought, but one of their tight ends. Also I thought I knew what Taylor Swift looks like but I couldn't pick her out of the group she was in :) Silly stuff, though.

But the player who stood out to me, never hearing his name before, and never seeing him play, was running back Christian McCaffrey of the 49ers. This guy was a BEAST. He's so good I saw them hand him the ball three times in a row more than once. When you are at this level, with a roster full of top level athletes competing for the world championship and your best option is to repeat the last play, you're dealing with a truly incredible athlete.

Something about watching him made me "like" him in a way I didn't like Mahoney. He was so impressive, and I enjoyed watching him in a way I haven't enjoyed watching sports in YEARS, that I looked him up during a commercial break. It turns out the guy is a big Christian, and won Most Valuable Offensive Player last year.

Most of us will see that, and think "cool, I like this guy," as I did. But it's much more than that.
The entire reason for public sport to exist, is to have some sort of role model like this for young athletes. We all played sports in school. We all had some sport figure we looked up to. As a grown man today, I really don't care about who can run a fraction of a second faster than someone else, or who can throw a ball more precisely, or who can hit a hole in one. Honestly, that impresses me not at all, which is a bit weird in our culture (but apparently normal on this forum), but I do value the leadership and heroicism that a cultural figure like Christian can have.

I also see that he is engaged to marry his girlfriend, who won Miss Universe 2012. That is pretty odd to me. A girl wins miss Universe and 12 years later is still single? Extremely suspicious. But I wish him the best of luck.

The final point is if you watched the game from a race realism point of view, there were several huge mistakes made that are preludes to what it will be like to live in a white minority country. A 10 yard penalty in the final drive, which may have held the 49ers to a field goal versus a touchdown, and (this one is almost unbelievable) apparently the 49ers team captain didn't understand the playoff rules (which were explained to him by a ref on live TV standing inches away from him) and apparently nobody in the coaching staff understood either, as today headlines are claiming that the 49ers didn't really understand the playoff system and didn' t mean to make the calls they did.

I guess they should have called me. I haven't watched a football game in 3 years, and haven't played since grade school, but the ref's explanation made perfect sense to me.

Wow, just wow, boys. Wow. Just. Wow.

I didn't know McCaffrey was a Christian - name aside lol. That's great to hear, he really is a beast. Arguably the best athlete in football.

Yeah and she's a few years older than McCaffrey. I personally don't think it is ever God's perfect will that a man marry an older woman. Same age/high school sweethearts, sure, but not older. Obviously God can still bless the marriage but that doesn't mean she was the woman he intended for him. As it's said, an opportunity is not necessarily an open door.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl. I would have, but I just felt an aura of inevitability that the Chiefs would win and it kinda took any intrigue away for me.

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are the most annoying couple since Tom Cruise and whoever dates Tom Cruise.

I almost missed the entire Super Bowl, but saw the end because my roommate had it on when I got home. It was weird to be watching and not care at all about what happens. I used to be obsessed with watching sports and never thought I'd stop caring. But damn is it nice. It was such a waste of time. I guess there's nothing wrong with casually watching, but I don't even care about that either. The woke politics and everything else has completely ruined it.

My motivation for my own hobbies, cooking, career/schoolwork, exercise, reading, faith, etc is at an all time high. I think giving up sports and most of the crap on tv in general has a lot to do with it.

I still follow the daily happenings of the Astros during the MLB season but I’m far less fixated on it than I used to be and only watch a couple games during the season. It’s pretty easy to catch the highlights, and the official site’s beat writer does a fine job summarizing things. Only in the playoffs do I spend much time watching the games anymore. This is also a nice way to go because it’s cheap or totally free, and I avoid advertisements.

Sports isn’t bad as a moderated diversion but there are so many cultural forces constantly pushing you to go way beyond that into unhealthy territory. For many, completely dumping it may be the only way.

"Poor secondary market demand for expensive seats has raised concerns that many athletes will compete against a backdrop of empty seats..."

Because that's what's most important about the Olympics, right?
No mention as to why people aren't buying ticket or coming to the games.
That is what I think is most interesting for discussion.

I was never anything special at team sports, but have lost all interest in playing them for some reason. These last couple years I've been getting into skiing, mountain biking/road cycling, and kayaking, and enjoy them so much more. Maybe it's the freedom and being able to do them alone or with other people.

Back