Server Maintenance / Migration 7-17-2024

Yes, it's fixed.
Thank You
View attachment 11679

However those emojis that didn't dsiplay are different from the ones we had just 2 days ago - compare the thumbs up and down.
Not a complaint, just an observation.
Yep, I already put them back to the original ones.

I was testing some settings with the emojis the other day and didn't realize it broke them for some people.

We will leave them on the original settings for now. :)

Edit: I am also at the point where I am starting to work on the custom emoji's/reactions we talked about. It won't happen immediately because I have limited time to work on the site each week, but I will get it done. This is just to let you know I haven't forgotten.

Edit: I am also at the point where I am starting to work on the custom emoji's/reactions we talked about. It won't happen immediately because I have limited time to work on the site each week, but I will get it done. This is just to let you know I haven't forgotten.

Great to hear it, hope it's not too much of a trouble. Maybe do one a day - it would definitely keep the suspense going.;)
If You have any questions, want to change images, or have Your own requests, You know where to ask.

^ Maybe this has been discussed but do we have a Cartman style "jew?" emoji in the works? Or maybe just a simple EST (Every Single Time) emoji would suffice?

^ Maybe this has been discussed but do we have a Cartman style "jew?" emoji in the works? Or maybe just a simple EST (Every Single Time) emoji would suffice?
It was already talked over in the emoji request thread (not sure if remnants have the access) - but the use of the "alien" emoji is both subtle and part of the RVF legacy.

gopher GIF

Yeah I know.... I'm sorry. 😔

I've had the Stitches tab open for a couple of weeks now. I really need to make some progress on this. Feel free to help if you have time.

I have generated and uploaded a new sprite sheet and am in the process of configuring the various reactions. They should be live later today or tomorrow.
Thank you for adding these.

Can we have a cheat sheet or something?? I don't understand what some of them are.

fire extinguisher?
tractor?
leonard?
bot? (is this to say some bot is posting?)

How do these affect the reaction score? Is there also a cheat sheet for this? :D

Thank you for adding these.

Can we have a cheat sheet or something?? I don't understand what some of them are.
I'm not sure either, so here are my best guesses:

fire extinguisher?
Blowing out (((their))) candles

1703161641639-pepe-frog-meme-menorah-antisemitism.png

"An Antisemitic Fire Extinguisher Attack on a Menorah Has Become a Global Far-Right Meme" (MSM Source).

Another alien reference:

It's for those who labour, while (((others))) are resting. Especially from the sunset on Friday to the sunset on Saturday.

Anything Australian 🐨

I am happy to see this one still here.

summer world GIF

Could be used for a spambot or someone spamming products or links. (Although the best way to deal with spam or blatant trolling is to hit the "report" button.)

The bot could be used for an unthinking, brain dead response, although we now have an NPC emoji which seems like a more precise way of communicating this.

How do these affect the reaction score? Is there also a cheat sheet for this? :D
Good question. I'll expand on the use of this cheat sheet below.

All done. Have fun. :)
Nice work and thanks for your efforts!

johnny manziel smile GIF

@δούλος του Χριστού

Following on from @Doraemon here, can you please advise on how these emojis impact reaction scores?

May I suggest to include this with the forum guidelines and advise everyone on the update, so new and old members know how to better express their intended message.

In my reply to Doraemon -- which I'm quoting below because some newer members cannot access the relevant subforum -- I noted that many members seem to be giving reactions based on the content while unknowingly enacting a negative (or positive) score on the poster:

Continued from the OT thread

@soli.deo.gloria

Thanks for testing this.

Fox 6 Respect GIF by WBRC FOX6 News

Based on this post,
http://christisking.cc/threads/suggestions-for-emoji-reactions.223/page-6#post-13225 - I wasnt aware that the soy boy and irrational reaction caused a negative score.

Donald Trump Wow GIF by GIPHY News

Apologies to the posters who were deemed full of soy through my choice of emoji. Rest assured, this was not my intention.

Sorry Forgive Me GIF by Sappy Seals

Internet points may seem useless at first glance; but, they are a proxy of real social communication and thus do impact attitudes and behaviour.

This can be seen most clearly when posters talk about getting the thumbs down reaction. E.g. "Keep thumbing me down you fully vaxxed fed-posting soy boys!" I wonder if, to what extent the original 'reactors' had the impact that they intended 🤔

Misinterpret Amazon Studios GIF by Amazon Prime Video

On that note, I would suggest that if members here disagree with a post but don't think the poster deserves a digital "punishment", perhaps choose an alternative to the thumbs down emoji. This may reduce conflict between posters.

To help with this, I would suggest that we keep the negative points as short as possible to avoid confusion between reacting to the content and reacting to the poster. This may be useful since most posters are probably not aware of these processes.

Current Negative Points

Ban = -5
Troll = -2
Glowie = -2
Dislike = -1
Irrational = -1
Soy boy = -1

Suggested Points

Keep as is
Ban = -5
Troll = -2
Dislike = -1

^ Reactions which are perhaps more likely to be seen as being directed to the poster.

Remove negative association
Irrational = 0
Soy boy = 0
Glowie = 0

^ Reactions which are perhaps more likely to be seen as being directed to the content.

I hope this has been useful. Happy reacting!

Last edited:
I don't understand what some of them are.

fire extinguisher?
Blowing out (((their))) candles

This was the original intent behind the request, but since it was almost a year ago and most poeple forgot about it, the "fire extinguisher" could be used as "cool down".

I'm shocked that a heirloom member would even ask such a question. ;)

Could be used for a spambot or someone spamming products or links. (Although the best way to deal with spam or blatant trolling is to hit the "report" button.)
The bot could be used for an unthinking, brain dead response, although we now have an NPC emoji which seems like a more precise way of communicating this.

The original intent behind this request was an emoji to label anyone using AI generated texts. I thnk it could also be used for plagiarism.

Last edited:
Back