Server Maintenance / Migration 7-17-2024

δούλος του Χριστού

Servant of Christ
Orthodox
Heritage
Greetings all,

We will be migrating the site to our new hosting provider this afternoon.

There will be some unavoidable disruption during this time so we are letting you know in advance not to worry.

Once the migration is complete the site will be stable going forward.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

In Christ,

S.D.G. & the CiK admin team

There is more work to be done but we are now live on the new servers. We also jumped from v2.2 to v2.3 of the forum software. Please excuse the mess as we tinker and get everything set up as it should be. And feel free to let us know if you think something seems really broken or you have suggestions for improvements. Thanks. :)

I browsed your post history and it looks correct. Can you please provide a specific example?
My most recent pre-migration post was, I believe, this one: https://christisking.cc/index.php?threads/weird-things-youve-noticed-recently.176/post-49008

It's not being displayed in my profile, however. It says the most recent pre-migration post was a gigavaxxed meme in July 10. I made many posts after that one. I think there are random posts missing from dates earlier than July 10 as well.

I suppose it is possible that something didn't get imported correctly (although there were no errors).

If you don't mind helping us, please pm me a list of posts you believe are missing or aren't showing up so that I can investigate.

It could be a bug and if need be, I can open a support ticket with XenForo.

Edit: I think I have identified a problem with the search index function. I will need to follow up with XF support.

Edit: I figured it out and I believe the issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
A few issues I'm noticing:

• All threads now have the prefix "Thread", which is undesirable.
  • Threads are not updating with the proper last post date/time on the trending content tab.
  • When clicking a link on the activity bell, you are not taken to the relevant content, but somewhere earlier in the thread.

A few issues I'm noticing:

• Threads are not updating with the proper last post date/time on the trending content tab.
  • When clicking a link on the activity bell, you are not taken to the relevant content, but somewhere earlier in the thread.
Do you mean in the url? Example: https://christisking.cc/index.php?threads/server-maintenance-migration-7-17-2024.930/#post-49037
Got it. Thanks @Brewer (y)
I see it - I will investigate and get it fixed. Thanks.

I see it - I will investigate and get it fixed. Thanks.

Last edited:
New issue:
1. Click on "New Posts" link at top under navigation menu or "New Posts" button above Trending Content (right sidebar).
2. "New Posts" page display the latest posts.
3. Issue: Latest 2024 Election Lounge and The Biden-Harris Administration posts are not showing up under "New Posts". There were a number of new posts by various CiK members in the past 15-20 minutes.

Edit. Starting to wonder if it's related to cache/cookie issue. Will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:
I am done working for tonight. The site seems reasonably stable and useable. I have opened a ticket with XF support on the 3 issues @scorpion pointed out. This will be an ongoing work in progress for a few days or weeks to get everything ironed out just right. It is very likely some of these issues are intentional design choices or bugs in the 2.3 version. Thanks all for your support and patience today. Take care & God bless. ☦️🙏🕊️

New issue:
1. Click on "New Posts" link at top under navigation menu or "New Posts" button above Trending Content (right sidebar).
2. "New Posts" page display the latest posts.
3. Issue: Latest 2024 Election Lounge and The Biden-Harris Administration posts are not showing up under "New Posts". There were a number of new posts by various CiK members in the past 15-20 minutes.
Both of those threads, in that order, are showing up for me. Please refresh your browser/clear your cache and try again. Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.22.44 PM.webp
    Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 8.22.44 PM.webp
    108.4 KB · Views: 21
Both of those threads, in that order, are showing up for me. Please refresh your browser/clear your cache and try again. Thanks. :)
Found the issue. For some odd reason, I noticed this "Show only: Unread" filter I had never seen before:
OfboA7W.png

Clicking on x to remove the filter will display the latest posts correctly.

Edit. Okay, that is weird.
1. When I click on "New Posts" again, the "Show only: Unread" filter return.
2. I click on x to remove the "Show only: Unread" filter.
3. Click on Home > click on "New Posts" > "Show only: Unread" filter shows up again.

Seems like a bug?

Last edited:
Back