• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Relocating to Romania

in a house which doesn't to this day even have an indoor toilet.

I'd love to go back to this. And ditch the toilet paper also. Outhouse and bidet system. Who's idea was it to move the toilets inside and then use paper? 🤢

Also for the earlier comments about other countries like Romania being dangerous. My question is what are you doing? Are you out at night? Hanging out in bars? Getting drunk and taking drugs? Mingling with whores and other johns? Sticking out like a sore thumb by not learning the language/customs etc? So broke you have to stay in the projects? Isolating yourself with no friends?

Once that's been accounted for - and that could be a long process of elimination filled with denial, reluctance and repentance - I highly doubt you'll run into trouble. Those who find themselves in a church, giving back to the community in some way, making an effort to connect with locals, doing day time activities to immerse themselves in the culture, engaging in wholesome hobbies, and just running 'normal' errands like shopping at the market will be much better equipped to avoid danger.

I've traveled to many countries and I've never felt as unsafe as I do in my home country of the United States, and I'm not even in a major city I'm in a small town.

Last edited:
To the contrary if one were to just 'loaf' and have a remote job online, be a ghost at the liturgy once in a blue moon, and hyper focus on meeting a woman he'd say that's misdirected, and I 100% agree and can attest to this firsthand.
Remote work is both a blessing and a curse. I work in a highly technical field and I think the most likely way I could make it financially overseas is to be a remote freelancer offering my services online. This is probably true for many here without knowledge of the local language.

My last job was remote and it felt very isolating at times, but overall it was better than being stuck in a stifling corporate office all day. Most days I only worked five real hours, and in an office I would have to pretend to be working for another three 🤣. I think hybrid is the best way to go though. If you have to work remotely the key is being really proactive in doing things and meeting people outside of work. Including church or language learning, but that alone is not enough.

I generally advise against wifeshopping, because it will bring a lot of problems down the line if you don't like the culture. You'll have better chances of finding a Romanian wife at your local Romanian parish, if you have one. Some priests will also organize activities for parishioners, so that singles can get to know each other. And you also know that she's relatively acclimatized to your home culture. Plus, obviously, she's going to be a believer.

Final point: being single isn't necessarily bad, from a Christian perspective. Trying to crow bar a family into your life can lead to the neglect of other aspects of your spiritual development. I see a lot of people around me sweating it too much and then failing to appreciate other gifts and duties. It's not your decision to have a family, it's one that God will make for you.
At my parish in the Midwest, there are very few single women and I think this is a common problem in the US. It seems like for every woman that we catechize there are five men entering the church. American women have sadly been heavily indoctrinated by the feminist agenda, and they perceive traditional Christianity and patriarchy as a real threat. In Orthodox countries this is generally not an issue even if the number of true believers is quite low.

Like I said before, it's most definitely God's choice if you are going to get married or not, but He is certainly going to be more likely to help you if you demonstrate the Christian virtues including prudence and fortitude. That means being smart about it and giving it your best.

I think hybrid is the best way to go though. If you have to work remotely the key is being really proactive in doing things and meeting people outside of work. Including church or language learning, but that alone is not enough.

Exactly! Glad you didn't take it as me bashing remote workers. I didn't mean it that way as some sort of either or dichotomy. A+ for reading comprehension to you sir lol.

Like I said before, it's most definitely God's choice if you are going to get married or not, but He is certainly going to be more likely to help you if you demonstrate the Christian virtues including prudence and fortitude.
Yes, he's also going to be more likely to help you if there are actually marriageable women around. By definition. Last I checked, there are many men at a minimum seeking the truth and trying to develop their faith, but as you point out, few women (whether their fault or not). This means that it doesn't have to do with anyone's "choice", rather, it's just a reality of that current atmosphere or nation. Put another way, it could be the result of earlier generations choices, but hardly God's in my view. The proof is that I don't think anyone would argue that feminism and the extent to which it took hold is in any way a desire of God for women. Thus, we have to live with other things that have happened as a consequence. Numbers will show that while God could make it work for a small number of men, most others will be necessity or definition be locked out. These are just facts, reality if you will.

I'd say that "prudence and fortitude" really mean going to where the actual women/wives are. Every other thing we do in life uses this same thinking, yet for some reason we suspend it for the marriage idea or quest, which I find bizarre.

And this is where the "liberalization" talk of EE misses the mark. Yes it's more westernized. But when you're talking marriage, family, acceptance from her family, security, you better believe the Orthodox family roots come back quickly. The first hurdle will be convincing your future wife and her family and close friends you're serious and not just a foreigner hunting for a wife. Good luck doing that without a long term stay and connection to the culture. But if you do do that, they will think that much more of you. They are flattered by the effort given to show respect to their country/language and it doesn't go unnoticed.
Could not write it any better. This is exactly how I would imagine it working out in my country if one is an American. People will know you want to make it work and will respect you a lot more when they see their daughters taken seriously.

Worldwide indoctrination. Head for the hills.

Screenshot_20231210_091258_Chrome.jpg

Yes, he's also going to be more likely to help you if there are actually marriageable women around. By definition. Last I checked, there are many men at a minimum seeking the truth and trying to develop their faith, but as you point out, few women (whether their fault or not). This means that it doesn't have to do with anyone's "choice", rather, it's just a reality of that current atmosphere or nation. Put another way, it could be the result of earlier generations choices, but hardly God's in my view. The proof is that I don't think anyone would argue that feminism and the extent to which it took hold is in any way a desire of God for women. Thus, we have to live with other things that have happened as a consequence. Numbers will show that while God could make it work for a small number of men, most others will be necessity or definition be locked out. These are just facts, reality if you will.

I'd say that "prudence and fortitude" really mean going to where the actual women/wives are. Every other thing we do in life uses this same thinking, yet for some reason we suspend it for the marriage idea or quest, which I find bizarre.
Agreed. I was in Serbia for some days - obviously not enough to make a thorough assessment - that said, it was evident how friendly and feminine the women were. I also saw how everyone embraced traditional Serbian culture, music, singing, quality conversations.

I remember getting into multiple conversations about covid vaccines with strangers that wanted to know my opinion, including other topics like LGBT stuff and immigration.

I remember getting back home and feeling deflated, maybe even a bit depressed, because I had found a place I felt as though I belonged, but had to leave. Since then I've been learning the language and finding out more about the culture, politics and, of course, the history of Yugoslavia.

I live in the EU and, admittedly, I never really contemplate the idea of getting married or having a family, because I just don't see many viable options here. But when I was there it all seemed more feasible. Maybe I was just blinded by the experience of being a tourist with no worries. However, it might be worth a shot.

Agreed. I was in Serbia for some days - obviously not enough to make a thorough assessment - that said, it was evident how friendly and feminine the women were. I also saw how everyone embraced traditional Serbian culture, music, singing, quality conversations.

I remember getting into multiple conversations about covid vaccines with strangers that wanted to know my opinion, including other topics like LGBT stuff and immigration.

I remember getting back home and feeling deflated, maybe even a bit depressed, because I had found a place I felt as though I belonged, but had to leave. Since then I've been learning the language and finding out more about the culture, politics and, of course, the history of Yugoslavia.

I live in the EU and, admittedly, I never really contemplate the idea of getting married or having a family, because I just don't see many viable options here. But when I was there it all seemed more feasible. Maybe I was just blinded by the experience of being a tourist with no worries. However, it might be worth a shot.
No place is perfect, as you can see in the homo parade shown above.

But in my experience EE is the closest thing to the way life was in the 80's-90's. I was a kid/teenager back then but people there are just more normal.

No place is perfect, as you can see in the homo parade shown above.

But in my experience EE is the closest thing to the way life was in the 80's-90's. I was a kid/teenager back then but people there are just more normal.
Yep, pretty much. There are still transsexuals and promiscuous women walking around there. But the overall experience is still different.

I wonder what happened to that British guy from RVF who went to EE during corona hoax. He was in Belarus, got nearly deported for refusing to put on a mask, went to Serbia. I think he got rebuffed by some Serbians online for being antivax. Next he was thinking about Latin America.

I wonder what happened to that British guy from RVF who went to EE during corona hoax. He was in Belarus, got nearly deported for refusing to put on a mask, went to Serbia. I think he got rebuffed by some Serbians online for being antivax. Next he was thinking about Latin America.

Bald and Bankrupt?

Were mask mandates really that bad in Eastern Europe?

Lol I remember that guy. Had several pm's with him. Or what of the guy who was living in Ukraine? Actually recommended I move there at one point ...

Lol I remember that guy. Had several pm's with him. Or what of the guy who was living in Ukraine? Actually recommended I move there at one point ...
Yeah that's him. He told me in Ukraine they put some band on his arm, for being not vaxed for something, when he went to McDonalds, he left Ukraine asap said it was ZOG or globohomo country. Wonder what happened to him, he was dead set on not returning to the UK. In Belarus, he got jumped by police for refusing a mask, all over trying to buy a sneakers bar. The reality in Belarus was a bit different from what Lukashenko said (but by now, the main vax/masks champion pro-EU official in Belarus had mysteriously died)

Last edited:
There was a blog going around during The Madness, which I think was by a man in Lithuania, and what he described was utter tyranny. Without the sacrament, you literally couldn't even go to the shopping mall or supermarket, and had to buy food from corner shops.

On an even more sinister note, I remember the guy's name as being Glubo. When I attempted to search on Google, I only entered his name, and the search box autofilled "glubo covid diary", however, nothing came up.

Yeah that's him. He told me in Ukraine they put some band on his arm, for being not vaxed for something, when he went to McDonalds, he left Ukraine asap said it was ZOG or globohomo country. Wonder what happened to him, he was dead set on not returning to the UK. In Belarus, he got jumped by police for refusing a mask, all over trying to buy a sneakers bar. The reality in Belarus was a bit different from what Lukashenko said (but by now, the main vax/masks champion pro-EU official in Belarus had mysteriously died)
Yes I remember he was in Belarus. At different times Estonia and maybe Georgia? He was hopping around trying to find the perfect place and then leaving. No idea what he's doing now.

Back