• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Property / Real Estate As An Investment

Not sure where you live but the countryside where I live is mostly comprised of farmettes and multi-million dollar homesteads, that’s where the wealthy go to live to escape the city not retirees trying to be frugal unless they can find an old small home built 50+ years ago where a boomer or silent gen recently passed and no one in family to inherit the property. Taxes are very high to live rural as most of the $1M homestead neighbors property value will jack up your real estate taxes even if you by a modest older fixer upper home on an acre or so of land. And property repairs and maintenance are very expensive. Also for retirees, there is a lot of time involved to maintain a rural home and yard, and physically demanding that not a lot of retirees can continue to do for the long term.

Yeah good point. I am just going by personal experience through family members. The ones that can do the physical work take to the countryside. Those that can't seem to choose a retirement village.

Both seem good options.

I hope my health sticks with me as I know some old fellas who do a decent little craft business where they can get their stuff into those wealthy homes. I like the idea of that. Grandkids, gardening and working away in the workshop.

It seems some small real estate agencies

One of St. Louis’ Tallest Office Towers, Empty for Years, Sells for Less Than 2% of Its Peak Price​

Another one. It seems it’s becoming a trend.

Burnett Plaza, the tallest building in Fort Worth, has been sold at foreclosure auction for $12.3 million
09/05/2024

Burnett Plaza, the tallest building in Fort Worth, has been sold at foreclosure auction for $12.3 million.

“The previous owner, an affiliate of Opal Holdings based in New York, failed to repay a $13 million loan from Pinnacle, leading to foreclosure proceedings. In 2021, the Opal affiliate acquired the 1 million-square-foot Burnett Plaza at 801 Cherry Street for $137.5 million.”

Back