Military Equipment & Technology Used In The Russian-Ukrainian War

The Russians have been using drones guided by fiber-optic cable that unfurl from a spool in the Kursk region to great effect. They have a knack in finding low-cost practical and ingenious military solutions (see their glide bombs and turtle tanks).

Gotta love the high quality of videos.

On the downside their maneuverability and range are somewhat limited.

Last edited:
I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I couldn't find a "Russian Weapons" or "Military Apparatus" thread anywhere. I wanted to ask if anyone has knowledge about a rumored Russian weapon, based on the Poseidon/Status-6 underwater drone.

I know it is open knowledge that the Poseidons can go extremely fast, very deep, and can carry multi-megaton warheads that can be remotely detonated in the littorals.

Here's the rumor I heard quite a few years ago, but can't find info on: in theory the Russians have the same sort of Poseidon high-speed underwater drone that has a "screw" on the front that can burrow its way into the continental shelf, say off the US east coast. From there it/they can sit silently and wait, and could be remotely detonated by satellite, essentially rendering the east coast under water, irradiated, unliveable for centuries.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

1726507571786.png

Back