• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Lounge of The Russian-Ukrainian War

Friend of mine spent 2 months in Kiev and Odessa last summer, having a great time.

From what I heard from him, it all went back to situation where was before the "conflict". A local tensioned area with a Russian area / Ukrainian inofficial border. No large movement or fightings or deaths in any way. In all these areas normal people are living and working.

I heard house prices rose tremendously in Kiev in the last 2 years and a lot of new appartment building are being built and finished.
Like this: https://stanford.kiev.ua/en/

Great economy, loads of foreign cash. And no impending danger. In the main areas. Some older people are fearing the propaganda of the "war", most younger people just go their ways, are partying in Odessa, chilling at the beach, bars and dancings are full and bustling.

Not all out war.

Fake doesn't mean that no controlled demolition was done in Mariupol, there was ofcourse. And sirens are played quite a bit. But young people are not fearing. Some used it to go study in the west for free, some stayed and enjoyed the Odessa summer.

This image of young men fearing to be enlisted or picked from the streets is utter bs. We are being fooled by another joint US / Russian spectacle.

Friend of mine spent 2 months in Kiev and Odessa last summer, having a great time.

From what I heard from him, it all went back to situation where was before the "conflict". A local tensioned area with a Russian area / Ukrainian inofficial border. No large movement or fightings or deaths in any way. In all these areas normal people are living and working.

I heard house prices rose tremendously in Kiev in the last 2 years and a lot of new appartment building are being built and finished.

Great economy, loads of foreign cash. And no impending danger. In the main areas. Some older people are fearing the propaganda of the "war", most younger people just go their ways, are partying in Odessa, chilling at the beach, bars and dancings are full and bustling.

Not all out war.

Fake doesn't mean that no controlled demolition was done in Mariupol, there was ofcourse. And sirens are played quite a bit. But young people are not fearing. Some used it to go study in the west for free, some stayed and enjoyed the Odessa summer.

This image of young men fearing to be enlisted or picked from the streets is utter bs. We are being fooled by another joint US / Russian spectacle.

The Kiev economy is being propped by $250 billion in western aid being funneled through that city.

Also, the Kiev regime wants to keep as much normalcy in the main cities in order to stave off a popular rebellion. They have been stripping the rest of the country of its men.

Not all out war.

Life goes on even during war. During the final battle for Berlin in WW2 there was a cuban jazz band performing in underground clubs while bombs were dropped outside. That doesn't mean people are not getting killed and real fights are not happening.

During 2014-2022 there was a latent war going on in Donbass and 2-3 soldiers were killed each day. Today we're talking about an average of 80 men killed per day and this is quite a difference, is it not?

I would be curious to see the prices of flats (those that are left) in Avdiivka right now.

Life goes on even during war. During the final battle for Berlin in WW2 there was a cuban jazz band performing in underground clubs while bombs were dropped outside. That doesn't mean people are not getting killed and real fights are not happening.

During 2014-2022 there was a latent war going on in Donbass and 2-3 soldiers were killed each day. Today we're talking about an average of 80 men killed per day and this is quite a difference, is it not?
I don't think 80 per day are killed. And I don't think 2/3 per day were killed back then in the latent conflict.

How do you know? Do you really know? I think the numbers are much lower.

I'm a bit done with all the people here telling me what happens in Ukraine who are not there, just because they watch some US war veterans on YouTube or some Telegram channels. Or many people in church, I think people love the fantasy of a war in a far country. It's essentially the same as the girls in Germany welcoming migrants. Thinking they help moms with 2 kids in their arms cry'ing and not lustful men coming for free cash and easy sex.

It has all the same vibes of Corona, the constant stream of death tolls coming in our house, in the end it was just the flu.
I would be curious to see the prices of flats (those that are left) in Avdiivka right now.

You can take a look here. Logically it's not a blossoming rich region. It hasn't been for long.

I don't think 80 per day are killed. And I don't think 2/3 per day were killed back then in the latent conflict.

Ok. Why?

I'm a bit done with all the people here telling me what happens in Ukraine who are not there, just because they watch some US war veterans on YouTube or some Telegram channels. Or many people in church, I think people love the fantasy of a war in a far country.

With respect, you came into a thread dedicated to updates on the conflict saying “how is the fake war going?” Which in itself comes across as a little snarky and invites people to react.

You also haven’t really provided a lot of substantial reasoning and it’s also a non-falsifiable position, because if anyone says “what about combat footage/testimony?” You can just say “I never said there isn’t some fringe combat in certain areas/special effects”

I’m open to this kind of discussion (though it should be in the Lounge thread) but you’ve got to understand that the position of “this event is fake” is very frustrating.

I don’t expect personal testimony to be taken as gospel, but my belief that this war is real comes from knowing Orthodox Ukrainians who left the country at enormous personal cost, and also having spent two months in Russia where I rented a room in an apartment that I shared with a succession of grieving wives who were visiting their wounded husbands at the military hospital in SPB. So it’s not just from telegram generals.

US Senator Lindsey Graham went to Keeeev yesterday to berate the Ukrainians about not drafting enough men:

He's getting some negative feedback. Someday, Ukrainians will hate Americans. Some are beginning to do so already.

1710868993653.png

US Senator Lindsey Graham went to Keeeev yesterday to berate the Ukrainians about not drafting enough men:

He's getting some negative feedback. Someday, Ukrainians will hate Americans. Some are beginning to do so already.

1710868993653.png
He, specifically, wants them to draft those under 25 - college age kids. Forcing ukraine to send their future generations to feed the grinder would be the death sentence for the ukrainians as a people. They would never be able to recover after losing them.
Still, one might wonder what happened to the ukrainians above 25 ?

Zizek has long been one of ZOG's most cherished "intellectuals."

This clip is part of a longer interwiev:

I only skimmed through it, so can't say if it's worth Your time. This Zizek is not only unhinged, but also disgusting - fat neckbeard playing with his tongue.
But I can't help but agree with him - Russia is, in a way, at war against demonic satanism in ukraine. And it's good to see how critters such as this Zizek or this one

no longer play pretend that its about geopolitics, but openly admit they hate Russia for its Christian values.
However, that part about ukraine giving up their nukes is a myth - ukraine never had nuclear weapons of its own, those were soviet nukes stationed in ukraine, just like American nukes stored in other countries as part of the "nuclear sharing" program do not belong to those host states.
Anyway, made a meme out of it:
zizek.jpg

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Poland, an American Reaper drone lost contact with base, and was forced to perform an emergency landing (default settings) - allegedly due to Russian electronic warfare systems.

From Rybar:
▪️ This particular drone took off from the Romanian airbase Campia Turzii, where the MQ-9A group is located. Poland also has them, but in smaller numbers - two Reapers at the Minsk-Mazowiecki base and two MQ-1Cs at Mielec.
▪️ It is difficult to say for sure whether electronic countermeasures from the Kaliningrad region were the reason for the fall of the American MQ-9A Reaper UAV from the Polish Mirosławiec. But the probability is quite high.
▪️ In the Black Sea water area, the same “Reapers” fly at a distance of over 300 km due to regular suppression by electronic warfare equipment. From time to time you can see how UAVs change their ICAO code to emergency 7600/7700 and return to base.
▪️ But the disadvantage of such an interference from electronic warfare systems is that the problem is quickly eliminated, and drones are quickly replaced on duty with other UAVs. Fortunately, this time the Reaper was unable to return to the departure airfield.

Here's another one

This one is salvageable, but even if the ukrainians can secure the wreckage good luck towing it back - western tanks are roughly 20 tonnes heavier than their soviet/Russian counterparts so they require western recovery vehicles. So there's a good chance that once the fighting is over in that area, Russians will take it as a prize and put it on display in the Patriot Park.

Unless Keeeev is handing out free money to buy houses with, I don't see any way this is possible.
Ukraine's population is at least 12 million fewer than before the war.
Real estate is priced mainly off the two components of demand, desire, and ability to pay.

1) DESIRE/DEMAND: Wikipedia says 1/4 of all Ukrainians have left their homes (only some of those emigrated, with others moving within the country and consolidating with family, but we are still talking about millions). Millions gone, and where is one of the worst places to be? The capital. Would you move to Washington DC if the US started an open war with a strong neighbor?

There are a fixed number of houses in Keev, and when the number of residents drops, it can have a cascading effect, crashing prices. If the population drops by 5%, the price of housing typically drops much MORE than 5%, because only a small portion of the population looks to move in any given year, so you are looking at orders of magnitude of changes in supply and demand. When there are 1.2 houses for every family, the prices of the vacant houses drop quickly.

2) ABILITY TO PAY: The Ukrainian economy is on life support. If you have a job related to supplying the military with food, equipment, or provisions, maybe the money is flowing, but otherwise the economy has come to a standstill and even things like grain exports are difficult. Are banks giving Ukrainians no money down loans? Not a wise move if they are. And if they aren't, I would expect the ability to afford housing is poor.

I have a friend who was living there when the war broke out. He quickly fled, leaving his apartment there. At the time, he planned to move back when the war ended, assuming no one had taken over his property, to take advantage of the cheap country with fewer people.

Expensive housing in Keev? Maybe in one tiny upscale neighborhood. Kind of like you can imagine Brandy on the sinking Titanic might have gone for a very high price.

But there's surely a lot of FREE housing available in Kiev. Abandoned homes from those who fled. Expensive homes? I don't see that. Why would you overpay for a house there, even if you could? A Russian bomb could land on your "investment" tomorrow and then you're screwed.

As for demographics, even Ukrainian and western media admits the Ukrainian demographics are in trouble:

The war in Ukraine has caused the country's birth rate to fall by 28%, official statistics indicate.
Before Russia invaded, up to 23,000 babies were born in Ukraine every month, but this has now fallen to about 16,000.

How do you know? Do you really know? I think the numbers are much lower.
Based on what? Intuition?

The death reports I've seen come from sources who watch Russian and Ukrainian military reports, and who watch every combat video they can get their hands on, down to counting physical bodies in drone footage.

If there is an alternate opinion, let's hear it but "I don't believe X" doesn't really mean much, unless there is a compelling reason to believe something different.

Anyway, what I've seen since the fall of Avdiivka, it's more like 1,000 Ukrainian deaths a day, not 80.

Sergei Shoigu, granted, is a Russian, and one must always take claims of opponent casualties with some suspicion, but this is not a political leader, or a guy with an axe to grind. He's the military strategist, and having the true facts is important, nay vital, to planning an effective strategy.

According to the minister, since the beginning of 2024, the Ukrainian armed forces have lost 71,000 people and 11,000 pieces of military equipment – including four Abrams and five Leopard tanks, 27 Bradley infantry fighting vehicles, six HIMARS launchers, 11 anti-aircraft missile launchers, including five Patriots.

Now, I've seen the footage of the 4 Abrams tanks being destroyed, so at least some of this data is confirmed as true. Could he be mistaken or lying about the number of Ukrainian deaths? Sure, it's possible, but it's a believable data point to me, particularly given no better alternate source.

By the way, those 71,000 deaths this year so far, are 3x what Ukraine lost this time last year.

---------------------------------

On another topic, while Keev apparently did claim that all Russia's missiles were intercepted (lol) in the massive attack yesterday, I heard on US media (NPR I believe) that around 1/3 were intercepted. So apparently US media no longer believes what Keev says anymore. ( I guess it was impossible to report Keev's perfect lie since there is ample footage of things blowing up in Keev all around social media).

As of now, Russia is no longer conducting a special military operation. RUSSIA IS AT WAR.
Expect things to change accordingly going forward.
I would also expect things to get worse internationally (oil, grain, and commodities prices may be in for a shock).

Last edited:
As of now, Russia is no longer conducting a special military operation. RUSSIA IS AT WAR.
I would also expect things to get worse internationally (oil, grain, and commodities prices may be in for a shock).
That was just Peskov - Putin's spokesman, who in the past was considered to be one of the most prominent Russian "doves".
There was no declaration of war, it's still just a special military operation.
From Rybar:
Statements by the press secretary of the Russian President Dmitry Peskov during an interview with the publication “Arguments and Facts”
Main points:
▪️Russia is at war: it all started as a special operation, but the participation of the West turned it into a war.
▪️Part of Russian territory is de facto occupied by the Kiev regime, new regions need to be liberated and people there safe.
▪️Russia will continue to act so that Ukraine’s military potential cannot threaten the security of its citizens and territory.
▪️Russia cannot allow the existence on its borders of a state that has a documented intention to use any methods to take Crimea away from it, not to mention the territory of new regions.
UPD. Later, Dmitry Peskov clarified that no legal changes have occurred regarding the status of the SVO: de jure it is a special military operation, but de facto it has turned into a war.

John Mearsheimer for the hour, talking about Ukraine and Gaza.

US has failed strategically and a multipolar world is inevitable.

There are two basic schools of thought in geopolitics: Realism and Liberalism. He discusses each.

Says this is a war of elites. Neither Ukrainians nor Americans (<20%) believe Ukraine can win this war. Only the elites do.

"In my opinion, no country on the planet should trust the Americans"

In the 90s, we were idolized by the world. Now we are hated and distrusted.

Last edited:
Unless Keeeev is handing out free money to buy houses with, I don't see any way this is possible.
Real estate is priced mainly off the two components of demand, desire, and ability to pay.

1) DESIRE/DEMAND: Wikipedia says 1/4 of all Ukrainians have left their homes (only some of those emigrated, with others moving within the country and consolidating with family, but we are still talking about millions). Millions gone, and where is one of the worst places to be? The capital. Would you move to Washington DC if the US started an open war with a strong neighbor?

There are a fixed number of houses in Keev, and when the number of residents drops, it can have a cascading effect, crashing prices. If the population drops by 5%, the price of housing typically drops much MORE than 5%, because only a small portion of the population looks to move in any given year, so you are looking at orders of magnitude of changes in supply and demand. When there are 1.2 houses for every family, the prices of the vacant houses drop quickly.

2) ABILITY TO PAY: The Ukrainian economy is on life support. If you have a job related to supplying the military with food, equipment, or provisions, maybe the money is flowing, but otherwise the economy has come to a standstill and even things like grain exports are difficult. Are banks giving Ukrainians no money down loans? Not a wise move if they are. And if they aren't, I would expect the ability to afford housing is poor.

I have a friend who was living there when the war broke out. He quickly fled, leaving his apartment there. At the time, he planned to move back when the war ended, assuming no one had taken over his property, to take advantage of the cheap country with fewer people.

Expensive housing in Keev? Maybe in one tiny upscale neighborhood. Kind of like you can imagine Brandy on the sinking Titanic might have gone for a very high price.

But there's surely a lot of FREE housing available in Kiev. Abandoned homes from those who fled. Expensive homes? I don't see that. Why would you overpay for a house there, even if you could? A Russian bomb could land on your "investment" tomorrow and then you're screwed.

As for demographics, even Ukrainian and western media admits the Ukrainian demographics are in trouble:

The death reports I've seen come from sources who watch Russian and Ukrainian military reports, and who watch every combat video they can get their hands on, down to counting physical bodies in drone footage.

If there is an alternate opinion, let's hear it but "I don't believe X" doesn't really mean much, unless there is a compelling reason to believe something different.

Anyway, what I've seen since the fall of Avdiivka, it's more like 1,000 Ukrainian deaths a day, not 80.

Sergei Shoigu, granted, is a Russian, and one must always take claims of opponent casualties with some suspicion, but this is not a political leader, or a guy with an axe to grind. He's the military strategist, and having the true facts is important, nay vital, to planning an effective strategy.

Now, I've seen the footage of the 4 Abrams tanks being destroyed, so at least some of this data is confirmed as true. Could he be mistaken or lying about the number of Ukrainian deaths? Sure, it's possible, but it's a believable data point to me, particularly given no better alternate source.

By the way, those 71,000 deaths this year so far, are 3x what Ukraine lost this time last year.

On another topic, while Keev apparently did claim that all Russia's missiles were intercepted (lol) in the massive attack yesterday, I heard on US media (NPR I believe) that around 1/3 were intercepted. So apparently US media no longer believes what Keev says anymore. ( I guess it was impossible to report Keev's perfect lie since there is ample footage of things blowing up in Keev all around social media).

The people planning this war must know exactly how things are going to play out. If real estate prices are rising, the people in the know must have told their wealthy friends and family. Once the architects of this war have decided that enough nationalistic young slavic/white men have died/been displaced, they'll "build back better" with Blackrock and unlimited immigrants.

Fiat money being pump into the country at a rapid rate with a small group benefiting. Same as most Western globohomo nations. Ukrainian politicians can afford new Rolls Royces on Ukrainian parliamentary salary.

He, specifically, wants them to draft those under 25 - college age kids. Forcing ukraine to send their future generations to feed the grinder would be the death sentence for the ukrainians as a people. They would never be able to recover after losing them.
Still, one might wonder what happened to the ukrainians above 25 ?
Oh he definitely wants to do things to under 25 age males. Draft them, maybe not so much.

You have no clue what you are talking about and are just reporting propaganda.

Yes if there was a war, and if people all fled, and if they sold their houses, and if there was no demand, and money left the country, prices would go down.

But that's just not the case.

House prices:

Even during the height of the fake war, house prices rose 10% YoY and currently they rise at 17% YoY.
As someone else said, loads of free printed cash flows into the country which is used to buy up properties.

Who are buying these properties? Are the peasants buying? Or some elites loaded in cash? Or some American investment funds?

You are stuck in the dialectical "Ukraine" vs "Russia" dynamic. Just look at the ground, book a ticket, book a hotel.

Book a nice hotel in your "war' area. Read the most recent reviews. How everyone enjoys the peaceful nature. And the luxury.

Hotels are full. (The Western Europeans peasant tourists are still full of fear) The Ukrainians enjoy life with the new free helicopter money.

Back