• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Lifter's Lounge

My workouts have currently transformed (degenerated?) into marathon high rep calisthenics sessions with some higher intensity cardio mixed in. It's good fun for now.

I spent years building up my legs so I don't feel too bad hitting upper body 3x a week and legs once. Pullup dip one day, pushup row one day, leg medley although I will add weight here, then handstand work and more chins. I don't want to bother getting into static stuff or weighted movements until I get to higher reps on the dips and chins and lose some weight.

Bear crawls for time are surprisingly challenging and it completely trashes my abs, shoulder girdle, and quads for some silly reason. Highly recommended for conditioning even though they look really dumb.

Not sure if this topic has been covered yet, but I couldn't find anything in search.

This topic of gym-thots is getting really bad, and I actually cancelled my gym membership as a result of it.
We need to bring back old-school men-only gyms. The old sweaty grungy places like in the past. No girls allowed.
Even though almost all gym chains now have women-only sections, I only ever see Muslim women using them. Most women hang around the machines and flirt in the free-weight section. They occupy machines and sit there chatting on their phones, taking selfies of their bums, and blocking others from using the equipment. I now just do lighter weights and calisthenics at home, and maybe it's for the best.

It's actually insane how slutty most women dress now at the gym. Form fitting thin leggings/shorts that are scientifically designed to make their asses look as good as possible , with """sports bras""" that are effectively normal bras, showing cleavage and 3/4 of their torso. What's crazy is they might consider these outfits too slutty for other situations, but apparently they're okay at the gym. They try to claim it's for "comfort". Yeah, I refuse to believe that booty lifting leggings that ride up your crack are somehow more comfortable than loose fitting shorts or normal athletic pants. They might also claim they just want to feel sexy and dress for "themselves" which is literally just narcissism in action.

These outfit choices have basically become the default outfit for most women. I have started staring at them with no remorse, if they wanna dress like that that's their choice, but I'm going to oogle them all day. I personally don't find it distracting, in fact iirc some studies reveal the presence of hot women can increase your strength, but what bothers me is the arrogance of thinking they can dress like hoes and simultaneously play victim when men check them out, this is unprecedented levels of narcissism and delusion.

Last edited:
Agreed. I was thinking the same already for a good 5 years now. I joked that I unwillingly became a gynecologist while going to the gym during my time in Sweden. The biggest flaw in the thinking of the modern female is that really everybody enjoys seeing it while at the same time every man is having normal intimacy and there are no downsides to this.

I always compare it to teasing a hungry animal with a steak, only to take it away. Redpilled some women on that subject, but they really did not like hearing it the first time.

One could write a satirical article about it, like the one that got Roosh into trouble back in the day.

Some women are just too attractive to be wearing those outfits in a coed gym. I believe God made them beautiful, and men shouldn't stare, and that leggings and yoga pants are the closest thing to nudity and men can't subject themselves to it and not expect to be affected. But everyone acts like its perfectly normal and men shouldn't be stimulated by it. Having been away from the gym and college age girls for a few days, I realized today how unnatural it all is- it is like teasing a hungry animal with a steak and taking it away. But such is the state of the modern world.

Men, the next time you're at the gym surrounded by a bevy of beauties in revealing attire, tell yourself you're in a strip club with weights but you're not supposed to look.

Last edited:
Some women are just too attractive to be wearing those outfits in a coed gym. I believe God made them beautiful, and men shouldn't stare, and that leggings and yoga pants are the closest thing to nudity and men can't subject themselves to it and not expect to be affected. But everyone acts like its perfectly normal and men shouldn't be stimulated by it. Having been away from the gym and college age girls for a few days, I realized today how unnatural it all is- it is like teasing a hungry animal with a steak and taking it away. But such is the state of the modern world.

Men, the next time you're at the gym surrounded by a bevy of beauties in revealing attire, tell yourself you're in a strip club with weights but you're not supposed to look.

Patrice O'Neal (rip) used a perfect analogy to describe women in the workplace, and this applies to the gym or any other spaces where women have invaded a traditionally male space; it's like a salmon dipping itself in honey while surrounded by bears and then demanding it not be eaten. It really is unnatural, but women refuse to accept male (and human) nature.

437784187_756804659921524_2267562262756524720_n.jpg

I'm trying to find the motivation to lift 3 or 4 times per week

I do plenty of low level and high intensity cardio but generally lift only 1-2 times per week and remain built like a slightly muscular runner.

How many of you are actually lifting 3 or more days per week?

Would you say you actually individually train each upper body muscle - pectorals, biceps, abdominals, obliques, triceps, latissimus dorsi - 3 times a week? If so, that is 3 times more than I generally do..

I do deadlifts and squats but worry less about lower body because of all the running and occasional racquet sports. Can probably leave that at one session of deadlifts and one session of squats per week, but that other stuff I'm concerned about.

My gym is easy to get to so that is not really an excuse..

Last edited:
Two hours of sleep a night? Man, if I could actually pull that off, I could work 2 jobs.
If true, and I have heard some people can sleep this little, it is a genetic gift, such as being tall. I tried to get by on 4 to 5 hours for a few months in a row and I got extremely sick. Unfortunately, most of us need at least 6 hours of sleep and since this is a lifting thread, 7 to 8 hours is more optimal.

I don't think I could ever get to this level.

99% of men never could, even with the best training and diet. I don't think even 95% could with the best training, diet, and steroids. That is insane genetics. Don't compare yourself to others. Can he run and jump into a fox hole without blowing a joint or tearing a muscle? Who knows, maybe he can, maybe he cannot, but that is much more useful in a real-world situation and doing curls.

I do plenty of low level and high intensity cardio but generally lift only 1-2 times per week and remain built like a slightly muscular runner.

Would you say you actually individually train each upper body muscle - pectorals, biceps, abdominals, obliques, triceps, latissimus dorsi - 3 times a week? If so, that is 3 times more than I generally do..

I do deadlifts and squats but worry less about lower body because of all the running and occasional racquet sports. Can probably leave that at one session of deadlifts and one session of squats per week, but that other stuff I'm concerned about.

3 days a week would be good, 4 better but two days a week you can get away with it especially if you're being active the other days which you said you are with the cardio. All that HIT cardio may keep you from putting on a lot of muscle but still it's not as if the lifting wouldn't have an impact and value, that's a whole other conversation. At the least separate your cardio and resistance days, but you said 1-2 days a week so that should be fine that's actually a really nice routine combined with the lifting.

Right now my weekly lifting target is a 4 day split:

Back/bi
Leg/shoulder
Chest/tri
Light full body

If i only made it in 3 days I wouldn't do the full body and if it were only two days for whatever reason my split would look like this:

Chest/shoulders/tris
Legs/back/bi's

I stretch and do a set of pull ups, dips, push ups and abs to warm up and another set of them at the end of my workout. This is no matter what my workout is, even if I'm only there for cardio.

I keep it simple, I know there are some crazy splits and routines and I'm sure they're all fine but I'm not an athlete or competitor anymore so I prefer simplicity.

My workouts are generally 30-45 minutes and I do powerlifts and I push myself. I don't bring my phone in, I try not to socialize and I've conditioned myself not to rest much between sets. My goal is to get my workout in and get on with my day it's just a normal part of the day, the gym is not some big two three hour event and again I'm not training for anything specific so there is no need for that.

Also you don't need to get all crazy with it and destroy your body but you need to push yourself. I don't mean push yourself as in stupid weight and weird workouts but you need to be in there getting a hard workout in huffing and puffing, if you're just going through the motions don't waste your time honestly.

I've recently rededicated myself to the gym after the winter and dealing with some personal stuff where I wasn't going as often as I would like and got a little fluffy, results from resistance training is really nice to see it makes you feel good and look good.

Last edited:

Sounds like you are already very active, with the running and racquet sports. This will already put strain on your legs, so I wouldn't see a reason to lift your legs more than one day a week with this schedule. Add to it, depending on your age, I wouldn't see a need to lift more than three times a week. Everyone is different, but I have tried some new things that has greatly decreased by time lifting and I have grown, gotten better results, and feel a lot better. Granted, I am in my mid 40's, so, someone that is 23 will have more energy to put into weights that I have.

I work my second job with an athletic trainer. By athletic trainer, he trains high level athletes primarily, then will do personal training for the average joe as well. And for the high-level athletes, the typical "big three" power lifts are limited. A lot of the training is on one leg, twisting, plyometrics, "safe" explosion (kettle bells and medicine balls v. barbell), etc. My point being, there are many ways to train, but unless you are trying to compete in a power lifting contest, the path of doing super heavy lifts that put stress and compression on your spine, is not needed. Especially if you train your legs one at a time.

Here is what I am doing...

Sunday - Heavy legs. I do a heavy set of partial rep hex bar deadlifts. This keeps the weight off my spine, but forces my lower back and legs to drive the weight about half the distance. I am training for my vertical leap, so I need the most strength in this range. Outside of this one lift, this day starts with plyometrics/uphill sprints/max jumps, then the heavy deadlift. Then I do a full depth one leg split squat. A negative one leg 90 degree squat. A set of hamstrings, and finish out with calves and hip flexors.

Monday - no lifting

Tuesday - Pushing. I get this workout done in about 45 minutes, about half of that time is resting. I go to complete failure on bench (3 to 7 reps), then rest 30 seconds and go to complete failure on a set of flies. Rest a good 5 minutes or so, then I go to complete failure on close grip bench, followed by complete failure on some knee down pushups, followed by tri pushdowns. The last few reps I really focus on time under tension. When I am done, I am really done. Last, I do some anterior delts and then lateral delts, same fashion, complete burndown, focus on time under tension at the end.

Wednesday - Plyometrics/max jumps/uphill sprints

Thursday - Off

Friday - Pulling. I throw military on this day, same process as above, complete failure, drop the weight off, bar only, complete failure. Followed by wide grip pullups, 30 seconds, burn out with lat pull downs. Followed by back rows, same process. Reverse curls, same process. Curls, same process. Rear Delts and Lateral Delts, same process.

Later in the day I will run some flat sprints and do some max jumps

Saturday - Off

Since you run and play sports, and I don't, that would replace Wednesday and the Friday spirts/plyos/jumps. In this case, I would only be in the gym about 2 hours a week over three days.

Thanks for the replies. Over the years people have told me to put on more muscle however all I seem to be able to care about is running certain distances under certain times, having less fat and being more cut and being able to do at least 10 chinups and at least 20 dips.

But while I was doing those fasts of up to 6 days to try to reach the fat goal, I'm now thinking to try more seriously to put on a bit of muscle, still do the running but stop obsessing about getting under certain times as sort of cancels out other kind of progress.

I've had people tell me over the years that I'm very lean but should put on more muscle.

3 days a week would be good, 4 better but two days a week you can get away with it especially if you're being active the other days which you said you are with the cardio.
So instead of having just once per week 3x10 bench, 3x10 shoulder press, 3x10 bicep curls etc, I am thinking that that needs to occur every 2nd or at most 3rd day rather than every 7th day.

There should never be a period of more than 3 days where one does not bench, bicep curl etc
At the least separate your cardio and resistance days
I have never done that! Just that when its resistance, I try to keep the cardio to a lower amount. Often I'm enjoying it too much to stop though.. But will work on being disciplined and having resistance with no more than a 20 minute warm up.
I stretch and do a set of pull ups, dips, push ups and abs to warm up and another set of them at the end of my workout. This is no matter what my workout is, even if I'm only there for cardio.
I also always to pull-ups and dips
I don't bring my phone in
I sometimes bring it in to put on a podcast while on the treadmill or stair machine but for no other reason, then when I'm finished I take it back to the locker and get onto the weights. On some rare occasion live every 6 months I'm expecting some important call and just have to have it with me but it's almost never thankfully.

Something I've neglected is seated row and lat pulldown. Also neglected the tricep pushdowns may try to restart it.

I saw the potential to injure the back trying to do shoulder presses that were too heavy the other day, better build up to that.

Thanks for the replies. Over the years people have told me to put on more muscle however all I seem to be able to care about is running certain distances under certain times, having less fat and being more cut and being able to do at least 10 chinups and at least 20 dips.

But while I was doing those fasts of up to 6 days to try to reach the fat goal, I'm now thinking to try more seriously to put on a bit of muscle, still do the running but stop obsessing about getting under certain times as sort of cancels out other kind of progress.

I've had people tell me over the years that I'm very lean but should put on more muscle.

So instead of having just once per week 3x10 bench, 3x10 shoulder press, 3x10 bicep curls etc, I am thinking that that needs to occur every 2nd or at most 3rd day rather than every 7th day.

There should never be a period of more than 3 days where one does not bench, bicep curl etc

I have never done that! Just that when its resistance, I try to keep the cardio to a lower amount. Often I'm enjoying it too much to stop though.. But will work on being disciplined and having resistance with no more than a 20 minute warm up.

I also always to pull-ups and dips

I sometimes bring it in to put on a podcast while on the treadmill or stair machine but for no other reason, then when I'm finished I take it back to the locker and get onto the weights. On some rare occasion live every 6 months I'm expecting some important call and just have to have it with me but it's almost never thankfully.

Something I've neglected is seated row and lat pulldown. Also neglected the tricep pushdowns may try to restart it.

I saw the potential to injure the back trying to do shoulder presses that were too heavy the other day, better build up to that.

I wouldn't listen to anybody, if you like cardio and it makes you feel good then keep doing what you're doing. I know some people who get euphoric from running it's a release for them, that was sure as heck never me I joke that cardio is how God punishes me for my sins. The only thing I will say is that in this world the way things are now it's good to have some size, it's good to make people think twice before they decide to challenge you or decide if you're a target. I don't expect everyone to subscribe to that mentality but the world has become a less hospitable place lately and everyone is trying to get a piece of someone else it seems. I remember on the old forum so many guys would say "I want to look like brad pitt in fight club".....brad pitt in fight club would get his ass handed to him by high school kids and girls would see him as a novelty toy, always laughed at that.

For power lifts (shoulder presses, chest presses, dead lifts, squats, lunges, maybe even rows) I would add a little more weight and do less reps, save the ten reps for the accessory lifts. Also not sure why you're specifically concentrating on those 3 exercises and also 3 days apart as a rule is probably overkill. Honestly you're overthinking it a bit, I don't mean in this in a negative way at all but you seem like an extreme beginner from some of these things you're saying, it would benefit you to just keep things simple. Have you ever had any kind of athletic training where strength was prioritized? Being able to do 10 pull ups and 20 dips is not necessarily a lofty thing whatsoever, especially being in shape and lean. I don't say that to put you down I say that to illustrate your inexperience and to compel you to keep things simple for now.

Here is a beginner sample workout with generalizations instead of specific exercises, you can fill them in as you prefer:

Stretch/Pull ups/Dips/Push ups to warm up before each workout and again after workout

Monday Chest/Tris
Some type of chest press
Cable fly's or pec deck
Second type of chest press variation
Pull down tricep exercise
Underhand or single handed tricep exercise

Tuesday Back/Bi's
Deadlifts (skip if you have back issues)
Some type of row, I prefer seated
Shrugs
Second row variation or stiff arm pull downs if you skipped deadlifts
Machine or bar bicep exercise
Dumbell bicep exercise
(for biceps try to get straight, hammer and rotating grips all in there)

Wednesday off or cardio

Thursday Legs/Shoulders

Squats or Lunges
Calves
Another leg exercise
Some type of shoulder press variation
Lateral, upright or front rows
Rear delt exercise
(shoulders are really important for size and physique, they are often overlooked don't be afraid to work them hard there are many shoulder exercise variations)

Friday off or cardio

Saturday light full body

Pick two exercises for each body part, arms maybe just one. You don't have to go all out here you can do less sets, you've already hit every body part this weekend this is kinda just like finishing them off

Sunday off

You can skip the full body day if you're only lifting 3 days a week and just space out the others, mind you if you're exercising doing your cardio on other days you're still working your muscles.

Lots of ways to skin this cat, this is just an example. Don't fixate on rules and specifics there is no need for that yet, maybe in the future when you learn what your body responds to and what needs more work things of that nature.

I am currently dieting hard to lose weight so my routine at the moment is.

5 sets pullups
5 sets dips
5 sets leg movement, deadlift, whatever

Twice a week.

However, if you want to gain muscle lifting twice a week, it'd be easiest to do full body 5 sets of everything.

General rule of thumb, you want 10 sets a week of a particular movement to grow within the rep range of 6 reps to 15.

So your routine would be something like

Day 1

Squat 5 sets
Bench 5 sets
Row 5 sets
Military press 5 sets
heavier ab exercise 5 sets
curl, tricep extension 3 sets
Calf raises 5 sets
Hamstring exercise, could be deadlift 5 sets

Day 2 could be the same routine, or a lighter one that still gets a lot of work in.

Front squat 5 sets
Dip 5 sets
Pullup 5 sets
Whatever low load shoulder exercise, lateral raises for example 5 sets
Abs, perhaps crunch machine
Calves
Hamstrings, lighter exercise like leg curl

Last edited:
Back