• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

How can you you enjoy adulthood as much as childhood?

I think as an adult and as you age it gets increasingly difficult to recapture the thrills and excitement one experienced in childhood and early adulthood. The best you can do is not overcommit your finances and time to things that are of low priority or non pleasurable. The money and time you free up will give you a greater sense of both peace and pleasure.

I have observed that those who have gone through pain (physical, mental) and accepted it develop into more gracious adults.

I think the cross makes us grow; as hard as it sounds for those who are suffering.

Modern society is about the denial of pain, or the elimination of pain and the maximization of pleasure. When I look at euthanasia and hear their stories, I realize that the balance of pain and pleasure has shifted to the negative side and the conclusion is clear. Life is not worth living.

The pain can be extremely harsh, excruciating, as we can read in Job, and as I have experienced in my personal life.

Our faith is tested in pain; I believe that it is in pain that we can get closer to God, and in harsh pain, we are asked, "Do we choose God or the world?"

If we choose the world, we might kill ourselves, as there is nothing there.

When we grow older, we come closer to the cross, closer to Jesus, closer to God, in our own personal experience.

What used to be just Bible stories, starts to live and become deeply personal experiences.

In the bible children and their emotional state is not this important. While in modern society we are always encouraged to experience child-like joy again, to keep thinking like children, keep that "wonder". We are encouraged to stay children.

Would we trade in our pain and become carefree children again?

In the world, this would be a definitive yes. In God's Kingdom, it's different.

As Paul wrote:

"Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."

Well said. Indeed, one time I met a Priest who had suffered extensively, more than most people would ever know. I asked him, "Is suffering necessary for salvation?"

"There is no such thing as suffering. Only another opportunity to draw closer to God."

Would we trade in our pain and become carefree children again?
I've answered this question too regarding the more simpleton people (I have nothing against them) that go through life relatively happy because of their lack of awareness of the larger realities of the universe. I wouldn't trade my position of understanding and thus suffering for anything. Why? I love the truth. What's more, I have been given other gifts that also make some of the tradeoffs more palatable. We forget that frequently. Something that others don't realize about simple people is that they don't always understand what the plan is. We know what God is doing and our goal will therefore be to try to stave off ego and carry that cross, because we know where it leads, ultimately.

I think as an adult and as you age it gets increasingly difficult to recapture the thrills and excitement one experienced in childhood and early adulthood.
Yes, this is what people are seeking to regain, mainly like drug addicts that chase the dragon; they try to recapture those first instances, and mostly they do it in vain or foolishly, as they know that's impossible. Your post is also correct in that as you age, if you have longer time preference and disicipline, you can get to a place with much greater peace because you have prioritized the right things and have more freedom. Most don't do that. Then, it gets even better: you can help them later in life, as responsibly choose, and gather treasures in heaven.
"There is no such thing as suffering. Only another opportunity to draw closer to God."
He stated it this way for effect, but admits that yes it is in fact the case. In suffering we learn obedience, and that is what paradoxically makes us free. Why some people have some struggles and others don't we'll never know. As I said, what we do know is what God is doing, and why should we doubt that he has the best in mind/plan for us?

When you're a kid it's easy to be happy and carefree. You have school, which is like a ready made mini society that you can feel a part of regardless of your status, and which gives you a sense of direction. You have your friends and plenty of time to play and be carefree and silly. And you have your young age, which makes it easy to stumble through without worrying too much about mistakes or responsibilities. Most people's happiest years were their childhood and youth years.

But when you're well into adulthood, it's very different. You have responsibilities and financial considerations (and possibly difficulties), you might have kids of your own to deal with (which can be a pleasure as well as a burden). You've got to work, usually at a job that isn't that satisfying, maybe long hours that make it hard to really make the best of your free time. And most other people in the same situation have their own concerns, making the possibility of having good times quite limited.

It may or may not be possible to recapture the level of happiness from childhood when you're well into adulthood. But what I'd like to ask is, how can you capture as much of that feeling as possible? I don't mean being like a kid again, I just mean living a joyful, happy, fun adult life. There's nothing wrong with responsibilities and so on, but surely there's a way to have great phases in life once you're an adult.

I'm thinking staying fit, healthy and youthful and being reasonably wealthy would make it possible, as well as living in a culture that is generally happy. Also, hanging out with younger people (if they'll accept you).

What do you think?
Look past the lies of the prevailing culture, such as progressive values, and materialism. De-condition yourself. This is best done through meditation (I like Eastern Thought in this one aspect). Then draft out what you want to do, now that you actually know yourself rather than what they want you to be, and hold yourself to the standards that allow you to continue being independent.

Always remember, that due to neurochemical hedonics, that rote materialism and status chasing will never bring fulfillment.

This process will take a few years, and is far more nuanced than my post here, but once it´s complete, I´ve found adulthood to be better than being a childhood. I do admit that the in-between period is restless and painful.

1000004346.jpg

Every comment I've given a "like" has a kernel of truth about being a content adult. There are more throughout this thread, too, of course, but remaining curious and having a mission is what will make your life "happy" as an adult. That's basically it. I second @Johnnyvee 's comment about genetic potential, as well. Easier for me to see, maybe, because I've been a late bloomer in basically every way.

Most of all, seriously, was childhood really all that great? You had curfews, rules, homework, bullies, and everything is way more scary because you're all too aware of how little you actually know. Other Millennials who pine for their childhoods confuse me.

How do you enjoy adulthood as much as your childhood? You probably won't. But you can start by letting your childhood go. There was a time for that. Now it's time to move on.

One of the strangest quirks of leftists is how they are essentially overgrown children. They cling to all the things they loved as a kid. They never put the childish things away.

Being responsible and being there for people who need you is where it's at, at least for me anyway. Exercise Christ-like love towards people. Make it a point to be a good influence in their life.

How do you enjoy adulthood as much as your childhood? You probably won't. But you can start by letting your childhood go. There was a time for that. Now it's time to move on.

One of the strangest quirks of leftists is how they are essentially overgrown children. They cling to all the things they loved as a kid. They never put the childish things away.

Being responsible and being there for people who need you is where it's at, at least for me anyway. Exercise Christ-like love towards people. Make it a point to be a good influence in their life.
Agreed. Find ways to give your children the same childhood you had… access to the outdoors, no screen time, etc. i imagine that’s the closest we will get in our adult lives

Personally, I found that having children and watching them explore the world, where everything was new and exciting, it brought me back to moments of innocence and curiosity that I had not felt since I was a child. Watching my children get excited over a stick, a rock, bugs, the difference in leaves, building sandcastles, blowing a white dandelion, etc. was as much fun for me, as I think it was for them.

Personally, I found that having children and watching them explore the world, where everything was new and exciting, it brought me back to moments of innocence and curiosity that I had not felt since I was a child. Watching my children get excited over a stick, a rock, bugs, the difference in leaves, building sandcastles, blowing a white dandelion, etc. was as much fun for me, as I think it was for them.
Popping bubble wrap can be quite entertaining. Going to a stream, river or lake and skipping rocks or just tossing them in to make a “bloop” sound. I don’t think there is a child anywhere that isn’t entertained by that.

Popping bubble wrap can be quite entertaining. Going to a stream, river or lake and skipping rocks or just tossing them in to make a “bloop” sound. I don’t think there is a child anywhere that isn’t entertained by that.

I had an interesting experience recently, and this reminded me of it.

My son had a lacrosse game a fair ways out of town, and the only way to get there on time with minimal stress was if I took the afternoon off work, picked him up from school at lunch and just drove there a few hours early. Another one of his teammates was going to do the same, so we decided to meet at some point before the game for a snack.

My son and I went to a lake and were going to go for a swim and then throw the ball around, but the wind was brutal and we decided to find a river somewhere so we could throw some rocks. As we are getting into the truck, we get a call from his teammate's father seeing if we are there and wanted to meet up. Now, this family has a lot of money. Very well off, well educated but are also very into sports. Their son is a good athlete. The boys have been friends since kindergarten but I only really know the dad superficially. I tell him that my son and I are going to head to the river and throw rocks and they are welcome to join. There was a long, almost confused pause, then he says sure. They tell me where they are and we drive to meet them, and they follow us to the river.

I don't think I have ever seen the other boy so excited. He had never thrown rocks before, never skipped a rock. Perhaps never even been dirty. I went upriver a bit and found some wood that I would toss into the river and the boys stood on the bank and tried to hit the wood as it floated by. The dad and I just talked, and we could hear the yells of excitement from the boys. There is something old in that way of chatting; tossing stones and wood and just enjoying the spring runoff and the warm sun. I know it might not be memorable for my son, as we have done this more times than I can count. But for the other boy, he will likely remember it forever.

I had an interesting experience recently, and this reminded me of it.

My son had a lacrosse game a fair ways out of town, and the only way to get there on time with minimal stress was if I took the afternoon off work, picked him up from school at lunch and just drove there a few hours early. Another one of his teammates was going to do the same, so we decided to meet at some point before the game for a snack.

My son and I went to a lake and were going to go for a swim and then throw the ball around, but the wind was brutal and we decided to find a river somewhere so we could throw some rocks. As we are getting into the truck, we get a call from his teammate's father seeing if we are there and wanted to meet up. Now, this family has a lot of money. Very well off, well educated but are also very into sports. Their son is a good athlete. The boys have been friends since kindergarten but I only really know the dad superficially. I tell him that my son and I are going to head to the river and throw rocks and they are welcome to join. There was a long, almost confused pause, then he says sure. They tell me where they are and we drive to meet them, and they follow us to the river.

I don't think I have ever seen the other boy so excited. He had never thrown rocks before, never skipped a rock. Perhaps never even been dirty. I went upriver a bit and found some wood that I would toss into the river and the boys stood on the bank and tried to hit the wood as it floated by. The dad and I just talked, and we could hear the yells of excitement from the boys. There is something old in that way of chatting; tossing stones and wood and just enjoying the spring runoff and the warm sun. I know it might not be memorable for my son, as we have done this more times than I can count. But for the other boy, he will likely remember it forever.
Yep, also just get a big cardboard box and a blanket to toss over it and a flashlight. Instant indoor fort /cave to survive a brutal make believe blizzard.

One thing video touches on very well is that expectations often take a lot of excitement out of life. The older one gets the more expectations one has because you've been through more. But children have less expectations about the present moment because they haven't been through much. A key point in enjoying life really is having fewer expectations.

One thing video touches on very well is that expectations often take a lot of excitement out of life. The older one gets the more expectations one has because you've been through more. But children have less expectations about the present moment because they haven't been through much. A key point in enjoying life really is having fewer expectations.

Actually the video is stupid doomer content with the goal of pushing people more towards despair, rendering them inactive and controllable. Way too much of that in this sphere parading as red pill truths or just accepting reality and setting the bar low for yourself in life. Expectations differ in children than in adults. No shit Sherlock.

Not surprising it was posted by a guy who doesn’t know we live on a sphere, difficult to go anywhere in life with that sort of brain power.

Anyhow, I’d like to point out if it isn’t obvious already, that anything pushing you towards despair and depression is straight from Satan. Thoughts like it will never get better, or you can’t be redeemed, or are unforgivable or some other nonsense. Even videos like the above have a demonic component if you can discern it.

We all have to bear our crosses and suffer at times that’s true. But compounding it with useless doomer and fear content is another thing altogether.

This is such low-quality zoomer bait it's unreal. There's a bunch of channels exactly like this one, wojakslop is a whole genre now, because these videos are really easy to make and because they get views real easily since lonely young men love wojaks. They see a wojak in the thumbnail and a title like "growing up as an UGLY guy", and they think it'll make them feel better somehow about the fact that they can't get a girlfriend. It will not make them feel better. That's a real video btw, take a look:

1719283949312.png

Half a million views btw. I would like to add that MilleniaThinker here, although still despair-inducing slop, is way better than the rest of the wojakslop channels in terms of effort, it's got some actual animation going on, like walk cycles and moving mouths and whatnot, but most of these wojakslop channels don't do any of that, and what they make is really easy to make. Give me a wojak folder, GIMP, some kind of TTS, and any video editing software, and I could absolutely pop one out in like 2 hours tops.

The schtick of these channels is that they use wojaks and they point out (over and over, endlessly) that the world sucks arse right now. Real groundbreaking stuff. I've watched these videos, they just present depressing problems and offer no solutions beyond maybe fortune cookie platitudes, extremely simple advice you could just as easily get from any random stoner or drunk old guy at a bar, or at best, in some cases maybe there's like a Jesus wojak, or the main character wojak starts hitting the gym or whatever, as if anyone who wasn't already a Christian would look at the Jesus wojak and go "wow, I should go to church", or as if lonely young men need to be told that the gym is good for them. They know the gym is good for them. If they don't go, it's because they are too demoralized to go, and it's going to take a lot more than wojaks to help them with that. Literally zero brainpower goes into these videos. It's just pointlessly depressing content, possibly on purpose like Rational1 said.

You're telling me that being an adult is harder than being a kid? I've never thought about it like that, you're telling me that for the first time, never could've figured it out on my own, thanks wojakslop!

Last edited:
Back