How can you you enjoy adulthood as much as childhood?

Personally, I enjoy adulthood much more than I enjoyed childhood. I actually understand the world now. I actually have social skills now. I actually have power over my life now. If I want to feel carefree and have fun like a child, I'll just boot up one of the many videogames I enjoy. I have my own money to spend on the things I like, and the things I care about. I don't need to beg my parents for that new tech gadget, I just go and buy it. By all measures, I had a great childhood, but I really fail to see how that was better than the freedom of adulthood, it's not like things magically aren't enjoyable anymore, I think videogames are actually a lot more enjoyable now because I actually know what I'm doing.

This is such low-quality zoomer bait it's unreal. There's a bunch of channels exactly like this one, wojakslop is a whole genre now, because these videos are really easy to make and because they get views real easily since lonely young men love wojaks. They see a wojak in the thumbnail and a title like "growing up as an UGLY guy", and they think it'll make them feel better somehow about the fact that they can't get a girlfriend. It will not make them feel better. That's a real video btw, take a look:

1719283949312.png

Half a million views btw. I would like to add that MilleniaThinker here,

I'm slowly approaching my 60s, so it doesn't depress me at all. I just find this stuff entertaining and it makes me laugh to see what ideas the creators of these videos have.

Well said. Indeed, one time I met a Priest who had suffered extensively, more than most people would ever know. I asked him, "Is suffering necessary for salvation?"

"There is no such thing as suffering. Only another opportunity to draw closer to God."
That's one of the nicest quotes I've heard for a while. I wish the Catholic community I attended until recently with my wife would frame it that way. Instead it's just the same people wallowing in the same suffering over and over for years on end, nothing ever getting better. When we first started attending I'd sometimes talk about being grateful for the good life God has blessed me with, but I eventually picked up on the fact that no one wants to hear about that there. It's like they consider suffering in and of itself somehow holy. Religious black pilling, basically.

We haven't been back for months now and I think my wife has finally decided to not return. I hope so.

That's one of the nicest quotes I've heard for a while. I wish the Catholic community I attended until recently with my wife would frame it that way. Instead it's just the same people wallowing in the same suffering over and over for years on end, nothing ever getting better. When we first started attending I'd sometimes talk about being grateful for the good life God has blessed me with, but I eventually picked up on the fact that no one wants to hear about that there. It's like they consider suffering in and of itself somehow holy. Religious black pilling, basically.

We haven't been back for months now and I think my wife has finally decided to not return. I hope so.

Try an Orthodox Church.

Try an Orthodox Church.
Unlikely for me and my family for various reasons, but if the Orthodox avoid that sort of negativity it's definitely a point in your favor. Just speculation, but I wonder if it's a trickle down effect from the clergy. I mean that since the Orthodox clergy isn't entirely celibate, it makes sense to me that they'd be more joyful. Whereas Catholic clergy mostly just seem miserable and lonely, with a few exceptions who really seem cut out for that life.

To be fair to the Catholics, they don't all wallow in suffering all the time. It was just particularly bad in the community my wife and I used to attend. We went to regular mass at a church close by us recently and a young priest gave a homily about how your life should be joyful as a Christian. Or something to that effect. It was very uplifting.

I'm not even trying to condemn the community we used to go to. The people there are obviously better off attending than not attending and I suppose they get something out of the emphasis on constant suffering, it's just not for me.

Back