• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Halloween

Nothing good about being "young at heart". This should not be glorified. Glorify being an old curmudgeon at heart instead. Shout at those kids playing in your lawn. Keep that soccer ball that fell into your property, it is legally yours now. Scold young women for dressing immodestly. Intimidate rude people with your sturdy and heavy mahogany cane. Grandpa was right about everything.

Sorry, but Jesus disagrees.

Mt. 18

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

hqdefault-300x225.jpg

Historical nativity date moved or not - secular Christmas hurts my soul. Also, who decided to enshrine a specific “bad Christmas music” canon? I’ve noticed it’s all music from the mid 20th century. No historic tunes or anything more recent is blared non stop starting thanksgiving.
Most of those mid-20th C winter "Christmas songs" were written by Jews.

Baby it's Cold Outside -- CHECK
Silver Bells -- CHECK
White Christmas -- CHECK
it goes on and on

Sorry, but Jesus disagrees.

Mt. 18

And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them, and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

hqdefault-300x225.jpg
I was of course joking in that whole comment. Please don't threaten people with sticks. But I really don't think Jesus was referring here to what modern people mean when they say they are "young at heart". When people say that today, they at best mean that they like to forget their responsibilties and have fun with silly things at times, or at worst they mean that they like to go act like beasts at a nightclub on the weekeds even though they are in their 40's or 50's.
What Christ was referring to here, if I understand correctly, is the ability to innocently follow God like a child follows his parents. You can absolutely be a grumpy old curmudgeon and still have that.

I was of course joking in that whole comment. Please don't threaten people with sticks. But I really don't think Jesus was referring here to what modern people mean when they say they are "young at heart". When people say that today, they at best mean that they like to forget their responsibilties and have fun with silly things at times, or at worst they mean that they like to go act like beasts at a nightclub on the weekeds even though they are in their 40's or 50's.
What Christ was referring to here, if I understand correctly, is the ability to innocently follow God like a child follows his parents. You can absolutely be a grumpy old curmudgeon and still have that.

I agree with both of you. It's just semantics. Most of us mean well. I love this forum. I'm fascinated by how quickly it's building up already after switching over, and dare I say - it's better! Sorry, Roosh!

Last edited:
Back