• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Forum Software Issues and Suggestions

On the to-do list.
Enable 'ignore threads' please, I think this would help the forum become more popular.

I already believe in nuclear bombs, the moon landing, German lunacy and a spherical (although possibly hollow) Earth, don't need to be updated on them.

I can't add an avatar.

Bildschirmfoto-zu-2024-03-10-11-38-37.png

According to this 4 day old new account with a total of 4 posts, this thread shouldn't exist and there should be no discussion of it at all. Yet in his 4th post, he went out of his way to post here.

He's also an expert in psyops, trolling, psychology and egos according to his above post.

Thanks for your advice in guiding us how we should think. What would we do without you?

Moderator - please institute the policy of a minimum number of posts such as 50 before a newbie can comment in the Deep Forum. This is absolutely ludicrous and annoying.

In Anglin's forum, newbies are only allowed to post in the newbie barn. When a certain threshold of likes is reached, they are freed into the main forum. I like the idea and recommend doing this on CIK as well. This would make it much harder for sock puppets and new trolls and feds to interfere in serious discussions.

Also, the ability to ignore entire threads should be considered, which would make it easier for people to not participate in controversial threads and not repeatedly post their opinion that the topic discussed is garbage or something.

In Anglin's forum, newbies are only allowed to post in the newbie barn. When a certain threshold of likes is reached, they are freed into the main forum. I like the idea and recommend doing this on CIK as well. This would make it much harder for sock puppets and new trolls and feds to interfere in serious discussions.

Also, the ability to ignore entire threads should be considered, which would make it easier for people to not participate in controversial threads and not repeatedly post their opinion that the topic discussed is garbage or something.
Agree with the newbie barn idea.

You can already ignore threads here, look at the top of the page of the thread:

Screenshot 2024-03-15 at 7.55.57 AM.png

By request, an add-on has been installed that will allow you to ignore threads. This will stop them coming up in the "What's New" section and in forums. You can search for the thread name and there will be a link to show ignored threads, if there are any relevant results.

A list of your ignored threads can be found here - https://christisking.cc/account/ignored?key=thread

Screenshot from 2024-03-11 02-01-35.jpg

Would it be possible to have a transparent moderation log? Does the forum software support such a feature?

Occasionally I see the moderators mention when they ban someone (or when they give "naughty points") and for what reason but I personally think it would be neat to have all of the information in one place and easily searchable.

This is what I have in mind: https://lobste.rs/moderations

A few words about the rationale (from lobsters):
"While the individual actions of a moderator may cause debate, there should be no question about if an action happened or who is responsible. If users are disruptive enough to warrant banning, they will be banned absolutely, given notice of their banning, and their disabled user profile will indicate which moderator banned them and why. There will be no shadow banning or other secret moderation actions."

I see that the ban rules were further clarified (thanks for that!) but I was wondering if anyone from the mod team could kindly respond to my comment above. If the software doesn't support such a feature that's fine, I'm just curious. Thank you in advance.

CC: @Samseau @scorpion @Cynllo

It would be nice to have such a feature but I'm not sure if it's possible with the forum software. Cynllo could confirm.

Would it be possible to have a transparent moderation log? Does the forum software support such a feature?

Occasionally I see the moderators mention when they ban someone (or when they give "naughty points") and for what reason but I personally think it would be neat to have all of the information in one place and easily searchable.

This is what I have in mind: https://lobste.rs/moderations

A few words about the rationale (from lobsters):
"While the individual actions of a moderator may cause debate, there should be no question about if an action happened or who is responsible. If users are disruptive enough to warrant banning, they will be banned absolutely, given notice of their banning, and their disabled user profile will indicate which moderator banned them and why. There will be no shadow banning or other secret moderation actions."

Such a mod log already exists, and I have no idea if it can be made public. But even if we could make it public I think it a bad idea; having people's "sins" be on public display can only increase hostility between members and make people less forgiving towards each other.

Mods need it to make sure no one is overly punished, but members "should keep no records of past wrongs." - Apostle Paul on perfect love.

The site now asks me whether or not I am sure I want to post a reaction. I really don't like that. It reminds me of this weird judeo-censorious practice, where twitter warns me whenever I use a word that might be interpreted as being against a protected group.

If I revise my reaction, I'll take it back. I don't want to be talked to like a baby.

The site now asks me whether or not I am sure I want to post a reaction. I really don't like that. It reminds me of this weird judeo-censorious practice, where twitter warns me whenever I use a word that might be interpreted as being against a protected group.

If I revise my reaction, I'll take it back. I don't want to be talked to like a baby.

Don't see that on my end. What do you mean?

It just happened in the new protestantism thread. I test-liked another comment and it didn't happen. Maybe it was a glitch, in which case I apologize for karening out and shaniquaing the place up.

Sometimes it helps to reload the page if you're experiencing issues. Sometimes I need to reload the page several times to get it working properly.

What's the max file upload size allowed on CIK again? I thought it was 10mb! (Getting the the too large message for 3.5mb files)

Back