• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

EURO 2024 Championship

It’s entertainment. There are much worse things you can do with your time than watch a match. Of course the players don’t care, they are making millions and going out with their supermodel girlfriends on their yachts.

Watching a few matches here and there isn’t going to hurt anybody, the only guys who should be wary are those obsessed with it.

Fair point. Personally I'd rather watch Tour de France, though. It will start next week, First Route: Florence to Rimini.

At least you get to see some beautiful nature of Italy and France in summer blossom, idyllic villages with almost no Muslims or Africans in the countryside.

general-view-of-the-peloton-passing-through-mariloz-passy-news-photo-1667323712.jpg

Panem et circenses. There's really nothing new under the Sun.

I lost any interest in professional soccer/football once I realized that it's all either about money (for the players and managers) or entertainment (for the masses who are watching). Professional footballers are mercenaries who sell themselves to the highest bidder - while the dumb fans delude themselves into thinking these footballers are playing "for their club", that they are "one of us".​
I agree with your points and I am a fan of a team that does what you just said but there is something powerful watching a team of 11 work together is such cohesion. I also gets taken to another level when all 11 buy in to the coaches philosophy. Especially from a smaller club. There is great strength in pure belief in something that will triumph over skill and world class players from time to time and it's very exciting to watch.

Fair point. Personally I'd rather watch Tour de France, though. It will start next week, First Route: Florence to Rimini.

At least you get to see some beautiful nature of Italy and France in summer blossom, idyllic villages with almost no Muslims or Africans in the countryside.

general-view-of-the-peloton-passing-through-mariloz-passy-news-photo-1667323712.jpg
You should see them cycling live in the champs elysées. The speed is brutal.

Not many things are better than watching a football game with friends. Or in my case nowadays with my kids. The fun we have yelling at the tv.

Till now imo the best game was Spain Italy. But it´s been pretty boring games.

Why is there a chinese car company (Byd) sponsoring the Euro cup. Which happens in Germany. How stupid can german carmakers be to let this happen?

It isn't vulgar to have athletic skill and talent and put it into practice alongside teammates. Skill, talent and togetherness. The later sorely lacking in modern times and something that even the mere act of watching alongside others helps to create.

Ok you don't like football I get it but to say competitive sports are vulgar is a rash exaggeration.
Vulgar in the old meaning of the word - common.

Why is there a chinese car company (Byd) sponsoring the Euro cup. Which happens in Germany. How stupid can german carmakers be to let this happen?

Not only do we have the Chinese car company.WE have VIVO the Chinese tech company,HiSense the Chinese domestic white goods producer.
Now for the usual suspects! Betano(parent co Kaizen Gaming)CEO and founding owner the Greek chew,George Daskalakis.
The Topps Co.Maybe recognised by CIK's American members, whose chairman is one Michael Eisner of Disney fame and then we have UEFA head marketing director one Guy-Laurent Epstein.

Vulgar in the old meaning of the word - common.
Fan culture in general is deluded. If you are active yourself, playing football with some friends or in a local amateur team, this is laudable in my opinion. But not sitting passively in the stadium or in front of the TV, drinking beer and eating chips, dreaming about being as athletic, famous and rich as the players on the pitch.​

I´ve played professional football. And used to play weekly or more with friends. My average day was to play football with anyone who organized a game and surf.

When youre young and play in a club. You don´t play in grass fields. You play in the dirt. They make you wake up at 07 am on a sunday. And you have to go and paint the football pitch lines with plaster. I never did it. F them. But friends of mine had to do it. If you fall on those dirt fields youre screwed.

This year my oldest went on a rugby trip. I had to wake up at 05h30. Drove him to the bus at 06h15.

Young people who play sports normally stay away from tobacco drugs, alcohol, etc. It´s a positive.

Football is an easy game to play. Since the rules are straightforward. And you can play 1v1. Nobody uses the offisde rule. Stupid rule.

Football is a lesser sport in terms of athleticism. It´s really a weak sport actually. Maybe badmington is worse. There´s an urban legend which says football at a young age overdevelops legs impeding their growth.

The beautiful side of football is exactly the possibility it gives for the average person to dream. Young people also like to watch football tricks and emulate them next day in the pitch to their friends. Nowadays creativity in football is lacking. It´s becoming too much strategy. And too many rules. Same with F1. It´s boring.

Elite people despise football players. And they are right to a point. Comparing the role of a honest doctor with a football player in society. And the pay each one gets.

Normally commoners adore football players. Because football players come from poor backgrounds. And made it. Most of football players end in misery. I never really admired their lives. And I never wanted to be a football player. I like to play it. The competition. Scoring a beautiful goal. If you play good the people around you admire you. Every player will come and shake your hand in the end of a game.

I was actually looking at the spanish football squad and thinking how many times I had already seen different players there. It´s like same movie with different characters. French, etc the same. Only Portugal still has Ronaldo.

The saying is football is a gentleman sport played by hooligans. And rugby a hooligans sport played by gentlemans.

Last edited:
I just want to say that I'm vehemently against football. It's opium for the masses to direct their attention from important things. You watch this meaningless sport while the banksters steal your land from under you. Just stop. Watching this is equal to masturbation and should be considered no less of a sin.
My father has always been a fan, so I'd watch alongside him throughout much of childhood, even adulthood. I used to think the generational apathy of the boomers was overblown, but I watched as my (generally conservative) father said nothing as his favorite Premier League club became, at first, non-English (mostly other Europeans, in the 90s and 00s it was still primarily referred to as the English Premier League), then, increasingly non-European, began wearing performative LGBT armbands and trotting out their flag for every match, etc. The broadcasts even have women doing commentary and analysis now. At this point I don't think he'd complain as long as 11 people play football for about 90 minutes.

That's really interesting. Where do you draw the line between "white" and black" here?
Players No. 5 and 10 are quite light-skinned compared to 11 and 13.
I'm not hung up on the skin tone of individual players, but on the amount of them. I can understand that a country such as France, which has overseas departments, has a handful of colored players. But it's the opposite. There's just a handful of white players left, something I would expect to see in a Soth American team, not a European one.

^All the top teams ended up in the same bracket on the left, England has a relatively easy path to the final.

Austria is my dark horse, won the toughest group in the tourney, good team to root for, the round of 16 game against Turkey is an old classic going back 500+ years!

Georgia had their 15 minutes of fame today, but is going to get crushed by Spain, which is my favorite to win it all.

My sister runs one of my businesses and my mom comes in with her sometimes, keeps her busy gives her something to do. Today my mom came in and asked me to put soccer on as she's been watching she likes that they care because it's for their countries and not money, found that funny it made me smile. She said the French players are all black, I told her mbappe was with a tranny and she doesn't like him anymore, she also said all the polish players last names ended in "ski" and she's tired of the Ukrainians and their attention, she also didn't care for the turks, she likes the dutch and said Ronaldo was probably just happy he isn't in Saudi Arabia right now.....it was cute.

My sister runs one of my businesses and my mom comes in with her sometimes, keeps her busy gives her something to do. Today my mom came in and asked me to put soccer on as she's been watching she likes that they care because it's for their countries and not money, found that funny it made me smile. She said the French players are all black, I told her mbappe was with a tranny and she doesn't like him anymore, she also said all the polish players last names ended in "ski" and she's tired of the Ukrainians and their attention, she also didn't care for the turks, she likes the dutch and said Ronaldo was probably just happy he isn't in Saudi Arabia right now.....it was cute.

That is actually true for the great majority of players in this tournament, they care more about winning the world cup or Euro than about winning with their clubs.

Last night England were absolutely awful. I am English but I find them the most boring team to watch. It's down to the negative tactics of their terminal loser manager.

If England were to get someone like Jurgen Klopp who could unleash their attacking talents they could beat anyone in the world but now we just have to watch their miseryball for 90 minutes where they hope to scrape through on random or lucky goals. I might just support a random team like Albania - at least they try.
England is stacked with attacking talent yet the can only score twice in 3 games against inferior teams shows me Southgate has no idea what he is doing. They will be lucky to beat Slovakia and if they do they will definitely not beat the Swiss or Italy.

Not enough attention.

Paris Olympic Games 2024. I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of staged event unfold when the world is watching - not to mention the timing to distract what's going on in US politically.

Anyway, back to the football! ⚽
People still watch the Olympics?

I can understand watching sports like soccer and football where there's a whole social aspect tied to it, as I think the tribalism involved is actually a positive thing and, as some else has stated, it's more or less the last remnant of genuine national pride and unity among normies.

I always found it absurd as a child, seeing "people going crazy over the location of a ball" or whatever else I would've said at the time, but now that I'm an adult I wish I could've been less of a snobby autist and participated in the whole thing a little, join in the shouting and bickering and excitement and merrymaking. It's too late for me now, I think it's the sort of thing you need to acquire in your formative years or you just won't have it.

The Olympics on the other hand, still seems nonsensical to me. There is virtually no social aspect tied to it, during my lifetime I don't think it's ever not been mainly a platform for the promotion of globohomo nonsense, and the athletes are all roided up no matter how many times they repeat the lie that they aren't.

Last edited:
People still watch the Olympics?

I can understand watching sports like soccer and football where there's a whole social aspect tied to it, as I think the tribalism involved is actually a positive thing and, as some else has stated, it's more or less the last remnant of genuine national pride and unity among normies.

I always found it absurd as a child, seeing "people going crazy over the location of a ball" or whatever else I would've said at the time, but now that I'm an adult I wish I could've been less of a snobby autist and participated in the whole thing a little, join in the shouting and bickering and excitement and merrymaking. It's too late for me now, I think it's the sort of thing you need to acquire in your formative years or you just won't have it.

The Olympics on the other hand, still seems nonsensical to me. There is virtually no social aspect tied to it, during my lifetime I don't think it's ever not been mainly a platform for the promotion of globohomo nonsense, and the athletes are all roided up no matter how many times they repeat the lie that they aren't.

I know here in NZ - being a smaller country - any Olympic medal is seen as quite an achievement.
Mostly I think people here just want to see us beat Australia in the medal tally. I'd be interested to know if it's a big deal in America?

Interesting point regarding tribalism. I was just thinking this morning how tribalism is always an example when it comes to explaining evolutionary behaviour, yet when it comes to Nationalism or a group of White Males supporting a football team - it's a bridge too far. Globohomo is always incoherent and irrational.

I understand the points other posters have made about sports as being entertainment for the masses and how ridiculous some people take it as fans. I agree....but I don't think it's either or, if you can separate yourself from all the nonsense.... like most sports.

I'm only a casual fan of Football but I love watching a player thread the needle with a well timed pass, not to mention social Football is so accessible both physically and socially to get involved with.

Back