Elon Musk Thread

If you have a few dollars to spare per month I suggest supporting X in any way you can...It's the most important struggle of our time! (for freedom of speech) The (bad) elites hate Elon, so that's all you need to know really. I usually don't like spending money online, but decided to get a basic deal for one year. (about 27$) I also note that Trump does nothing, and he'll continue to be worthless if he's re-elected...

If I donate does Elon give me a free chip brain implant or do I pay extra for that ?

Twitter/X ain't gonna change shit.
It already would be banned if there was any chance of that.
It's just a "limited hangout" and/or release valve for those who don't fall for mainstream media lies.

Limited is a pretty relative term here, as it's the biggest single information source in the world. If you actually read EM post you'll realize that he's not controlled by any group, there's limits to shooting yourself in the foot, even for the elites. The only argument you have left is this brain chip stuff, which is 0.0001 percent of EM affairs, and it's never gonna work anyway. You're inviting censorship and police state conditions for the sake of clinging to far-fetched and frankly absurd notions.

Limited is a pretty relative term here, as it's the biggest single information source in the world.
Biggest single information source in the world? Come on.
I get you are a huge fan of X.
But enough with the hyperbole.
Wikipedia, for one, is several *times* larger. I'm sure a lot of other places too.

And even if they were similar view counts, 100 people visiting wikipedia to read an article is different from some portion of 100 people visiting X and looking at fart jokes or boobs, because not all their content is serious or academic.

Biggest single information source in the world? Come on.
I get you are a huge fan of X.
But enough with the hyperbole.
Wikipedia, for one, is several *times* larger. I'm sure a lot of other places too.

And even if they were similar view counts, 100 people visiting wikipedia to read an article is different from some portion of 100 people visiting X and looking at fart jokes or boobs, because not all their content is serious or academic.

A rough estimate is 7-8 billion visits per month on X and 4-5 billion on Wiki. I agree that it's hard to compare the two, but X is a dynamic/news oriented outlet, while we all know what Wikipedia represents. They seem to be dying anyway, maybe partly due to EM efforts. Political posts gets tens of millions of views, so it's more than just irony etc...

Skjermbilde 2024-04-25 182839.webp

Skjermbilde 2024-04-25 182929.webp

You're cherry picking! He's also gone to war against the ADL, the MSM, anti-white sentiments, covid agenda etc. I just want a true free-speech platform, and that's what X has become.

A bit surprised that some folks here "use Wikipedia endlessly" btw. :unsure:
I'm with you on Twitter. It's not perfect, but most of the criticisms are of the "pointy elbows" type.

I use Wikipedia quite a lot. I look up towns and places. Historical events. Here's a good one.

A lot of wikipedia content is questionable, but I don't find it that hard to filter the good from the bad. I suppose I miss some subtle bias now and then, but I think usually I can take it with a grain of salt and recognize what's useful.

A lot of wikipedia content is questionable, but I don't find it that hard to filter the good from the bad. I can take it with a grain of salt and recognize what's useful.
Aren't there other sources you can get your information from that don't require you to take it with a grain of salt?

Aren't there other sources you can get your information from that don't require you to take it with a grain of salt?
Wikipedia is always there. If I'm interested in Grand Island, Nebraska, wikipedia is a good source of general information. I'm not sure that other sources would actually work as well. There would be the city website, full of information about city ordinances. There would be some kind of chamber of commerce website, focused on the local businesses. Wikipedia fills a different niche than these.

There are a lot of topics like this. Yes, there are other sources, but Wikipedia is good for general information. I'm not going to go out of my way to avoid the most useful site just because it is biased on some issues, which I can easily recognize and ignore.

You're cherry picking! He's also gone to war against the ADL, the MSM, anti-white sentiments, covid agenda etc. I just want a true free-speech platform, and that's what X has become.

Yes I use it endlessly as I love researching and reading in general. Twitter never satisfied me because of said 'drama' and the cult of personality which seems to infect almost everything these days.

Twitter has improved drastically from the censorship / bot network it had become before Musk bought it. But its still nowhere near free speech, and is actually trending further from it. It has become increasingly more kosher since the takeover - nowadays even posting "zog" will lead to infractions against your account, and your post will be hidden till you delete it.

Any "war" that elon has waged against the adl as you've mentioned, could only be talked about in the past tense. We can speculate about Elon's true intentions, or if he was threatened etc, but as far as twitter goes the writing is on the wall that it won't ever be what it was back in 2016. And true free speech won't be allowed on any major platform under the current regime (look at what's happening to tik tok).

Twitter has improved drastically from the censorship / bot network it had become before Musk bought it. But its still nowhere near free speech, and is actually trending further from it. It has become increasingly more kosher since the takeover - nowadays even posting "zog" will lead to infractions against your account, and your post will be hidden till you delete it.

Any "war" that elon has waged against the adl as you've mentioned, could only be talked about in the past tense. We can speculate about Elon's true intentions, or if he was threatened etc, but as far as twitter goes the writing is on the wall that it won't ever be what it was back in 2016. And true free speech won't be allowed on any major platform under the current regime (look at what's happening to tik tok).

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. No posts or accounts criticizing Jews, covid, MSM, anti-white agenda etc. where allowed at all prior to EM ownership, now there's a lot of them. We don't have any evidence that they're censored as far as I know, but the most extreme views are not allowed, which EM said prior to takeover as well. I didn't use Twitter back in 2016, but I doubt it's ever been as open as currently. I have a feeling you just miss the Trump propaganda from back then?

Here's a EM take that I totally disagree with in many ways, but the point is that it's not censored...

Back