Daily Interactions With Women

It's definitely not a bad thing, but it would be a mistake to pick your future wife solely or foremost based on that aspect. Look for a woman who loves Christ more than you, who turns you on in a spiritual sense, and who you are also very physically attracted to, in that order. Consider the last point optional, if need be. If you follow that formula and trust in God your lives together will be blessed regardless of her (or your) appearance or physical attributes.

In order to do that I suggest to be as honest and upfront with women as possible. Take your time to screen them carefully and specifically look for a woman who wants to walk the path of Christ with you and make sure she understands what that actually means. Lead with something like "Hi I'm Douglas. I'm an Orthodox Christian and here's what I believe and want out of life. I'm looking for my future wife to walk with Christ and start a family, etc". The right woman will absolutely respond to that kind of approach, and the wrong ones will run away screaming which is actually doing you a favor.
My feeling is that the only godly women remaining that are generally physically attractive are young women, and the culture is not very well set up for a man with a big age gap to be taking stabs, but perhaps it's a type of paranoia for a local community. I think the issue is one of smooth and proper meeting of men and women. Otherwise it just seems like you are doing PUA stuff at coffee hour, which is a funny thing to think about.

One other curious thing is that the small number of women you'll actually see in church are basically 16-18, or maybe commuting college girls that still live at home. There just aren't very many, and/or there are tons of young men all around. I think I told the anecdote of giving a ride to a 24 year old girl (roughly let's say that was her age), which I think indirectly was a solid the priest was trying to do for me, and when the girl showed up at coffee hour she got bummed rushed by 3 guys at least (she was a 6, but mid 20s). I played it cool and talked to her a bit, then when we spoke on the way home she acted like conservative priests were unpalatable (it was some gay or feminist idea, I recall). I was late 30s. She thanked me for the ride, though, and acted like she might hit me up for a ride again some time. I never heard from her again. lol

Want another funny one I've told? A priest's daughter asked me when I met her one time, I must have been mid to late 20s (she was similar), if I was "anti-gay". A lot of the circumstances of women I've met over the years showed me that the culture had WAY more influence on them then anything they were supposed to have learned in church, from the parents, etc. Many thing their point of view, or politics in general, matter. It's amazing how stupid the general population is regarding how smart or meaningful their takes are.

This is probably a weird question, but I'm curious what people think about level of attractiveness to a woman. I'm starting to meet and get to know some women that go to church. While all of them are attractive and have green flags, some I'm much more attracted to than others. Like I'm an 18 year old boy again and start getting a boner while I'm talking to them. I don't know if this is bad since it would cause me to not think clearly in the future. Or if this is really good since I'd want to plant that seed like a madman down the line. I didn't know how else to word this so just being as blunt as possible.

Remember that a lot of attraction is actually based on nonverbal behaviors and not discrete physical traits that our culture deems attractive. Maybe it is her femininity, her delicateness. Many other examples. Definitely listen to this since it also helps with long term bonding.

Want another funny one I've told? A priest's daughter asked me when I met her one time, I must have been mid to late 20s (she was similar), if I was "anti-gay". A lot of the circumstances of women I've met over the years showed me that the culture had WAY more influence on them then anything they were supposed to have learned in church, from the parents, etc. Many thing their point of view, or politics in general, matter. It's amazing how stupid the general population is regarding how smart or meaningful their takes are.
Every situation is different but I wouldn't rule out a woman who otherwise fits the bill if she has some feminist or liberal or let's say "pro gay" kinds of opinions or attitudes. As long as she herself is feminine, seeks Christ above all else, and is willing to follow you and be faithful, those problematic opinions can and will be smoothed out over time.

If you properly orient the relationship around Christ and the Church she will naturally follow and become more submissive towards you and will tend to adopt more reasonable opinions and world view. However it's also important to remember a woman is not a dude on the Internet and it's best not to discuss or argue with her about politics.

I'm trying to be delicate about how I'm phrasing this because it's not that women aren't intelligent or capable in many ways, but a proper masculine/feminine Orthodox Christian relationship arguably should not involve you sharing a lot of negative political information, talking about war, etc.

Instead, talk to her about nice wholesome family Christian things and shield her from all that garbage and save it for the men. This is just my 2 cents based on personal experiences.

Last edited:
Every situation is different but I wouldn't rule out a woman who otherwise fits the bill if she has some feminist or liberal or let's say "pro gay" kinds of opinions or attitudes. As long as she herself is feminine, seeks Christ above all else, and is willing to follow you and be faithful, those problematic opinions can and will be smoothed out over time.

If you properly orient the relationship around Christ and the Church she will naturally follow and become more submissive towards you and will tend to adopt more reasonable opinions and world view. However it's also important to remember a woman is not a dude on the Internet and it's best not to discuss or argue with her about politics.

I'm trying to be delicate about how I'm phrasing this because it's not that women aren't intelligent or capable in many ways, but a proper masculine/feminine Orthodox Christian relationship arguably should not involve you sharing a lot of negative political information, talking about war, etc.

Instead, talk to her about nice wholesome family Christian things and shield her from all that garbage and save it for the men. This is just my 2 cents based on personal experiences.
I think this is the negative side of connections that are rare and via long distance, especially if you are Orthodox. Women and men alike will judge to a certain degree on photos, and not all photos are good beyond the fact that they don't capture a person, really. What's more, a lot of the women these days aren't even aware that the appearance of a man is even less important to them than they think.

I agree with you but your advice only goes so far. All too often women would bring up politics to me, asking my stance on certain issues, and I would inevitably give the "wrong" answer. There's no point in arguing, however, there's no way to hide one's views either. It's best just to tell what you think and not push any further, but that can be very difficult nowadays because women will immediately dump a man who gives the wrong answer.

It's tempting to just lie and say whatever needs to be said to keep her approval, but that is just a short-term fix and will destroy the relationship down the road. Far better to avoid these women, which is the majority, by telling your views upfront once they ask.

Good women don't talk politics, but those are far and few between. Politics always is brought up at some point by the girl in my experience.

The only real answer is to go through a high-volume of women until you get a decent girl.

My wife never talked politics. Not once. She just doesn't care. But when I told her about feminism once she was a little taken back at first because she saw it as a good thing. But not in the way all of us think (which is sort of the political capture of the word). She just thought it meant being a good woman. The innocence is what attracted me to her.
She also had a couple old friends that were gay but not because she approves of their lifestyle but she genuinely felt bad for their situation. The men were so conflicted and saddened by their lives. She never once followed that gay flag bs.
So I think you just have to be careful because women fall on a wide spectrum and it's not as straight forward as all the media would make you think.

I agree with you but your advice only goes so far. All too often women would bring up politics to me, asking my stance on certain issues, and I would inevitably give the "wrong" answer. There's no point in arguing, however, there's no way to hide one's views either. It's best just to tell what you think and not push any further, but that can be very difficult nowadays because women will immediately dump a man who gives the wrong answer.

It's tempting to just lie and say whatever needs to be said to keep her approval, but that is just a short-term fix and will destroy the relationship down the road. Far better to avoid these women, which is the majority, by telling your views upfront once they ask.

Good women don't talk politics, but those are far and few between. Politics always is brought up at some point by the girl in my experience.

The only real answer is to go through a high-volume of women until you get a decent girl.
You can find a woman who will agree with you on abortion, the gay stuff, Israel, etc. However most of us here don't think women should vote or hold political office. I'm afraid if I say this, there will be practically none left.

These are the anecdotes that I brought up, and it could have helped the girl in ways I can't classify, since the girls weren't smoke shows. They could have been marriageable. The two stories I mentioned were both "Orthodox" though! It was brought to my doorstep and I just stated the Orthodox/sane position. Women's hysteria and thought largely runs the society these days. There's some much confusion there's really no point in debating it, especially when you get beyond age 35.

Back