• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Boxing & MMA

Fury's weight means he's not got any silly ideas of leaning on or rough housing Usyk, so that's one positive. Usyk is too quick and mobile for that sort of tactic. So, since he can't outbox Uzyk, Fury's probably looking for a knock out. Good luck with that. Unless he thinks he can outbox Uzyk, that'll be interesting.
I think we were both wrong and a little right... He did lean on usyk and it was somewhat effective. Usyk gave some incredible pressure, and both ate some big shots.

Fury got saved by the bell .... Their next right is going to be excellent... And this was humbling experience for Fury.

As I've said. Boxing fans all over won tonight.

Great fight. It didn't go anything like I expected. Fury dominated the mid rounds, obscuring clever shots with his jab and outwitting Uzyk. Then Uzyk summoned up a storm of aggression and went for broke and very nearly won by knock out. Crazy. In the end Uzyk didn't outbox Fury, he just had the greater will to win.

Great fight. It didn't go anything like I expected. Fury dominated the mid rounds, obscuring clever shots with his jab and outwitting Uzyk. Then Uzyk summoned up a storm of aggression and went for broke and very nearly won by knock out. Crazy. In the end Uzyk didn't outbox Fury, he just had the greater will to win.
Yeah. It was pretty epic. I'm looking forward to the rematch... and hopefully a 3rd bout so a trilogy can happen for the legacy. Clear demonstration that these 2 are the Pinnacle of the sport and unequaled.

Great for the sport. Great for the fans. Both champions are good people, great promoters for the sport.

I appreciate that both Fury and Usyk were first to say Glory to God for both of them in defeat and in victory.

I cannot believe that Fury thought he won that.

I was saying to the guys I was watching it with that Uzuk had to put Fury down or otherwise he would be robbed. He very nearly was.

If Fury spent less time clowning and more time actually boxing he probably would have won this.

That fight lived up to the hype. The momentum shifted back and forth like 4 different times, witch each man getting pushed to their limit eating hard shots. Both guys displayed a ton of heart.

I think Fury not taking a knee to gather himself after getting cracked with that hook in the 9th was a poor decision. He did everything he could to stay on his feet and ended up taking more damage than he needed to. Was amazing to see though. Somehow Fury managed to recover after that serious beating in the 9th to hurt Usyk with some decent shots late in the fight. It was that 9th round that sealed the deal for Usyk. He had Fury in serious serious trouble.

I've been enjoying boxing more lately than MMA. Fights like this are legendary, and feel special compared to the mass produced UFC slop we get lately.

Last edited:
Back