• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

If you are just getting started and want some non-KYC Bitcoin, this is how I did it in the USA (again, thanks to Redbeard's thread on the old forum):

1. Obtain an unlocked phone that can run GrapheneOS (I got a used Google Pixel 3a from eBay).
2. Factory-reset/wipe the phone.
3. Download and install GrapheneOS on the phone. Requires some technical skills-- instructions are online.
4. Install a privacy-focused Bitcoin wallet on the phone. I use Samourai.
5. Obtain** and sweep a modest amount (0.01) of non-KYC Bitcoin into your wallet.
6. Open an account on a No-KYC Bitcoin exchange and transfer your no-KYC BTC onto the exchange (I use Bisq but there are others. I think RoboSats is the other big one in the USA).
7. Trade your fiat currency for BTC on the exchange (the following is the process on Bisq -- might be different on other exchanges).:
  • Make an offer to buy BTC on the exchange
  • Transfer fiat currency to the seller (Zelle in the USA)
  • Accept no-KYC BTC into your exchange wallet
8. Move your new BTC off the exchange onto your phone wallet.
9. (Optional). Move your BTC off your hot/phone wallet onto a cold wallet (Trezor, ColdCard, etc.).

** This is the hardest part, but Bisq requires you to have BTC to place into escrow before you can trade. I used Bitcoin ATMs to get mine, but that was back in 2021 before BTC ATMs had KYC requirements. Today, you will need to be more creative. Getting some from a friend is one way. No BTC friend? You can attend a local Bitcoin meetup to make friends.

If that seems like a lot of work, there's always the KYC route via CashApp, Kraken, or one of the 11 US ETFs. Personally, I had a lot of fun and learned a lot following Redbeard's instructions. It took me several weeks from the time I decided to take the plunge and do step 1 until I got to step 9.

Edit -- Hey, this reminds me of an RVF datasheet. My first datasheet!
Hi, Can I use these 9 steps to buy Bitcoin In dubai ?

There is a Crypto freezone in Dubai ( RAK ) , but I don't know how to buy Bitcoin in Dubai .

Last edited:
If you’re in Dubai they have no capital gains taxes. If you’re just trying to keep it anonymous then yeah .

You can buy monero on an exchange like mexc(transfer in usdc, swap to usdt, buy monero, swap to a monero wallet and no one knows how much monero you have)

I feel like to help Bitcoin adoption somebody should create a company to that issues physical notes and coins redeemable in Bitcoin (satoshis) like how paper money was originally redeemable in physical gold or silver.

The reason for this is that a lot of old people (70+) are not fully comfortable with digital forms of money and still prefer phyuscial cash also in many third world countries a lot of people are still un-banked and also many people have limited access to internet (either through lack of credit/data on their cell phone or bad internet reception in certain places especially smaller towns/villages). Not to mention the privacy benefits of physical currency. I feel an initiative like this would help a lot and it would also improve Bitcoins uitility as a medium of exchange. Of course there are the usual risks involved for this in terms of fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering, fractional reserve banking, centralization, etc. But overall I feel as a concept it would be a net benefit.
I should start something like this. I'll call the company "FTX"

Alph is in a decent buying zone . $2.25. It could drop below $2 if we get a halving dip but I’m not counting on it

Another one that’s making people upset and I mentioned in the old forum is MOB, a privacy coin that was inserted in the Signal app. Nobody uses that garbage and it was a rug pull. It reached $75 when a Wired article (disguised ad) praising the coin. Today it’s less than 10 cents.

Imagine losing 99.86% and still giving people hope. Instead of removing code/bloat from Signal (which is the best privacy communication app), they insist in keeping it.

Just like the retards from r/wallstreetbets:
It can go up 100.000%. Down, not more than 100%.

Another one that’s making people upset and I mentioned in the old forum is MOB, a privacy coin that was inserted in the Signal app. Nobody uses that garbage and it was a rug pull. It reached $75 when a Wired article (disguised ad) praising the coin. Today it’s less than 10 cents.

Imagine losing 99.86% and still giving people hope. Instead of removing code/bloat from Signal (which is the best privacy communication app), they insist in keeping it.

Just like the retards from r/wallstreetbets:
It can go up 100.000%. Down, not more than 100%.
If you like Signal, check out Keet. Instead of servers it is pure peer to peer, like a bittorrent client for communications and file sharing, and it is cross-platform (android, iOS, pc)

Very useful for chat and file sharing that can’t be snooped (no server in the middle and end to end encryption)

I’ve been buying dips the past few days. Mostly tectum , and a few others

Sad news, mexc is no longer going to allow users with no Id verification. I will have to unload a few coins

Well, Grayscale can't go below 0 BTC. Their selloff, along with Coinbase, seem to be some of the big drivers pushing it back down below $70k. Blackrock's ETF will hold more bitcoin within a couple of weeks at this pace.

There's also talk of some random wallet that has been adding 100 BTC every day. Some speculate it's a sovereign investment fund, like Qatar/UAE/Saudi.
Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 9.20.22 PM.png

If you like Signal, check out Keet. Instead of servers it is pure peer to peer, like a bittorrent client for communications and file sharing, and it is cross-platform (android, iOS, pc)

Very useful for chat and file sharing that can’t be snooped (no server in the middle and end to end encryption)

The problem with small or unknown companies is that they suffer less scrutiny and can be easily bribed*. Signal costs $50 million a year to maintain. Now has usernames (no more phone number sharing). Such app have its code inspected way more often than unknown ones.

Just like Bitcoin with its network effect. Which one will suffer an exploit? Bitcoin or some new shitcoin?

*Pavel Durov in one article mentioned the US government tried to “hire as consultants” Telegram employees.

Keet is free and open-source and has been vetted by well known Bitcoiners. Even if you don’t trust it to plan the next revolution, it is darn useful for moving files between iOS android and computer.

Back