• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Is everyone still thinking 2025 for the BTC top and it being around $100-150k? Or are people thinking this year is more likely and with lower/higher figures?
Every cycle there is always rumblings about a super cycle or this time is different etc etc...i think it's going to mirror the last 3 cycles.

Is everyone still thinking 2025 for the BTC top and it being around $100-150k? Or are people thinking this year is more likely and with lower/higher figures?
I say ATH sooner than people think and then a VERY quick fomo move to over 100k. The ultimate cycle ATH will be in 2025 late, yes. It could get to 200+ but let's just say it'll hover around 150

Yes. Same as Chance and then probably Blade. It looks like the ETF has added a lot of support to BTC price. There probably should have been a bigger sell off in the post-listing dip, but it's been pretty strong.

Going back to Jan 2023, I was seeing mostly trading between $20-35k last year. That was correct up until the ETF rumours grew and took it up to $48k. And also going back to Jan 2023, I saw it be mostly trading between $30k and $50k this year, with a run in the latter part of the year, probably with a new ATH. That has also folded under ETF pressure. Probably up those $10k. I could see $100k at the end of the year.

It's a wildcard how much the EFT could pump it. There could be huge FOMO from boomers and giant porting of traditional assets.

I am also seeing a lot of people are dumping tired old coins like ADA right now, and getting into superior fresh coins like ALPH + KAS. High performance L1 narrative is growing over POS.

Last night a lot of people were taking out loans to buy crypto, so it makes sense we are down today )

Another wild card is recession, which I have not been keeping up with. @Blade Runner - what is the latest? I noticed that California unemployment is up to 5% now, but still not much change in the national.

frd2.jpg

John Williams, PhD, Real Stats versus manufactured current FRED Data.
When the US Gov altered real stats from the 1980s to artificially suppress real GDP, Inflation and Unemployment etc to restrict and lower COLAs re Fed Gov pensions and Social Security to "control" deficits. John Williams clients noticed that their carefully constructed Manufacturing and Services Econometric models to forecast real demand went haywire as the Fed Gov diverged from real 1980s metrics. Dr. Williams then developed shadowstats.gov to correct the Fed Govs deceptive modifications to key economics data.

Ivan on Tech co-host says Qubic is "a real banger".

People are saying it will be the first coin to hit $1b on SafeTrade.

FUD. Top 3.

The better brother is not just in, he's on the board.

photo_2024-02-18_18-27-23.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this post on reddit when I was searching for price models using Metcalfe's Law:

The law itself is correct, but the calculation of the participants in the network will become too complicated, so it is of little use for prediction:

1. Bitcoin will never be available to billions of people as the institutions will just hold and even with Lightning Network transactions of small amounts will be less popular.
  2. The network effect will get offloaded to other cryptocurrencies.
  3. Bitcoin will slowly be turned into digital standard/gold and sit in the vaults.

Here are some interesting points. What is available depends on how hard it truly is and how, perhaps mentally, Satoshis can be then considered valuable and part of the reality of new hardest money in an era in which people remembered that banners had 1 BTC priced in USD.

I'm not sure about #2, that seems to be a point most maxi types (I'm close to that admittedly) don't see, as it doesn't make much sense. I can see 3 happening as I see BTC as digital gold and my most likely thesis is that it becomes the most desired asset/store of value, which means it is base layer and other things are utilized, such as "currencies" on top of it - as humans have always done.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?
1. Institutions will just hold.
So, how does that prevent 8 billion people from using it. Bitcoin is infinitely divisible. If there was only 1 BTC left in circulation outside of Institutions, 8 billion people could still use it.

2. The network effect will get offloaded to crypto.
History has shown the opposite to be true. Every shitcoin trends towards 0 in BTC terms. Network effects are only surmountable by something that is orders of magnitude better. What is orders of magnitude better than BTC in terms of decentralization, security, and network? Nothing.

3. Bitcoin will slowly become gold 2.0 and sit in vaults.
The difference is that it is instantly assayable, verifiable, transactable anywhere and anytime, and self-custody is almost free...Maybe banks or governments will re-hypothecate and hand out BTC IOU's, government shitcoins, etc., and they will separate plenty of people from their real BTC. That just means people who trust other people that they shouldn't trust are going to be poor. That doesn't mean that Bitcoin fails at protecting people who want to use it.

Good reaction from the support zone. A daily close with candle body ETHBTC above 0.05596 then ETHBTC will challenge 0.0600 and could rotate up to 0.079

1708048411816.png

We've now confirmed ETH is resuming its uptrend against bitcoin on the Daily+. I expect ETH will gain much more than BTC for at least the next several months. I'm tracking 4H market structure to watch for any fake outs as its a bit recent.

1708484499358.png

Last edited:
Thanks Cynllo for the perspective. I wiffed on 2017 and 2020 and subsequently got sucked back into the rat race both times and fell off tracking crypto. I'm currently all in - mostly btc and a handful of well thought out sh*tcoins with exit plans.

How all Bitcoin becomes non KYC

White - Using Fiat​

Fiat area is infinite and yet it is also a place where the value can be stolen,counterfeited , devalued, centrally planned and taxed.

Gray B/W Noise - KYC/AML Zone of Absorbtion​

Here is where the off ramp from usury happens and the threat of documenting your escape is clearly a warning for you to shut up and continue on your slave path.

Black - Using Bitcoin​

You've learned how to hold your own. You've sent from one wallet to another and another. You've bought stuff. You sold your bitcoin for a premium and bought more and then sold it again for a premium. You have set up your Lightning Node. You are routing payments for cheap just to move in locked signature channels. You are sending to other nodes and they are sending on chain back to your hot wallet and you are sending some somewhere else. You are streaming media. You are boosting value for value. You just use fiat to pay for shit you have to have and now bitcoin pays for what you want.

IMG_1114.jpeg

Will governments even bother to look back at BTC exchanges and participants, or just move on? I wonder if Kratter is right that coinbase is a honeypot and the US gov will eventually just seize coinbases holdings for the ETFs - interesting theory since blackrock owns most of the newly bought BTC for ETFs, though many others are buying and holding now too.

Back