• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

I agree, but there are 8M addresses between 0.1 and 1, so there could be whole coiners there with multiple as well.

I‘ve encountered 2 in my personal life. One I have a business relationship with, and I don’t know what his stack is, but he accepts BTC preferentially for work, which is usually $3k+. The other I encountered at work, and he had a sizable stack (of IOUs).
I meant to bring this point up too. I'm in that bucket.

I use tangem cold storage. Backups are a safe in my house and safe deposit box in my bank. Both should survive a fire.

Does this wallet work without needing to connect to a computer/internet/bluetooth?

Looking for one that is quick to support new assets like Sui, Sei etc.

It does not support sei yet . You can add custom tokens but cannot transfer on the sei network yet. Yes it’s cold storage, no 12 word passcode. You scan it with your phone but if you want to sell the actual tangem wallet needs a scan . I have it set to scan my eyes to unlock. If you have android a thumb print should work

Not sure about sui

I
I agree, but there are 8M addresses between 0.1 and 1, so there could be whole coiners there with multiple as well.

I‘ve encountered 2 in my personal life. One I have a business relationship with, and I don’t know what his stack is, but he accepts BTC preferentially for work, which is usually $3k+. The other I encountered at work, and he had a sizable stack (of IOUs).

it’s a wild guess and there is probably no way to know, but 1M seems correct to me. Maybe it’s less than that.

How about 10M people that have 0.1 BTC?

There are 2 billion people on earth who have at least $10,000 net worth. 0.1 BTC would be 50% of their net worth, which I would say is adoption.

As far as adoption, worldwide, BTC is at 0.5%

So, we are still early…we aren’t to the steep part of the S curve. The best is yet to come.
saw a YouTube video where the guy ran through the math and estimated that there are around 250,000 individuals that are whole coiners.

Doing some analysis of past cycles. Interesting findings: - 37% of top 100 coins at the 2021 top were not even in the top 200 two months before halving (where we are now) - 5 of the top 15 were not in the top 200 two months before halving - 39% of the top 100 at the 2021 top are not in the top 100 any more - Only 3 coins stayed in the top 10 from the 2017 top to the 2021 topBuy new coins. Buy new coins. Buy new coins.We already new this but buy new cons

Been managing a portfolio for a friend.

photo_2024-02-27_14-21-19.jpg

Average time of holding these is about 30 days.

Return - 3X

Market return - 0.25X

Outpacing the market by 1200%

ALPH chart is very strong. Vaulting from support to support with ease. A nice one to use as a base to rotate out of.

alph.jpg

SPACE is maybe the last sub-$100m cap L1 you can get into that should rip.

Qubic has passed anti-sodomy laws. No weak hands.

qubic.jpg

Last edited:

My $125k BTC target is going up.

Crypto should account for 1%+ of global financial assets - $11T.

Boomers and others will have to buy Bitcoin ETFs.

ETFs need to pour billions into CEXs, which will rotate into alt season.

My $125k BTC target is going up.

Crypto should account for 1%+ of global financial assets - $11T.

Boomers and others will have to buy Bitcoin ETFs.

ETFs need to pour billions into CEXs, which will rotate into alt season.

Yes. The feedback loop hasn't started yet, and we're getting closer to ATHs. I'm not sold on alts, but won't be surprised if they catch some fire, and the key will be if you can locate them like Cynllo can.

I personally think it goes like this, and first I do think we have a March test with banking problems and equity selloffs: BTC to new ATH by halving, then it rises to six figures fairly quickly, and the FOMO continues as the market cap of gold is long gone and we are now in a major supply crunch bull run that doesn't stop for some time, as all dips are bought.

Yes. The feedback loop hasn't started yet, and we're getting closer to ATHs. I'm not sold on alts, but won't be surprised if they catch some fire, and the key will be if you can locate them like Cynllo can.

I personally think it goes like this, and first I do think we have a March test with banking problems and equity selloffs: BTC to new ATH by halving, then it rises to six figures fairly quickly, and the FOMO continues as the market cap of gold is long gone and we are now in a major supply crunch bull run that doesn't stop for some time, as all dips are bought.

photo_2024-02-28_16-38-52.jpg

That's about to go down to 450 mined per day.

At the current rate we can probably expect $500b-$1t of USD flowing into exchanges to buy BTC for ETFs. There are currently $141b in stables.

My BTC target has been $125k for some time. But with how things are going, it should be more.

We could see crypto account for 1% of financial global assets, which would be $11t TOTAL cap. Still a small number. And Bitcoin at about $250k (based on its current price). But with all the inflows buying BTC, maybe it goes higher than the market. And it's certainly going to be sucking from boomer coins like ADA.

1/4 million is now in feasible. This is rough and hypothetical. Just based on rounding current market caps. Those could obviously change. Assets listed - rough speculation. I use this to gauge rough X targets on coins.

Screenshot from 2024-02-28 17-27-17.png

Bitcoin is making a crazy Bull run last 24-48 hrs. Anyone selling now or riding it out?

Anyone selling now will regret it by the end of 2025. Bitcoin has topped on a 4 year cycle in Nov-Dec (2013, 2017, 2021, 2025).

I think the high could come before Q3/4 2025 - when, I'm not sure - but the introduction of such volume of institutional capital makes this cycle a bit different to the previous ones. I'll probably begin taking profit (i.e selling) at $100-120k-ish and I'll be really happy with that considering what I bought for, even if it means I miss out on much bigger gains if I hold for longer. The other situation - being too greedy only to miss out - is far worse. If that 100-120k comes this year, great. If next year, great too.

But I can't lie - it will be very tempting to HODL for a bit longer to see if it makes it to $200+ .... and therein lies the hardest part of the four year cycle, greed!

I am much more interested in staying put and holding to see where the ETF thing goes and what effects the halving has.

It could be some of the net ETF inflows are from some people selling off exchanges and migrating ownership to ETF’s, and it could be overblown.

…or it could be going to the moon.

What's odd about this cycle is that we haven't tested the previous range (31.8K - 24.4K) since the up move. We do this every cycle before the ATH pump.

I think it's financially wise to take some profits just to make sure you're in the green for all your hard work in taking the crypto risk. I'm personally taking 15% off my spot bag.

I think the high could come before Q3/4 2025 - when, I'm not sure - but the introduction of such volume of institutional capital makes this cycle a bit different to the previous ones. I'll probably begin taking profit (i.e selling) at $100-120k-ish and I'll be really happy with that considering what I bought for, even if it means I miss out on much bigger gains if I hold for longer. The other situation - being too greedy only to miss out - is far worse. If that 100-120k comes this year, great. If next year, great too.

But I can't lie - it will be very tempting to HODL for a bit longer to see if it makes it to $200+ .... and therein lies the hardest part of the four year cycle, greed!
just don’t sell if this is the last cycle…there will come a time where the only direction is up.

Back