Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

Nah bro [insert shilling for random ****coin here] is better because [insert reasons why its tech that no one cares about or understands is more innovative] and it will [insert baseless, optimistic predictions about decentralization, global transactions, and currency transitions, that never amounts to anything]

2072: The bubble will pop any day now!

Last edited:
Nah bro [insert shilling for random ****coin here] is better because [insert reasons why its tech that no one cares about or understands is more innovative] and it will [insert baseless, optimistic predictions about decentralization, global transactions, and currency transitions, that never amounts to anything]

2072: The bubble will pop any day now!
Just like with the Dotcom bubble where over 99% of dotcom companies where scams that went bust, after the bubble a handful of real and useful companies went on to become tech giants. Crypto is the same. Most cryptos will become worthless but eventually a handful will emerge that are extremely useful, although its very hard to predict the winners ahead of time. There will be other cryptos that emerge that won't have the monetary utility of Bitcoin but they will be used for other purposes.

Just like with the Dotcom bubble where over 99% of dotcom companies where scams that went bust, after the bubble a handful of real and useful companies went on to become tech giants. Crypto is the same. Most cryptos will become worthless but eventually a handful will emerge that are extremely useful, although its very hard to predict the winners ahead of time. There will be other cryptos that emerge that won't have the monetary utility of Bitcoin but they will be used for other purposes.

This is incorrect. Other cryptos will not exist in any legitimate use case. The only use case is as money. “Blockchain” has zero security unless the native currency it runs, is itself money. There will only be one money - not only because the dominant money wins, but it is also borderless…unlike fiat currency with strict capital controls, Bitcoin doesn’t care about whether you are in France or Japan.

There will be no utility tokens because they won’t have value, only bitcoin has value. There is absolutely no need to buy laundry tokens to do laundry, computer tokens to compute, and file tokens to store data. Bitcoin is native digital money that can be used to pay for anything on the market, that is the definition of money…the most saleable good possible. There is zero native value to these things therefore zero security (try spending your arcade tokens anywhere.)

Bitcoin is layers deeper than a tech startup…it is a protocol. It is TCP/IP….the protocol has already won, and it works.

Bitcoin is currently being used in the nostr protocol for social media, also for AI compute (pay per individual use instead of monthly subscription ) but will be used in other apps like Waze and Google ratings etc. instead of a valueless "like" for a helpful warning about a speed trap or restaurant review, you can leave real value.
Nothing else out there is currently being used for anything but gambling. None of that garbage does anything that is promised. (Except Montero, if you need drugs or counterfeit euros off the dark web)

You’re joking right?
I was being more tongue in cheek. The more I learn about crypto the more I think it's all BS and the only real difference between different cryptocurrencies isn't the tech but the belief in it, which itself is built off of nothing but hype and manipulation. BTC is more accepted since it's the first and has more exposure and that's it. I genuinely don't believe anyone gives a **** about the costs associated with mining and confirmations. Anonymity certainly matters, especially for grey/dark market transactions but that says nothing about the inherent value of the cryptocurrency itself. When people can just go buy Monero spontaneously and instantly transact with them, there's no reason they need to be regarded as anything more than a temporary commodity, or a means to an end. And the people that need to conduct anonymous transactions long-term - are they really so common as to raise the collective value on their own? Most people have zero need or interest in conducting anonymous transactions. I just don't think the differences in tech matters to the average person, not saying they shouldn't matter, but it's just irrelevant to most people.

Dogecoin could be one of them. We have no idea. Since crypto has no real value and it's tech is probably moot in a survival of the fittest sense, it is ultimately going to be a complete crapshoot which ones survives.

Last edited:
This is incorrect. Other cryptos will not exist in any legitimate use case. The only use case is as money. “Blockchain” has zero security unless the native currency it runs, is itself money. There will only be one money - not only because the dominant money wins, but it is also borderless…unlike fiat currency with strict capital controls, Bitcoin doesn’t care about whether you are in France or Japan.

There will be no utility tokens because they won’t have value, only bitcoin has value. There is absolutely no need to buy laundry tokens to do laundry, computer tokens to compute, and file tokens to store data. Bitcoin is native digital money that can be used to pay for anything on the market, that is the definition of money…the most saleable good possible. There is zero native value to these things therefore zero security (try spending your arcade tokens anywhere.)

Bitcoin is layers deeper than a tech startup…it is a protocol. It is TCP/IP….the protocol has already won, and it works.
People have created startups with the goal of mass-titling residential properties in badly developed countries, e.g. Namibia. You can title whole neighborhoods for $1k and then people gain property rights that they can show.

Just one concept for blockchain.

Exactly. Bitcoin seems to be the "Apple" or "google" of crypto, but who knows what else will pop up.

I haven’t posted much on here lately . I’m still holding the same coins , mostly kas, alph and Tao for the majority of my portfolio , I do still hold a number of low cap coins that are more of a gamble: aitech, chrp, mzero , mintlayer and tectum, I’ll probably sell some of the first to pump to consolidate the rest.

For the people that haven’t been following, kaspa is a layer 1 that recently got a tier 1 listing confirmation, on kraken, and also got smart contracts confirmed earlier this year, those were the two big question marks. Its gone up in price the past two years despite the rest of the market essentially in a bear market,

- You’ve already written off this money, you knew it was gambling, don’t hold anything against your friend.
- I was you in 2021, I wanted bigger gains than BTC before I fully understood the chasm of difference between alts and BTC
- my opinion on XRP, (worth exactly 2 sats) is: the only coin more scammy is (was) Hex.

Learn from it, in the overall scheme you got off easy, because you used some judgement and knew it was gambling. There are many people who risked big with life changing results.

Maybe XRP has another bull run, maybe, some alts probably will. I think there will be a cycle where people expect an alt bull run that never happens. Who knows if it’s this one or the next…

Sure, some people make quick money in alts, and even more lose it quickly. Alts come and go, and it is zero sum. Bitcoin isn’t going anywhere, and is not zero sum…it just keeps going.

Dabbling in alts was a part of my Bitcoin education, and it was worth every penny.

I highly, highly, recommend reading The Bitcoin Standard, by Saifedean Ammous. If you want the best return on $20 and 10 hours a human can make, it was my catapult into the rabbit hole.
This morning I officially started reading the bitcoin standard book👍🏻

John Mcaffe explaining Bitcoin, for those who dont know the guy before he was killed he actually lived without a bank account, cards or cash, he only used crypto currencies and said he could but everything with it, cars, houses, bullet proof vests, groceries etc

I was being more tongue in cheek. The more I learn about crypto the more I think it's all BS and the only real difference between different cryptocurrencies isn't the tech but the belief in it, which itself is built off of nothing but hype and manipulation. BTC is more accepted since it's the first and has more exposure and that's it. I genuinely don't believe anyone gives a **** about the costs associated with mining and confirmations. Anonymity certainly matters, especially for grey/dark market transactions but that says nothing about the inherent value of the cryptocurrency itself. When people can just go buy Monero spontaneously and instantly transact with them, there's no reason they need to be regarded as anything more than a temporary commodity, or a means to an end. And the people that need to conduct anonymous transactions long-term - are they really so common as to raise the collective value on their own? Most people have zero need or interest in conducting anonymous transactions. I just don't think the differences in tech matters to the average person, not saying they shouldn't matter, but it's just irrelevant to most people.

Dogecoin could be one of them. We have no idea. Since crypto has no real value and it's tech is probably moot in a survival of the fittest sense, it is ultimately going to be a complete crapshoot which ones survives.
I dont like the fact that everytime I use my debit car my bank can see exactly what I bought, who pays me, who I pay, they can also track my location everytime I buy something at a certain location and they can check the time too. Look what happened to Nick Fuentez the government once froze his bank account and apparently took his money, or the Canadian truck drivers who protested during thw lockdowns what happened to their bank accounts, I like the idea that we can have a place to store money and do transactions thats more private

Anyone on here know more about El Salvador the first country to adopt Bitcoin? Their president seems to be quite based and has been cleaning up the gangs in his country and seems to hold some kind of Christian values from a speech I heard from him.

People have created startups with the goal of mass-titling residential properties in badly developed countries, e.g. Namibia. You can title whole neighborhoods for $1k and then people gain property rights that they can show.

Just one concept for blockchain.
No, this is fundamentally flawed. The concept of "blockchain" as useful for anything, except bitcoin.
Aside from the fact that a blockchain with no monetary use has no security incentive...

People do not "gain property rights" with titles on a blockchain, any more than they had before. The people with guns determine who has property rights. The use of or threat of force determines who owns what...if you can't defend it, you don't really own it. Blockchain does not change the logic of violence except in the case of bitcoin. The rules are enforced by bitcoin itself, self contained and unstoppable. No courts, lawyers, or police required. No amount of courts, police, or guns, affect the ownership of bitcoin...that is the difference.

Do you think the white South African farmers would have saved their property from confiscation, if only it were on a blockchain!?
Exactly. Bitcoin seems to be the "Apple" or "google" of crypto, but who knows what else will pop up.
Bitcoin is not a company. There is no CEO, no HQ, no P&L...its a protocol. It's email. Maybe something better than email will come along, so you should switch to wizbang-mail and start using that...except that excludes you from millions of other users. You can't communicate with anyone using the wizbang-mail protocol. You can't just replace something already built, with an established network. The incentives prevent it. Bitcoin is a Schelling point.

Last edited:

Anyone on here know more about El Salvador the first country to adopt Bitcoin? Their president seems to be quite based and has been cleaning up the gangs in his country and seems to hold some kind of Christian values from a speech I heard from him.

Find some podcasts from Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert, they are Americans (and OG bitcoiners) living there.

I dont like the fact that everytime I use my debit car my bank can see exactly what I bought, who pays me, who I pay, they can also track my location everytime I buy something at a certain location and they can check the time too. Look what happened to Nick Fuentez the government once froze his bank account and apparently took his money, or the Canadian truck drivers who protested during thw lockdowns what happened to their bank accounts, I like the idea that we can have a place to store money and do transactions thats more private
Exactly...more people are waking up to the fact that your money in the bank is not legally yours. You are a creditor to the bank. The government can make you do things if you store your life force in a bank. Bitcoin fixes this.

What we are experiencing now was forecasted by two economists (not keynesian!) in this book: They predicted the invention of bitcoin in 1996, 12 years before the bitcoin whitepaper. If you are in this thread, its my second most recommended book, besides the Bitcoin Standard. The Sovereign Individual: how to survive and thrive during the collapse of the welfare state

Last edited:
Back