• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Bitcoin and Crypto Thread

I'm going to bow out of this thread soon because I don't own any bitcoin and I never will. I don't understand it and I don't want to understand it. I have limited time on this earth and unfortunately for me (financially), I didn't take the collective advice of 2016 RVF 1.0 and buy BTC at $600 a coin. In the interim, I am buying a Cessna with cash earned on the weekends recycling scrap metal and learning to fly it. Who's got time for Bitcoin? 😉

Fuck off You are doing no such thing you broke jack off liar. Did the aliens give you the funds?

This is incredible, and good for you. However, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Get out now. Don't be greedy. You found an "angle," got lucky, and succeeded, now take your "earnings" and forget about this nonsense. Become a diesel mechanic.

Don't worry, it doesn't. When 80 year-old grandmas are feeding $100 bills into BTC machines at 7-Eleven's at 10'o'clock at night you know the gig is up.

Scorpion keeps spitting hard truths yet the BTC copium ensues.

I thought it was Circle K? "I'll take things that never happened for 0.01 BTC, Alex."
It was neither. As a course of habit I always slightly change the details of any stories or personal information I share on here while keeping the moral of the story intact. Good thing too, because I've got a CiK stalker who is keeping "tabs on me," and fortunately, like you, he is getting many things wrong about me. I would never lie over something as trivial as an old lady feeding cash into a BTC machine late at night inside a ghetto convenience store just to sound interesting.
And here we have it. Please notice that the right thing to do, and therefore of course what I would do, is stay away from arguing with others regarding something I admit I know little to nothing about.
I know little to nothing about crypto, money, life, and death? Well, that's like your opinion, man... You shouldn't read so literally into everything I write. Saying "I know nothing and don't want to know anything" about BTC is a figure of speech you dense, know-it-all, knucklehead.
...someone calls me prideful, an ego or arrogant as a result, it's because I do have a major background or expertise in it. Don't get mad at me but learn here, what you are doing in going back and forth, having admitted this, is all ego.
Riddle me this Gmanifesto... why would anyone ever call you "prideful" and "arrogant"? Oh no, someone as brilliant as you would never operate out of ego! Okay, I'm out of this thread and done "talking" with you until I meet you in person, suited down. But that will never happen will it "Blade Runner"? Guys like you will never show their face in person.

Last edited:
Stalker homo back for more ban hammer cause mom like whore

Carry on with your homo circlejerk jack ass. Show yourself in person you artist loser wanker, why are you asking others to out themselves and go to your gay meetup??? Better idea…post pics here where’s the proof??? Cessna lol nobody is fallin for your dumb bragging shit you can’t afford shit, you broke ass motherfucker.

Carry on with your homo circlejerk jack ass. Show yourself in person you artist loser wanker, why are you asking others to out themselves and go to your gay meetup??? Better idea…post pics here where’s the proof??? Cessna lol nobody is fallin for your dumb bragging shit you can’t afford shit, you broke ass motherfucker.
jim-carrey-type.gif

I'll be honest, I don't really understand this. I've heard of Tether, but I don't know how it is related to Bitcoin. Happy to be edified.
Tether is something that you'll never hear guys like chance vought and Blade Runner talk about, because when you look into it you can't help but think there's something very shady afoot. I'll just drop a few links you can peruse, but the gist of it is that Tether claims to back the USDT stablecoin 1:1 with cash and cash equivalents, which people then use to buy Bitcoin on exchanges. This helps to keep the price of Bitcoin inflated. The problem is that Tether has never been audited, and there is every reason to believe based on their behavior (often minting billions of dollars worth of USDT out of thin air on a regular basis right before the price of Bitcoin "coincidentally" pumps) that their actual reserves are nowhere near what they claim to be. Essentially, they are massively inflating the price of Bitcoin by counterfeiting virtual dollars (USDT) that aren't backed by real cash.

Reminder: newly registered members face high scrutiny from mods and must build credibility with solid posting and respectful dialogue.
Our personalities around here can get caught up in things, I get it, but I just want to point out the next time I say (even though it's true) something, and someone calls me prideful, an ego or arrogant as a result, it's because I do have a major background or expertise in it.

Why would anyone take investment advice from you if you can't even write English at a 2nd grade level? If English is not your first language then forgive me.

Last edited:
Tether may not be backed 1:1...but guess what is backing the so called money the banking system? A lot less than 1:1. Likely 1:100.

Tether doesn't need to create fake dollars to be extremely profitable. Imagine collecting 5% interest on $100 billion of other people's money (who get none of it). And your entire business has about 50 employees. They don't need to cheat to generate fabulous wealth.

TLDR: tether dollars are much more collateralized than banking system dollars. The government didn't print $1trillion in one month to bail out tether...they did for the banks.

Suppose Tether blows up anyway. Bitcoin crashes, but it won't die.

I'll be honest, I don't really understand this. I've heard of Tether, but I don't know how it is related to Bitcoin. Happy to be edified.

Compare the market cap of Tether and the marketcap of BTC. There is a strong correlation.

Everyone knows that Tether is not backed 1:1 with the US dollar but the price is still $1. When Tether receives funds, they mint an equal amount of Tether tokens and issue them to the buyer. What's likely happening is that a whale will send money to Tether and receive more tokens then what the open market would dictate. For example, a whale would send 30 million to Tether and receive 70 million Tether tokens. The whale would then buy 70 million dollars worth of BTC.

Eventually, Tether will lose its 1:1 peg and collapse. This scenario would be terrible for the price of BTC.

But that will never happen will it "Blade Runner"? Guys like you will never show their face in person.
Except for the people that have met me and know I'm legit. Believe what you want. I'm not your adversary.
I know little to nothing about crypto, money, life, and death?
Please go back and read what you wrote that I just reiterated. You said, "I don't understand BTC, and I don't want to understand it." That's what you said. The conclusion that is basic for any logical thinker would be, don't listen to the man who doesn't know and doesn't want to (on that topic). Where's the fault in that? Why write things in, that I didn't state?
Tether is something that you'll never hear guys like chance vought and Blade Runner talk about, because when you look into it you can't help but think there's something very shady afoot.
We've talked about Tether before, and we'll do it again if we need to. They have a balance sheet that has been audited by Cantor Fitzgerald, as I probably told you 20 pages ago. You act like we don't know the topics well, or better, than others. Why wouldn't we? It's our duty, and if you haven't noticed, why we are so convicted.
Why would anyone take investment advice from you if you can't even write English at a 2nd grade level?
It's amusing when trolls claim that someone who has attained more education than probably anyone they know can't "write English." I won't bother to defend a position that is clearly nonsensical, but it's funny to me that you just level claims without any evidence.

All we do here is answer questions that are valid, and set things straight. The impartial person who would like to inquire and learn more about these topics, and specifically BTC, I'm sure is grateful.

They have a balance sheet that has been audited by Cantor Fitzgerald, as I probably told you 20 pages ago. You act like we don't know the topics well, or better, than others.
Well, the fact that you don't understand the difference between an investment bank/primary dealer like Cantor Fitzgerald, and an audit firm (i.e. preferably one of the Big 4 - PWC, Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG) tells me that unfortunately, you do not know the topic nearly as well as you think you do.

Here's a breakdown for anyone interested.

Equating the offhanded remarks of a Jewish investment bank CEO during a media interview with the results of a detailed financial audit by an accredited auditing firm is both hilarious and insane. It's the sort of error that no one with even cursory knowledge of business and finance would make. If this is the basis for your argument that Tether is entirely above board, I find it woefully unconvincing, as would anyone else who isn't completely drunk on the Bitcoin Kool-Aid.

Take a step back and realize that FTX, Sam Bankman-Fried's scam crypto company that spectacularly imploded in 2022, and which had a ridiculously amateurish and outright fraudulent balance sheet kept in MS Excel, at least actually went to the trouble of appearing legitimate by hiring third-rate auditors. Despite being a much larger company, Tether won't even submit itself to an actual audit, instead relying on "attestations" (a MUCH less invasive process that is basically just a rubber stamp saying that documents provided to the accounting firm appear legitimate). In other words, an audit is basically, "Give us access to every single bit of your company's financial record keeping and we will comb through it all in search of discrepancies", while an attestation is, "The balance sheet you've provided us appears to be legit, keep up the good work!". Or to make a more salacious analogy, imagine a husband suspected his wife of being unfaithful, so he hired a private investigator to follow her around, and somehow hacked her phone to know her call, text and location history. That would be an audit. On the other hand, an attestation would be him simply asking her, "Honey, are you cheating on me?"

Well, the fact that you don't understand the difference between an investment bank/primary dealer like Cantor Fitzgerald, and an audit firm (i.e. preferably one of the Big 4 - PWC, Deloitte, E&Y, KPMG) tells me that unfortunately, you do not know the topic nearly as well as you think you do.

Here's a breakdown for anyone interested.

Equating the offhanded remarks of a Jewish investment bank CEO during a media interview with the results of a detailed financial audit by an accredited auditing firm is both hilarious and insane. It's the sort of error that no one with even cursory knowledge of business and finance would make. If this is the basis for your argument that Tether is entirely above board, I find it woefully unconvincing, as would anyone else who isn't completely drunk on the Bitcoin Kool-Aid.

Take a step back and realize that FTX, Sam Bankman-Fried's scam crypto company that spectacularly imploded in 2022, and which had a ridiculously amateurish and outright fraudulent balance sheet kept in MS Excel, at least actually went to the trouble of appearing legitimate by hiring third-rate auditors. Despite being a much larger company, Tether won't even submit itself to an actual audit, instead relying on "attestations" (a MUCH less invasive process that is basically just a rubber stamp saying that documents provided to the accounting firm appear legitimate). In other words, an audit is basically, "Give us access to every single bit of your company's financial record keeping and we will comb through it all in search of discrepancies", while an attestation is, "The balance sheet you've provided us appears to be legit, keep up the good work!". Or to make a more salacious analogy, imagine a husband suspected his wife of being unfaithful, so he hired a private investigator to follow her around, and somehow hacked her phone to know her call, text and location history. That would be an audit. On the other hand, an attestation would be him simply asking her, "Honey, are you cheating on me?"
Tether seems like quite the house of cards to me. If (when?) it collapses, the price of most or all cryptocurrencies will drop substantially, like a 2008 financial crisis but limited to crypto, hopefully.

When that happens, it seems like a good opportunity to buy more bitcoin. I'm sure Tether's processes has increased the price of bitcoin, but I don't see how tether actually impacts bitcoin fundamentals. Happy to entertain the discussion.

That guy Aswath Damodaran(sp?) said, "bitcoin can only be priced, not valued, because it doesn't generate cash flows", which seems like a wise criticism. It seems to me that the ultimate value factor will simply be whether or not people believe it has value. It's rather different from some random publicly traded stock in that wall street will always get behind large cash flows.

But, my outlook: millennials and especially Gen Z all love crypto. Older generations still control most of the money for now, but young people will buy bitcoin for decades.

Love it or hate it, crypto is here to stay.

What makes Bitcoin special is that out of all the cryptos aside from Monero, it is the only one *possibility* created via fair launch. There is no one that we can currently prove that can game the bitcoin system and it looks to be designed that way.

The only risk I see as a store of value is that it could be a CIA psy ops and well if you're not managing your risk across different assets then I don't know what to tell you.

Every currency and crypto coins are doomed to fail eventually due to the iron law of bureaucracy if there is any organsing body sponsoring it.
so far what Im learning as an amateur is that bitcoin is safe and a good system Im convinced, I like it, Im concerned about the human factor for those who want to use bitcoin to put their life savings into for the long term, for example, the government without actually doing anything can cause trouble just by making false threats, they could make a public false threat to bitcoin users just like the government did during lockdowns and people will panic just like they did during the lockdowns and if majority of bitcoin people all start cashing out all at once it could seriously affect bitcoin? We cant deny the weakness of the human herd mentality. Nothing wrong with bitcoin though.

so far what Im learning as an amateur is that bitcoin is safe and a good system Im convinced, I like it, Im concerned about the human factor for those who want to use bitcoin to put their life savings into for the long term, for example, the government without actually doing anything can cause trouble just by making false threats, they could make a public false threat to bitcoin users just like the government did during lockdowns and people will panic just like they did during the lockdowns and if majority of bitcoin people all start cashing out all at once it could seriously affect bitcoin? We cant deny the weakness of the human herd mentality. Nothing wrong with bitcoin though.
Bitcoin is anti-fragile. Attacks make it stronger and more resilient.

case in point:

The most technocratic regime in the world banned Bitcoin mining in 2021. Over half the world’s hash rate was in China. Hash rate plummeted by 50%. Price dropped 40%. 3 years later and hash rate is now 3x what it was before the China ban. Mining is much more widely disturbed globally, in the USA, Africa, and SA.
I would argue Bitcoin is stronger, more resilient, because of the China mining ban.

Any attack on Bitcoin that I can think of, strengthens Bitcoin, and weakens the attacker. Imagine the strategic blunder of losing half of the Bitcoin hash rate? It’s like the Chinese burning their merchant fleet all over again….50 years from now it will be in the history books.

A state attack will only weaken the state. Bitcoin is just a tool, a resource. Germany, and much of Europe, is de-industrializing because Davos Man is attacking fossil fuels. Does that affect any other world users of an abundant energy source? Australia exports all of their coal to China, and China gets to use nice cheap coal, (and has such cheap power that they had 1/2 of all Bitcoin mining.)

Trying to punch through a brick wall will not damage the wall, but will damage yourself.

While Tether and its history are interesting, and possibly in the early stages shady, the fact remains that the BTC network is, and will always be, what it is. Even if Tether were to be found lacking (which it is not, they have 100s of billions in treasuries and in BTC itself), it would just postpone the rise of BTC, if that.

As we've noted, we will see what BTC, its network, adoption and price/valuation do. It won't be long in my opinion, so all I'm waiting for is to see how scorpion responds to its continued ascent.

Back