80s thread - The best of the 1980s

I remember this song when I was about 10 or so...no cable at the time so never saw the music video on MuchMusic, but remember it a lot on the radio.

A couple of songs from Swedish band, Crazy Lixx, who weren't around back then, but play 80's influenced, FM friendly rock music:

It's amazing how almost every successful tv show back then had a pretty great theme song. I can remember the songs even from shows I was too young for and didn't watch, like Dallas or Hawaii 5-0. I can't think of a single modern tv theme song I could recognize outside South Park (which is both annoying and I think from the 90s). In fairness I don't watch much tv but I haven't heard a good theme song in years.

Stu Phillips wrote most of the theme songs to these great shows.
His first big hit was The Monkees

Battlestar Galactica (already posted in the 70s thread) was good, but my favorite sci fi theme was Buck Rogers.
This was a really cool intro, especially in all the heydey of Space Camp and how cool space used to seem.

BJ and the Bear (already posted)

The Amazing Spider Man

Knight Rider, what an iconic song

Stu Phillips was setting them up and knocking them down.

Mike Post wrote the A-Team and Hill Street Blues, two other classics.

(Fun fact, apparently no one ever got shot in the A-Team, despite huge gun battles every week :D :D )

(CONTINUED BELOW)

The shows always had pleasant attractive modestly dressed but knockout females and they made the most out of their budget (The A-Team was such a wild show, would never get made today (for one they are vigilantes from the feds haha)).
Heck watching these intros is more entertaining than most of the garbage on tv today.

I won't post all the PBS stuff, but all the kids shows back then had great songs too (Reading Rainbow, Electric Company, The Bloodhound Gang, 3-2-1 Contact).. just look at how ACTIVE people were back then! (remember this is a show for science nerds haha):

Speaking of Robert Palmer and one of his Side Projects.
The 2 Big Hit Singles

Cool album...Lots of Good tunes..another hidden gem. Interesting Trivia Robert didn't tour with them or do live shows, Michael Des Barres was recruited.. RIP Robert, Had the Classy Suave thing down.

Back