Welcome to the Ladies Forum

>>Hah, I think Eastern Orthodox is still the term you're looking for<<
I've never heard it used in Australia - just "Orthodox" and "non-Orthodox", unlesss an ethnic jusrisdiction is being mentioned, in which case it wil be "Greek Orthodox", or "Serbian Orthodox" or whatever.
Those few of us who attend churches whose services are entirely in English simply call ourselves Orthodox.
That was my label on RVF and I wish to retain it, please.

Call me old-fashioned, but as a married woman, the last thing I’m interested in is a man private messaging me. This is why I appreciated the ability to have public discourse.
I totally agree! I'd rather talk to men publicly. I never felt like they were "policing" the women's forum and I valued their input. My huband and I were able to de-google my phone thanks to the smart guys on RVF! It would be nice to have a unisex space, but I respect their decision to not want any interaction with us.

I totally agree! I'd rather talk to men publicly. I never felt like they were "policing" the women's forum and I valued their input. My huband and I were able to de-google my phone thanks to the smart guys on RVF! It would be nice to have a unisex space, but I respect their decision to not want any interaction with us.
Does "de-google" your phone mean that you were able to disable your internet browsing capabilities? I am interested in doing something like that and have been experimenting with different ways to deal with smart phone addiction.

>>Hah, I think Eastern Orthodox is still the term you're looking for<<
I've never heard it used in Australia - just "Orthodox" and "non-Orthodox", unlesss an ethnic jusrisdiction is being mentioned, in which case it wil be "Greek Orthodox", or "Serbian Orthodox" or whatever.
Those few of us who attend churches whose services are entirely in English simply call ourselves Orthodox.
That was my label on RVF and I wish to retain it, please.

I've notified Samseau and Scorpion who'll decide on this.

Does "de-google" your phone mean that you were able to disable your internet browsing capabilities? I am interested in doing something like that and have been experimenting with different ways to deal with smart phone addiction.

I'd recommend the resource I shared here for how to do this btw.

Regarding "de-Googling" I figure we are already on someone's radar from past things our family members have said and done, both "privately" and in public. The cow is already out of the barn. That said, we do have a "Faraday" bag for our phones, etc. just in case. I like Duck Duck Go for web-searching. A family member swears by Linux, but it's too complicated for this tech-y dinosaur. What will be will be.

No, it removes all the Google apps and it changes the operating system, but you can still browse the internet and install any apps you want. Unfortunately, after being frustrated a lot, I ended up installing Google maps, which defeats the purpose lol 🙃

Call me old-fashioned, but as a married woman, the last thing I’m interested in is a man private messaging me. This is why I appreciated the ability to have public discourse.

This is indeed the tradeoff and downside. Overall I do not think it's worth dealing with the male/female headaches that come in a mixed forum, however, this is by far the strongest selling point in favor for a mixed forum.

That said, I would like to point out that everyone's profile is also a "mini-forum". People can talk to you publicly, if they click on your name. So if you want to talk to guys in your profile you still can, and it will still be a public space: your public space.

So if you are married, for instance, and do not want PMs from other men, then you can just tell them to post in your profile and post so others can chime in.

Likewise, if you have a question or want to discuss something with a guy in a public space, just click on his name and post a question or comment. Everyone can see it, it's a nice way of organizing things actually and I hope people use it more.

The downsides to keeping the public forums sex-separate are easily circumnavigated, while the upsides keep discussions focused and pleasurable for everyone to read.

This is indeed the tradeoff and downside. Overall I do not think it's worth dealing with the male/female headaches that come in a mixed forum, however, this is by far the strongest selling point in favor for a mixed forum.

That said, I would like to point out that everyone's profile is also a "mini-forum". People can talk to you publicly, if they click on your name. So if you want to talk to guys in your profile you still can, and it will still be a public space: your public space.

So if you are married, for instance, and do not want PMs from other men, then you can just tell them to post in your profile and post so others can chime in.

Likewise, if you have a question or want to discuss something with a guy in a public space, just click on his name and post a question or comment. Everyone can see it, it's a nice way of organizing things actually and I hope people use it more.

The downsides to keeping the public forums sex-separate are easily circumnavigated, while the upsides keep discussions focused and pleasurable for everyone to read.
Ok, that’s fair, I will try this. Thanks again for taking the time to iron this stuff out.

Hello, I wanted to say hi here, as I was on Roosh’s soon to be closed forum. I will keep my posts down to what is necessary and not get too much into my personal life as I did in the other forum. I have grown a lot since then and posted things that I perhaps shouldn’t have. Hey, we all have our tribulations one way or another, are humbled, then see in hindsight how we should have dealt with a challenging matter.

Hello, I wanted to say hi here, as I was on Roosh’s soon to be closed forum. I will keep my posts down to what is necessary and not get too much into my personal life as I did in the other forum. I have grown a lot since then and posted things that I perhaps shouldn’t have. Hey, we all have our tribulations one way or another, are humbled, then see in hindsight how we should have dealt with a challenging matter.
Same. At the onset of joining here, I already found myself too emotionally invested.
Practicing temperance.

Back