Welcome to the Ladies Forum

This is great, thanks to all the administrators for their hard work, and I love that it's open to women only.

This is great, thanks to all the administrators for their hard work, and I love that it's open to women only.

robin williams film GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Ms. Doubtfire is actually forum tech man Cynllo, who was using a fake woman's account in order to bug test new features. He's not mocking anyone, he's actually just pointing out that he's not a real woman with a humorous reference to Ms. Doubtfire movie.

Please take no offense. Also, be on guard for fake females.

Ms. Doubtfire is actually forum tech man Cynllo, who was using a fake woman's account in order to bug test new features. He's not mocking anyone, he's actually just pointing out that he's not a real woman with a humorous reference to Ms. Doubtfire movie.

Please take no offense. Also, be on guard for fake females.
Yes, I know who “Mrs. Doubtfire” is… And @PVW is from RVF. Don’t the admins have more important things to do than to post stupid gifs in the Ladies Forum?

If they need a job to do: get rid of the stupid “cosmetics and fashion” and “scents” categories and actually put in the subforums we voted on.

Edit: just in case you forgot:
- Religion
- Socio-Political / Current Events
- Living
- Culture
- Private

I personally liked it when men could also post in our section because it kept things from getting stale, and on certain topics it was nice to have different perspectives in one thread. I think a shared space to discuss topics like children’s health or family life would be beneficial. I would like a Health section, but eventually I’ll get around to making a thread or two.

Yes, I know who “Mrs. Doubtfire” is… And @PVW is from RVF. Don’t the admins have more important things to do than to post stupid gifs in the Ladies Forum?

If they need a job to do: get rid of the stupid “cosmetics and fashion” and “scents” categories and actually put in the subforums we voted on.

- Religion
- Living
- Culture
- Private
Please remember that, first and foremost, this is a forum for men and we should be thankful that they were kind enough to create the space for us ladies. Also, have a sense humor and stop being offended about everything!

BTW, I don't think scents, fashion, and make-up are stupid. And why are you giving orders anyway?

Last edited:
I personally liked it when men could also post in our section because it kept things from getting stale, and on certain topics it was nice to have different perspectives in one thread. I think a shared space to discuss topics like children’s health or family life would be beneficial. I would like a Health section, but eventually I’ll get around to making a thread or two.
What troubled me was the underlying premise of the women's section--as far as I understood it--that it wasn't about getting different perspectives from women and men, but that the women's space needed to be policed by men. One of the moderators noticed that it had a negative effect upon the conversations.

I don’t really pay attention to who is policing what, I just come here to read interesting things and share what I hope will benefit someone else. I think the women’s section is kind of boring, but hey, maybe that’s just me and that’s ok. I will try to participate more.

Thank you for creating this new forum. I've lurked on RVF for several years and the day it went private I knew I would join any newly created forum by all of you. Blessings to you all.

Allowing men in the women's section just created headaches for moderation. It also intimidated shy women from participating. Finally, every single Orthodox Church I've known, for perhaps thousands of years, has had a ladies club of some kind. Women deserve their own space so they may befriend and love each other as sisters in Christ.

As for male participation, all women are allowed to add emoji's to anyone's post in the rest of the forum. If a man sees you react to his posts, he can always PM you to ask thoughts or questions. This is a far healthier dynamic for the forum. This is actually more than what women could do on RVF. Ultimately this prevents threads from turning into men competing for female attention.

My grandmother sang in the choir for 60 years and was married for 50 years. She was considered so holy that the Bishop was obligated to attend her funeral.

Her perfume collection was gigantic, her bedroom smelled like a perfume store. Women love scents and we will see what happens to that forum. Right now my girlfriend complains that her favorite perfume forums are becoming politically correct toxic forums, and where women just want to trade perfumes yet instead they get shouted down by SJWs claiming the name of their perfume is racist or offensive. I'm hoping this forum can take over and provide a normal space for women to discuss and trade perfumes.

As for cosmetics, lots of women find ways around using toxic brands or they even make their own cosmetics. Again, 90% of women love cosmetics and have for all of recorded history (even Aristotle mentions it), therefore there should be a forum that isn't politically correct for women to discuss these things.

- Religion
- Living
- Culture
- Private

There will be no private section, and if there is strong demand for the other topics then I will consider creating them.

Why is the discussion closed regarding the issue of our participation on this forum? It might be nice to continue to discuss it In a specific place with disruptive posts being removed, of course.

Please remember that first and foremost this is a forum for men and we should be thankful that they were kind enough to create the space for us ladies. Also, have a sense humor and stop being offended about everything!

BTW, I don't think scents, fashion, and make-up are stupid. And why are you giving orders anyway?
The men running this forum decided that the Ladies Forum should be women only with admin/mod interaction only as needed but instead there was a admin abusing a “test account” to essentially tease a new member who was relieved that there was a limited male presence here. I find that inappropriate and just not very nice. I could be wrong but that’s just my opinion.

And, of course, I’m grateful to the people who created this space for us but I don’t know why they bothered to ask our opinion about subcategories if they were just going to pick (in my opinion) the silliest and most stereotypical subcategories anyway. It was funny at first but is getting kind of old.

Well my 2 cents is that I think it's awesome we can react with emojis in the men's forum. I'm fine with any topics that come up, even makeup and cosmetics, but the primary reason I'm here and was on RVF was to read certain topics on the men's forum.

Here's an idea that might be nice to get some perspectives on. What if we have "married" or "single" in our statuses? This could cut down on confusion and drama between the sexes on the forum. If you are designated as married, then you are NOT interested in any male/female dynamics beyond friendly and professional. ETA and maybe the single people can find each other since evidently there are men in the ladies' forum for that reason.

As for male participation, all women are allowed to add emoji's to anyone's post in the rest of the forum. If a man sees you react to his posts, he can always PM you to ask thoughts or questions. This is a far healthier dynamic for the forum. This is actually more than what women could do on RVF. Ultimately this prevents threads from turning into men competing for female attention.
Call me old-fashioned, but as a married woman, the last thing I’m interested in is a man private messaging me. This is why I appreciated the ability to have public discourse.

Again, thank you for setting up this forum so we don't miss out on our time to continue to share our thoughts and love with each other as we did on Roosh's. One thing our parish council learned is that if you ask 50 people for their opinions on how things should be run, you get 50 different ideas. Thank you for even asking our opinions; I know you will make the right decisions in running this new forum.

What does the Heritage label signify? And how do I identify myself as Orthodox, as on the previous forum?

Here's an idea that might be nice to get some perspectives on. What if we have "married" or "single" in our statuses? This could cut down on confusion and drama between the sexes on the forum. If you are designated as married, then you are NOT interested in any male/female dynamics beyond friendly and professional. ETA and maybe the single people can find each other since evidently there are men in the ladies' forum for that reason.

Good idea, that's been setup now like it is on RVF.

What does the Heritage label signify? And how do I identify myself as Orthodox, as on the previous forum?

Heritage badge is for RVF members - if you are one then put in your RVF About Me section something like "Valentine on Christ is King", then DM an admin on CIK to give you a badge. Actually there should probably be a Heritage request thread instead now that I think about it. I'll set one up in a bit. Edit: now available here.

Click on your username, Account Details, then you can edit your religion and other profile info.

Last edited:
Good idea, that's been setup now like it is on RVF.

Heritage badge is for RVF members - if you are one then put in your RVF About Me section something like "Valentine on Christ is King", then DM an admin on CIK to give you a badge. Actually there should probably be a Heritage request thread instead now that I think about it. I'll set one up in a bit. Edit: now available here.

Click on your username, Account Details, then you can edit your religion and other profile info.
So far, so good. But I can't post in the Heritage Request Thread because I'm a woman.
And I want just "Orthodox", not "Eastern Orthodox". East of Australia would be New Zealand, or way beyond that, South America!

Back