Video Games and Gaming Technology (In A Positive Light)

Reviews for Alan Wake 2 drop tomorrow morning, with the game releasing immediately afterward. The first game was a fantastic adventure-horror experience.
I'm worried about it, as you are forced to play as a black female FBI agent called Saga in the first chapter. After that, there is supposedly the choice to play as Saga or Alan at the beginning of each chapter. I'm convinced that there will be penalties to consistently choosing Alan. And if you do choose Alan, I bet Saga will constantly be on comms telling Alan what to do and girl bossing him.

Control was an estrogen bath. AFAIK, the only male character was a janitor.

I'm worried about it, as you are forced to play as a black female FBI agent called Saga in the first chapter. After that, there is supposedly the choice to play as Saga or Alan at the beginning of each chapter. I'm convinced that there will be penalties to consistently choosing Alan. And if you do choose Alan, I bet Saga will constantly be on comms telling Alan what to do and girl bossing him.

Control was an estrogen bath. AFAIK, the only male character was a janitor.

Certainly doesn't bode well for AW2 in that case and my interest has fallen off a cliff. Considering the video games industry it will probably also get glowing reviews for those same reasons.

That's an interesting take on Control. I actually liked it because the main character, can't remember her name, seemed to me like she didn't automatically have every answer from the beginning. Like there was some growth involved as the game went on (I could be misremembering). I've not yet played the first Alan Wake either so maybe that's why I didn't have any expectations headed into Control.

Horizon on the other hand, the main character was absolutely insufferable. You went around the map and lectured everyone, from peasants to kings, and they always yielded to whatever she had to say and marveled at her ability.

That's an interesting take on Control. I actually liked it because the main character, can't remember her name, seemed to me like she didn't automatically have every answer from the beginning. Like there was some growth involved as the game went on (I could be misremembering). I've not yet played the first Alan Wake either so maybe that's why I didn't have any expectations headed into Control.
I got bored with Control quite early on and moved on to something else. Alan Wake was brilliant and still very much worth playing.

According to the following review, Alan Wake 2 is slow with a very confusing and muddled story. There is not that much action, and it feels at times like walking simulator.

You cannot skip playing as Saga, and she is a Mary Sue character. You spend a lot of time in her 'mind place' sifting through dozens of clues, filing them and putting the story together.

Alan Wake himself has a completely different path to explore in the Dark Place, and is even more boring than what Saga has you doing.

I'm going to wait for a deep sale because it really doesn't look that great.

Warning: profanity.

Last edited:
Alan Woke II

Its a shame because the first game was a masterpiece. However as most video games and movies and media in general go..... its made for a "modern audience"

2accaf802984a4d203e686285c48972b7b7dd03d86a508cdbcb4e017a6c011bc_1.jpg

The communist president over at my country increased (((taxes))) on games a while ago to pay for his new watches and apartments. What is funny about it is that every expensive game on Steam now has negative reviews from Brazilians upset that the price was tripled, claiming it's the dev's fault. The comments are always debates on the president now.
The Turkey and Argentina currency method was also removed. Rest in peace Argie currency (in all ways).

I got bored with Control quite early on and moved on to something else. Alan Wake was brilliant and still very much worth playing.

According to the following review, Alan Wake 2 is slow with a very confusing and muddled story. There is not that much action, and it feels at times like walking simulator.

You cannot skip playing as Saga, and she is a Mary Sue character. You spend a lot of time in her 'mind place' sifting through dozens of clues, filing them and putting the story together.

Alan Wake himself has a completely different path to explore in the Dark Place, and is even more boring than what Saga has you doing.

I'm going to wait for a deep sale because it really doesn't look that great.

Warning: profanity.

Honestly two of my favorite horror-ish games of all time felt a lot like walking simulators - Until Dawn and Walking Dead. Less action can still be thrilling in the right hands.

The first Alan Wake is also among my favorites. While I definitely won't be a day one-r, I'd like to play it perhaps over the holidays. I do hope I'm not forced to play as a black woman for long, that would probably be a deal breaker.

I do hope I'm not forced to play as a black woman for long, that would probably be a deal breaker.
From the Gman review I posted above, it looks like more than half the game is played as her. It's about 18 hours long without collectibles and minigame distractions, that makes around 12 hours playing as Saga.

The review also says that they got the pacing and gameplay balance of AW2 all wrong. Less action simply does not work, and is replaced with tedious activities. He says that to get footage of AW1 he went back to play it, and in the hour or so had more excitement than the whole of AW2's 18 hours. He even dubbed it 'Alan Trying To Stay Awake 2'.

Last edited:
The communist president over at my country increased (((taxes))) on games a while ago to pay for his new watches and apartments. What is funny about it is that every expensive game on Steam now has negative reviews from Brazilians upset that the price was tripled, claiming it's the dev's fault. The comments are always debates on the president now.
The Turkey and Argentina currency method was also removed. Rest in peace Argie currency (in all ways).
Can you not just buy a cdkey from another site, then use it on Steam. Its what I do and I generally get good discounts.

Man the new Spiderman game is worse than I imagined. It being a exclusive really helps Sony live up to the Gaystation name. Starfemale opps I meant Starfield* from Xbox wasn't much better..... This is AAA gaming now. Time to embrace the indies, classics, and rare pieces of modern gaming that are not made for a "modern audience"

Have any of you played balders gate 3? It looks pretty good. I may grab it on Black Friday.

Last edited:
Back