The Milk Thread

I still think unsweetened coconut milk is a great option for those who drink a lot of milk each day, simply because it contains no sugar. I'll have a large chocolate protein shake in the afternoon and a berry smoothie at night. If that was regular milk, it would have around 35 grams of sugar in total. Heck, I might as well have a piece of chocolate cake instead.

I might not get the calcium I need from coconut milk, but at least I skip the harmful sugar.

For the meat raw means uncooked, for milk it has a different meaning, raw means it hasnt gone through pasturization or any other process, straight from the cow, to the normies they might not even know whay raw milk is, lots of people in our generation havent seen or tasted raw milk.
To the normies we believe in “conspiracies” which is code for losers. They don’t even think.

Is it bad for the raw milk's quality to boil it in a pot before consumption just in case there's bad bacteria in there? My grandparents used to do that back when raw milk from your local dairy farmer was still the norm in my country, so I always assumed that it's a good idea to do so.

Is it bad for the raw milk's quality to boil it in a pot before consumption just in case there's bad bacteria in there? My grandparents used to do that back when raw milk from your local dairy farmer was still the norm in my country, so I always assumed that it's a good idea to do so.
If you do that you kill the harmful bacteria but you also kill the good bacteria and the enzymes so its a double edged sword. Boiling the milk is essentially pasteurizing it.

Why would you boil it? If the raw milk smells good, drink it. With milk you know very fast when its bad. It looks, smells and tastes bad.

People who lives on dairy or other farms, or are just homesteading, have been drinking raw milk and eating unpasteurized eggs for thousands of years and have healthier lives than city-dwellers who need everything sterilized, pasteurized, and hermetically sealed. Yet suddenly in the last 50 years out of the 1000s of years of human existence all of these raw things are mysteriously "unhealthy". It a load of BS.

Yet suddenly in the last 50 years out of the 1000s of years of human existence all of these raw things are mysteriously "unhealthy". It a load of BS.
I have already explained this. Sure if you have access to a small traditional local farm (where you know the farmer) with well raised healthy animals raw eggs and raw milk makes sense. But have you seen how most industrial farms these days raise their animals? Have you seen how most chickens are kept, what they are fed, etc?

I have been drinking raw milk from various places for almost a decade, straight from the cow no boiling or anything and Iv never had any trouble, the milk can last 7-10 days in your fridge before going off and even if its just very slightly sour it wont make you sick, you can taste when its going, I actually find that pasturized milk spoils much faster.

I have been drinking raw milk from various places for almost a decade, straight from the cow no boiling or anything and Iv never had any trouble, the milk can last 7-10 days in your fridge before going off and even if its just very slightly sour it wont make you sick, you can taste when its going, I actually find that pasturized milk spoils much faster.
I have already explained this. Sure if you have access to a small traditional local farm (where you know the farmer) with well raised healthy animals raw eggs and raw milk makes sense. But have you seen how most industrial farms these days raise their animals? Have you seen how most chickens are kept, what they are fed, etc?
What is a pasturized egg? Never heard of that before, I have my own chickens and ducks and eat the eggs.

What is a pasturized egg? Never heard of that before, I have my own chickens and ducks and eat the eggs.
I mean that the egg is cooked rather than eaten raw that’s why I said raw egg and not un-pastuerized egg.

In America, eggs are sold in supermarkets pasteurized and refrigerated. In Europe they are sold unpasteurized and stacked in the open air.
American eggs are predominantly unpasteurized but they do have the protective outer bloom scrubbed off which is why they get refrigerated.

For those of you who don't have consistent access to raw milk, you can check if any of your stores carry low-temp pasteurized non-homogenized milk. You still lose out on the digestive enzymes and good bacteria but the reduction of nutrients and protein denaturing is less, and outside of the Kalona brand (sold nationwide in limited amounts due to sourcing from a network of farms in IA/MO/IL) the milk sources are usually local.

I just drink grass fed organic whole milk. I'd be curious about raw milk but I don't really know where to buy it.

Fyi if anyone likes Fairlife, stop drinking it. They were found to contain very high level of microplastics. I wouldn't be surprised if the paper carton ones have them too....so try to buy the ones in glass bottles from actual farmers if you can.

Here’s a question:

Why is raw milk not sold but raw meat is sold?

Meat and eggs can be cooked at home, but most of us can't pasteurize milk ourselves, so that one sort of makes sense to me.

What's puzzling, however, is that where I live, raw cheese is easily accessible, yet raw milk isn't.

Meat and eggs can be cooked at home, but most of us can't pasteurize milk ourselves, so that one sort of makes sense to me.

What's puzzling, however, is that where I live, raw cheese is easily accessible, yet raw milk isn't.
Anyone can pasteurize milk. You just boil it. As a matter of fact, where I live you CAN buy raw milk direct from the dairy farmers. However, for legal reasons they post signs at the milk dispensary machines to be sure to boil it first. Of course, no one does.

What you will find is there is actually regulation of raw cheeses. In countries like Australia or U.S.A. raw hard cheeses can be sold if they are aged for a long time. The fact that its a hard cheese coupled with the ageing process means a lot of the bad bacteria are killed off. They don't just allow the sale of any raw cheese.

And the Sardinians are like y'all are wimps.

Italian Art GIF by Kiszkiloszki

Back