The Milk Thread

The taste is incredible and nothing like the puss you get on the shelves today and one of many reasons to go back to basic and build communities.

Also; milk from the cow can contain colostrum if you're there early, which is a superfood:
The way cows are treated on industrial farms is horrific and supermarket milk is full of blood, puss, bad bacteria, etc. If it wasn't pasteurized it would be very dangerous.

But yes if you can find fresh raw milk from a small local farmer you should definitely buy it.

Pasteurisation allows milk to be made more carelessly by the sounds of it, more automatically at least.
Indeed. Because farmers know the pasteurization will render the milk safe to drink (from the perspective of bacteria at least) they just become completely careless about the whole process, how the cows are treated, hygiene, etc. And this supermarket milk is often full of blood, puss and were it not for the pasteurization would be full of a huge number of harmful pathogens that are not present in small scale raw milk.

But yeah basically you can't just take the existing industrial dairy farms and not pasteurize the milk, that would be disaster. If you want safe raw milk the whole dairy industry would need a complete overhaul.

So already with pasteurisation and homogenisation it is being distanced and transformed away from it's natural state, but there's more..

So I read this in one place, definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but - the different "fat" levels you can buy, skim milk, whole milk, semi-skim milk, cream, light cream etc - come about because at some stage of the process the milk is taken apart into its components in a centrifuge then put back together again.

What bothers me is - you'd think at least for the whole milk they would leave it alone! You'd think that that were closer to the way it came out of the cow and only the cream or skim-milk were altered products. But they're all altered products, constructs! Supermarket milk is sounding as much a processed product as say the cereal isle or area with potato crisps and weird flavours. Only the fruit and vegetable and the meat, fish (excluding sausages etc) is still mainly in its original form not having been through extensive factory processes.

So I read this in one place, definitely correct me if I'm wrong, but - the different "fat" levels you can buy, skim milk, whole milk, semi-skim milk, cream, light cream etc - come about because at some stage of the process the milk is taken apart into its components in a centrifuge then put back together again.
Exactly all fat is removed from the milk at then put back in at different exact percentages to produce different kinds of milk for example skim milk is 1% fat, light milk is 2% fat, full cream is 3.2% fat, etc. Even "full cream" milk is much lower fat than real natural unprocessed raw milk.

And yes homogenization does produce an arguably carcinogenic product aside from the fact that pasteurization destroys the good bacteria, enzymes and colostrum.

The odd thing is, where I live, livestock health is taken very very seriously.
So we could have fresh "real" milk in the stores or delivered to your door.
The only problem is that the supermarket chains probably wouldn't stock it.

There is maybe a difference in our milk to other places because our supermarket milk tastes more like real milk than other countries. Other countries milk tastes different (not as good) and seems watered down in comparison.

Anyway, the most important part of the milk (and all dairy) for adults is the calcium.

When you reach a certain age your bones start to loose their strength and you can't build them up anymore with calcium in your diet. You can however maintain the calcium levels and bone strength by consuming milk, even supermarket milk.

Israeli startup Remilk is developing milk without the need for cows :
Don't know what the raw materials are but fermentation is involved.
I find this an unappealing thought, not sure if anyone else is interested in trying milk engineered to be like cow milk but without the cows.
In order to produce cow-free milk, the company uses genetically-modified single-cell microbes in order to create milk proteins on a large scale. The resulting milk is identical, in terms of taste and texture, to the milk that is traditionally produced from cows but is devoid of lactose, cholesterol, growth hormones and anti-biotics. It is then dried up into powder form which can then be used in derivatives of milk-based products such as yogurt, cheese and ice-cream
Why would someone want to drink that or eat that kind of yogurt, it sounds crazy..

I just collected my order, one litre raw milk of Jersey cow. Shook the bottle and had a small glass of it, was surprised but it smells and tastes like a milkshake. A bit sweet, not as sweet as a milkshake and without the vanilla obviously.

Not what I was expecting, was expecting strange smells like raw milk cheeses or peculiar yogurts but it is truly like a milkshake. Note that the expiry date is only in 3 days, it is not as durable but I think this is how it is meant to be.

I just collected my order, one litre raw milk of Jersey cow. Shook the bottle and had a small glass of it, was surprised but it smells and tastes like a milkshake. A bit sweet, not as sweet as a milkshake and without the vanilla obviously.

Not what I was expecting, was expecting strange smells like raw milk cheeses or peculiar yogurts but it is truly like a milkshake. Note that the expiry date is only in 3 days, it is not as durable but I think this is how it is meant to be.
Which country are you in now?

Maybe add a drop or two of vanilla extract for the full vanilla milkshake experience.

I drank raw milk every day for about 2 years in Sai Gon. The lady had the cow standing right on the side of the road. I think I paid about $1 per 1.5 liter.

I never got sick once, was in the gym every day, and felt great. The milk was sweet and nutty, really the best milk that I've ever had.

I'm drinking Costco organic milk currently, but you guys have got me searching local to find that raw again here in the US.

I miss living without red tape.

Raw Milk Finder
Can help locate raw milker purveyors depending on local laws. May also be sold as "pet food" to circumvent draconian laws. If you can, source raw milk from animals that aren't treated with drugs or hormones. Many dairy animals are treated to help with mastitis issues. I do dairy goats and mastitis issues means poor forage, bad genetics, salt imbalances. If natural remedies don't clear it up they get turned into goat stew. Even if the animal is treated the raw milk will still be superior to grocery store products. Feedlot dairy is heavily dosed with all sorts of chemicals.

Raw Milk Finder
Can help locate raw milker purveyors depending on local laws. May also be sold as "pet food" to circumvent draconian laws. If you can, source raw milk from animals that aren't treated with drugs or hormones. Many dairy animals are treated to help with mastitis issues. I do dairy goats and mastitis issues means poor forage, bad genetics, salt imbalances. If natural remedies don't clear it up they get turned into goat stew. Even if the animal is treated the raw milk will still be superior to grocery store products. Feedlot dairy is heavily dosed with all sorts of chemicals.
I personally use Get Raw Milk for finding new locations just because I prefer their navigation and map interface more, but A Campaign for Real Milk is pretty good for news and resources. GRM can also help find other species milk if you're so inclined.

The jews hate milk, one of the cleanest sources of nutrition straight from God's creation:

View attachment 11713
View attachment 11714

Raw milk rebuilds your DNA, especially if you are White. Find a local seller and drink up, and be prepared for many more antisemïtisms to indulge your nightly dreams.
Iv been drinking raw milk for almost a decade and its the best milk you can get, people are only lactose intolerant if they drink pasturized homogenized milk, there worst milk is probably that long life milk that doesnt even need refrigeration!

There is a great book called "The RAW truth about milk" its a must read book on this topic.

So I also gave raw milk to my babies when they stopped breast feeding its the best, its sad that most babies in modern countries dont breast feed anymore its harming their health.

Pasteurized and homogenized are not the same thing.

I've bought unhomogenized before, it's cool how it has cream and butter almost separating in it.

There is an article about the differences here :

Would be interesting to try unpasteurised, but have never seen it for sale, maybe you can only get it at a dairy. There are raw milk cheeses but it seems that raw milk is banned in most places.
Yes you have to go directly to a dairy to get it, in many countries it cant be sold in stores.

200 years ago cows weren't being pumped with antibiotics and fed grains and expired candy, etc. And milk wasn't being sold through an industrial supply chain where its already a week old by the time you buy it. Sure if you know a local farmer with healthy grass fed cows who is willing to sell you fresh unpasteurized milk its probably fine, but in terms of mass produced milk being unpasteurized its a disaster waiting to happen.

Also its not true that Milk has only been pasteurized since 1862. I mean in a technical sense its true. But people have already been heating milk in pots over a fire for thousands of years which is effectively very similar to industrial pasteurization.

But ideally milk should be fermented for better digestion like how the mongols traditionally drank Ayrag, etc.

Also its silly to talk about lack of deaths from raw milk when so few people are drinking it. If everybody was drinking raw milk I can gaurantee you there would be a lot more deaths.

By the way raw milk is much healthier if done correctly but I am just saying realistically the whole dairy industry would have to make a lot of changes for raw milk to actually be both healthy and safe. Modern dairy farming doesn't operate in the same way as 200 years ago.

Below is an excerpt from this website: http://www.pinkfarm.com.au/real-traditions/rawcultured-dairy/

"What is Pasteurisation? Loui Pasteur discovered pasteurisation in the late 1800’s. Milk was originally coming straight from the family cow or in glass jars from the local dairy. As US cities grew, urban dairies developed, and were often placed next to Whisky distilleries so the cows could be fed a cheap diet of ‘mash’ called ‘distillery slop’. These cows were confined, living in unhygienic conditions and being fed an unhealthy diet that was completely unsuited to their ruminant bodies and milk production. Disease was common and the milk was inferior, often unable to be used to make cheese or butter. Outbreaks of tuberculosis, infant diarrhea, scarlet fever and typhoid were on the rise and infant death rates from contaminated milk accounted for half of the infant deaths in NY in 1839.

Calls for pasteurisation were made as this meant killing pathogens that were carried in the milk. Initially raw milk was not blamed for illness and disease and a push for greater inspection laws of dairies was seen as the answer to decrease spread of disease. However, in 1914 a law was passed and pasteurised milk was the only milk that could be legally sold. Nina Planks sums this up beautifully stating, “ The trouble starts when you take a cow away from her natural habitat and healthy diet and force her to become a mere milk machine.”

It’s such a shame that mandatory inspections were not enforced to improve cow health and dairy hygiene but rather a quick fix of using pasteurisation to clean up for some lazy and unscrupulous farmers. Still today, some dairies have low health and hygiene standards, with farmers knowing that pasteurisation will ‘kill off’ any pathogens. Pasteurisation of milk does not only kill pathogens but this heating process also kills enzymes and immune factors, beneficial bacteria, decreases vitamin content and destroys B vitamins and denatures milk proteins. Not only is pasteurised milk a dead and lifeless product, pasteurisation is a huge reason why many people do not tolerate milk. They are often unable to digest the denatured protein (casein) and because beneficial enzymes have been killed off from the heating process, lactose is harder to break down."
Sometimes when we run out of raw milk and buy pasturized milk believe it or not the pasturized milk goes off a lot faster, when we used to have a lot of power cuts the pasturized milk didnt last in the fridge but the raw milk did, because pasturized milk is dead milk theres no life in it, you cant just heat milk on a pot to pasturize it, the milk needs to reach about 87 degrees celcius and held there for a bit, when raw milk was used in prisons in the past nobody got sick from it and the buckets were dirty and flys everywhere it wasnt a problem.

Back