• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The Israel-Hamas War Lounge

The ship that caught fire was identified as "Yaf Horizon" a Turkish general cargo ship. The port authorities deny the attack ever happened, but the footage is consistent with what we've seen in the Red Sea.
This attack will have serious ramifications: we should expect a spike in insurance prices for ships sailing in the eastern Mediterranean, and if the attacks continue we may even see shipping companies refusing to make port calls in Haifa, just like they stopped sailing to Eilat after Houthi attacks.

This could go under so many threads. The Russia v. Ukraine sub-forum, different threads on this sub-form, the collapse of the US economy/way of living discussions. This is huge.

File this under "Oh...$41t"....
The US is in big trouble. I hope the EU gets its head out of its @$$ and wakes up and stops marching to the US drum. Rebuild alliances with Russia, make peace, and save itself.

The ship that caught fire was identified as "Yaf Horizon" a Turkish general cargo ship. The port authorities deny the attack ever happened, but the footage is consistent with what we've seen in the Red Sea.
This attack will have serious ramifications: we should expect a spike in insurance prices for ships sailing in the eastern Mediterranean, and if the attacks continue we may even see shipping companies refusing to make port calls in Haifa, just like they stopped sailing to Eilat after Houthi attacks.
Insurance doesn't cover acts of war. It's too unpredictable and could easily cause insurance carriers to become insolvent.

This could go under so many threads. The Russia v. Ukraine sub-forum, different threads on this sub-form, the collapse of the US economy/way of living discussions. This is huge.

I know people have been talking about this for decades, but I think ultimately it's a big nothing burger.

Far bigger are the PEGS to USD, which the Saudi Riyal has had for decades:

1 USD = 3.75 SAR no matter what. We print 10 trillion, they suddenly have 37.5 trillion printed for them.

Same goes for China and half of the other world's currencies. As long as they are pegged to the USD, then the USD will be King because we can export our inflation indefinitely.

I know people have been talking about this for decades, but I think ultimately it's a big nothing burger.

1 USD = 3.75 SAR no matter what. We print 10 trillion, they suddenly have 37.5 trillion printed for them.

Same goes for China and half of the other world's currencies. As long as they are pegged to the USD, then the USD will be King because we can export our inflation indefinitely.
What would it take for SAR and other BRICS currencies to depeg themselves from the USD and would it even be feasible for them to do so?

Last edited:
Insurance doesn't cover acts of war. It's too unpredictable and could easily cause insurance carriers to become insolvent.
Yes it does, it's called "war risk insurance".
Your standard home/car/business insurance policy will have an exlucion clause, but in the shipping industry things look different. In simple terms, all shipping companies are required to insure both their vessels and their cargo otherwise they won't be allowed to enter a port, war risk insurance is part of that insurance policy and has a flat (0,05-0,1% of hull value) rate worldwide, except for high risk areas designated by the Joint War Committee - when sailing through these waters, an additional premium is added (0,75-1% of hull value in the Red Sea). Cargo insurance is calculated separately and varies greatly, depending on its category.

Last edited:

I don't know economically if that is true or false but does not look like it includes China :
It's about 24 countries currencies pegged to the USD, around 15% of the total number of countries. Probably the Saudi one, UAE one and Qatari one are the most significant.

There's other examples there, eg Danish Krone is pegged the Euro as is the Bulgarian Lev, the Bhutanese ngultrum (!) is pegged to the Indian Rupee.

What I didn't get was that on xe charts, some of the pairs show flat lines, others show some kind of pulse like thing that returns to a value.

Turns out they have "soft pegs" and "hard pegs"

If this happens, we may end up with a new Israel - Hezbollah thread.

So sick and tired of jews running the US govt and all other high positions of power. They also control the propaganda arm of the US govt: Hellyweird studios. They want the world to think that their attitudes, beliefs, and physiognomy respresents "the typical American", when in reality they are not us. They are not like us, they don't represent us, our values, our beliefs, our hopes, or our dreams. I've had enough of them smearing the US's name into the mud and turning the world against us. /rant off

I don't know economically if that is true or false but does not look like it includes China :
It's about 24 countries currencies pegged to the USD, around 15% of the total number of countries. Probably the Saudi one, UAE one and Qatari one are the most significant.

There's other examples there, eg Danish Krone is pegged the Euro as is the Bulgarian Lev, the Bhutanese ngultrum (!) is pegged to the Indian Rupee.

What I didn't get was that on xe charts, some of the pairs show flat lines, others show some kind of pulse like thing that returns to a value.

Turns out they have "soft pegs" and "hard pegs"
I have close friends in Agriculture and Ag is getting absolutely crushed right now. High prices for inputs (seed, fertilizer, spray/pesticide, etc.) and very low grain prices.

There has to be something bigger at play. I know Trump forced China to buy grain from us in exchange for the computer chips, but thanks to Diversity, China no longer has to buy our chips, and that ship has long sailed. I don't know if China is paying a premium for grain from South America. If the USD is just so weak the grain we sell is selling weaker on the global market, if Russia is selling grain at an almost loss to hurt our ag business, if the Houthi's situation is causing that much global trade issues, or all the above in some form of combination.

But right now, the economy in the USA is the worst I have seen, and I don't see any fix for it, other than completely destroying DEI + a wealth transfer away from Wall Street back to the middle class + kicking out the illegals. And no one will be able to do this. If this keeps up and farmers go out, and corporations take over farming, we will see our valuable soil eroded into nothing and a drop in crop production due to the fact that farming is more advanced than many realize.

All in all, China-Russia-Iran, with their proxy wars and trade decisions, are crushing the USA. And the biggest thorn in the side of the USA/West is Israel and their disgusting treatment of their fellow humans in the area. This war with Hamas will go down as the straw that broke the camel's back in the west.

Back