Scott Adams Thread

Thomas More

Protestant
Heirloom
Scott Adams has a lot of interesting things to say. I figure he's worthy of a thread.

He started out as the creator of the Dilbert cartoons, and wrote some books along the way. He presented himself as an expert on persuasion around the time of the first Trump campaign, and came out early saying Trump was a master of the art of persuasion, and would win the election. Then, he ended up being a Covid believer, which put him on the wrong side of things. However, recently he has come to accept that Covid really was a scam, and in fact much of what we see nowadays is a scam.

I came here to post this tweet he made today. I have to agree with his point. Once you reach a certain way of seeing things as they really are, it becomes difficult to even talk to normies, unless you just censor yourself to avoid triggering controversy.

Full text of tweet:
Have you noticed the "system" protects itself by being so outrageously bad that by the time you understand what is happening it makes you look insane to people who haven't begun the journey to awareness? I recently evolved into the "crazy zone," in which I understand too much about how the world works to have a fruitful conversation with someone who thinks we live in a Republic, elections are designed to be fair, the news is real, and free speech still exists in the United States. Imagine a normie seeing what I just wrote.

Scott Adams was on the wrong side with Covid, and he also supports the Israelis. Those are two massive things to get wrong.

He is interesting all right. But his judgement and intellectual capacity is way overrated, especially by himself.
He was on the wrong side of Covid, but he has come around to the anti-Covid side 100%. I'm not surprised if he supports the Israelis, but if he's had his eyes opened on a number of issues, he might start coming around on the JQ as well. There are multiple posts mentioning the JQ in the comments below the post I linked. It's getting hard to avoid it now. It's also in the comments after nearly every Elon Musk post as well. There are lots of opportunities to see it now.

He mentions how his current thinking is so different than what it was not so long ago. A number of other people in the comments say the same thing. They see it all now, and it makes them a bit of an alien compared to the normies around them. Just a few years ago, they were normies too, and they would have never imagined they would see things as they do now.

There are still a lot of normies, but more and more people are waking up, and seeing what's really going on. I hope it starts to spread like a wildfire.

He's always been semi fun to listen to in short doses. I liked his older book where he mentions how he messed with corporate AT&T and won.

But the best thing he ever did was sacrifice himself to say "if black people aren't sure it's ok to even be white (based on a major survey), I think it's best to simply stay the hell away from them." He instantly got the remainder of his contracts canceled, whatever was left after supporting Trump.

A few weeks later after getting canceled, a Home Depot employee in Scotts home town was killed trying to stop a thief. Of course, black woman killer shoots white store employee. In Pleasanton, CA, one of the truly "nice" middle class towns turned upper middle class recently, in the Bay area.

He started me down the rabbit hole of noticing the savage Twitter videos of black on black, and black on white crime. Truly ruthless violent murderous behavior often, where people often survive simply because of a lucky bounce on the concrete instead of a fatal one.

Im from the SF Bay area. I now absolutely avoid black people unless they look like a lawyer or doctor. And even then, I notice. But if it's any other kind of person that isn't an actual business professional, I am actively making distance. I will not go into a bar where black people are hanging out. If some come in, I'm leaving. It's sad that it's come to that, even for me. 10 years ago I paid a black life coach monthly for services because I trusted and believed in him so much. Now I wouldn't give him a chance after what I saw in BLM and Twitter violence videos.

Scott Adams is probably saving a few lives. If only his local Home Depot employee had listened to Scott they'd still be alive.

Edit: I saw a recent meme that rings surprisingly true:

The new American dream is to make enough money to never have to see black people again.

My dream is a lot different. I dream of a country that is Christian, and teaches Blacks how to behave like good humans again.
Those are great personal dreams for humanity. But the American dream used to be to come and prosper in a safe fair country where hard work was rewarded. Now if you work hard in a leftist city you might be thrown in front of a train while going to work.

There is a difference between an encapsulation of what a country offers you ("the American dream") and what you wish for your fellow humans.

If Adams had an ounce of humility it would be less egregious that he got fraudvirus so spectacularly wrong (he's definitely gotten the death jab, I think the boosters too but not 100% sure). It is his arrogance combined with the completely wrong call that makes him into a ridiculous figure to me, one not worth listening to, as one's true character comes in during times of stress; this is also why Jordan Peterson is a weak, sniveling failure...

My favorite Scott Adams story is when his (now ex) wife told him he had cancer and he responded with a sneer: "Oh great, another reason why you won't have sex with me." LOL, the video is here: https://gab.com/BeachMilk/posts/108091133424957566

Those are great personal dreams for humanity. But the American dream used to be to come and prosper in a safe fair country where hard work was rewarded. Now if you work hard in a leftist city you might be thrown in front of a train while going to work.

There is a difference between an encapsulation of what a country offers you ("the American dream") and what you wish for your fellow humans.

America is a gay country built on false premises, that religions and people are equal. To hell with the American Dream.

I have the Christian Dream.

If Adams had an ounce of humility it would be less egregious that he got fraudvirus so spectacularly wrong (he's definitely gotten the death jab, I think the boosters too but not 100% sure). It is his arrogance combined with the completely wrong call that makes him into a ridiculous figure to me,

Doesn't coming out and saying he was 100% wrong about covid count as humility? What would it take to show humility for being wrong on covid?

Last edited:
Didn't he do it in a weird way? I seem to remember him coming up with ideas how people who didn't get jabbed were correct but correct for wrong reasons.

Making excuses while saying we are sorry messes up the humility part.
I remember him doing that at one point, but he eventually dropped that too. In the video I posted, he simply says people who didn't get the vax were right, and are better off.

He doesn't understand why his judgment at the time led him to the wrong conclusion. I don't care about that. He considers his previous views to be the wrong conclusion. He seems to me to have come around 100% on covid, and it has redpilled him in general, to realize the government and media are lying, about covid, and everything else.

Isn't that what we want people to do?

If Adams had an ounce of humility it would be less egregious that he got fraudvirus so spectacularly wrong (he's definitely gotten the death jab, I think the boosters too but not 100% sure). It is his arrogance combined with the completely wrong call that makes him into a ridiculous figure to me, one not worth listening to, as one's true character comes in during times of stress; this is also why Jordan Peterson is a weak, sniveling failure...

My favorite Scott Adams story is when his (now ex) wife told him he had cancer and he responded with a sneer: "Oh great, another reason why you won't have sex with me." LOL, the video is here: https://gab.com/BeachMilk/posts/108091133424957566
I hadn't heard that one. I've always kind of liked Scott Adams but that's mainly because I enjoy Dilbert. I don't know much else about him, except that whole kerfuffle with what he said about black people a few years ago. While I thought was a bit much (I know black people who I like and wouldn't want to avoid those ones) I respected him for erring on the side of at least addressing the problem.

Regardless, any time I hear a husband complain about his wife not wanting to have sex with him I feel a mix of pity and disgust. Such husbands should above all suffer in silence and NEVER put that out there in public. Then they should figure out how to fix the problem. Although in Adams's case it might not have been fixable because it's my understanding that his wife was a fairly hot much younger woman who married him for his money.

He doesn't understand why his judgment at the time led him to the wrong conclusion. I don't care about that. He considers his previous views to be the wrong conclusion. He seems to me to have come around 100% on covid, and it has redpilled him in general, to realize the government and media are lying, about covid, and everything else.

Isn't that what we want people to do?

Absolutely. But I don't see any humility and/or introspection about it.

"How could I fall hook, line and sinker for such a blatantly obvious psyop, while so many tried to warn me about it?" - now THAT would be something I would be interested in hearing him talk about.

Instead he keeps on talking about things like he is some supreme all-knowing genius. And he keeps getting things wrong again.

His whole claim to fame is that he "predicted" that Trump would win the presidency. Just like millions and millions of other people did.

Absolutely. But I don't see any humility and/or introspection about it.

"How could I fall hook, line and sinker for such a blatantly obvious psyop, while so many tried to warn me about it?" - now THAT would be something I would be interested in hearing him talk about.

Instead he keeps on talking about things like he is some supreme all-knowing genius. And he keeps getting things wrong again.

His whole claim to fame is that he "predicted" that Trump would win the presidency. Just like millions and millions of other people did.
I think publicly changing sides and saying you were wrong and the other side is right is a humble thing to do, but I guess not everybody thinks so.

It's no big deal. It's just that when I saw claims that he lacked humility, I thought people must not have realized he publicly said he was wrong. Now I realize some don't consider that humble enough, which is fine.

Edit: Vox Day, who has been hard on Adams, quotes from his video transcript here:

This seems reasonably humble to me. I'm sure I've been in the wrong and didn't do as well as this a few times.

You won, you won completely – I did not end up in the right place. Agreed? You would all agree with that, right? I did not end up in the right place. The right place would be natural immunity, no vaccination. You should take that as a victory, and I should take defeat. We could agree on that, right? That my position is now the weakest, and your position has gone from the weakest to the strongest, and we can just say that’s true. The people who didn’t get vaxxed are absolutely in the winning position.

“You win. You win! You are the winners. You are the winners. Let me say that part with no ambiguity. You won. You won. All of my fancy analytics got me to a bad place.

Last edited:
He was on the wrong side of Covid, but he has come around to the anti-Covid side 100%. I'm not surprised if he supports the Israelis, but if he's had his eyes opened on a number of issues, he might start coming around on the JQ as well. There are multiple posts mentioning the JQ in the comments below the post I linked. It's getting hard to avoid it now. It's also in the comments after nearly every Elon Musk post as well. There are lots of opportunities to see it now.
Well, that didn't take long.

Last edited:
America is a gay country built on false premises, that religions and people are equal. To hell with the American Dream.

I have the Christian Dream.
I understand what you're saying about the state of the current American affairs, but I think this assertion is misguided.

Adams has clearly become radicalized. Now he just needs to find God.

Key part:
The gears of the machine have become visible. We can all see the FBI is rotten and the DOJ is weaponized. We know the border is open intentionally. We know the cartels are working with our government. We know our elections are DESIGNED to not be auditable and there's only one reason for it. We can see Biden is not in charge. We know the Ukraine war was always about its energy resources and who gets to own them. We know our rising debt is ruinous. We know our experts are liars. We know our pharma and food industries are poisoning us. We know our government is racist. We know the corporate media is essentially owned by Democrats who are controlled by intelligence entities and they are actively brainwashing the population. We know the 1st and 2nd amendments, and X, are under sustained government attack because they are the public's last defense against the government. But we are not quitters.

I was a fan of the Dilbert comics as a kid. I found them funny even though I was still a minor and had no idea what working in a corporate office was actually like. Fast forward many years and when Trump was bursting onto the political scene he was the one guy I was following the most to see what was going on with Trump world. I remember he wrote a lot on his blog on Trump's persuasion skills which was the most interesting series of Trump related writings I read from him and which I studied so I can see if other people were using similar tactics. I believe he was the guy who popularized the term "4D chess" - at least he's the guy I associate with the phrase via the analysis he would do on a lot of Trump's moves had some sort of non-obvious purpose to them. I even ended up buying the Win Bigly book he wrote about Trump and the tactics he uses and also a few of the other self-help books he wrote. I checked out of following him regularly somewhere in the middle of the Trump administration since I just didn't find him that compelling anymore. I think the term 4D chess getting overused and applied to moves that were just plain mistakes rather than some brilliant maneuvers that dim people just couldn't see through was a big reason why I tuned out.

I was a fan of the Dilbert comics as a kid. I found them funny even though I was still a minor and had no idea what working in a corporate office was actually like. Fast forward many years and when Trump was bursting onto the political scene he was the one guy I was following the most to see what was going on with Trump world. I remember he wrote a lot on his blog on Trump's persuasion skills which was the most interesting series of Trump related writings I read from him and which I studied so I can see if other people were using similar tactics. I believe he was the guy who popularized the term "4D chess" - at least he's the guy I associate with the phrase via the analysis he would do on a lot of Trump's moves had some sort of non-obvious purpose to them. I even ended up buying the Win Bigly book he wrote about Trump and the tactics he uses and also a few of the other self-help books he wrote. I checked out of following him regularly somewhere in the middle of the Trump administration since I just didn't find him that compelling anymore. I think the term 4D chess getting overused and applied to moves that were just plain mistakes rather than some brilliant maneuvers that dim people just couldn't see through was a big reason why I tuned out.
He also made some really poor decisions in marrying a woman and that marriage fell apart and he got used pretty hard. He had to learn that one the hard way I suppose.

I think its worth noting that just because someone is gifted or intelligent or good at pattern recognition, doesn't mean they are models for great personal lives.

My Dad gave me his book :

How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life​

Back