Precious Metals

The real value of gold DOES NOT CHANGE over time.
Of course it does. It may be small or incremental, but it's has the stock to flow of a historical commodity. In other words, over time, since its supply increases, it is worth less compared to a given standard that doesn't change (much).

Of course it does. It may be small or incremental, but it's has the stock to flow of a historical commodity. In other words, over time, since its supply increases, it is worth less compared to a given standard that doesn't change (much).
Yes gold supply rises on average by about 1 - 2% per annum but the worlds population so far at least continues to grow as does total production/gdp over time therefore 2% increase in supply doesn’t correlate to 2% loss in purchasing power. I think you are oversimplifying the situation

Yes gold supply rises on average by about 1 - 2% per annum but the worlds population so far at least continues to grow as does total production/gdp over time therefore 2% increase in supply doesn’t correlate to 2% loss in purchasing power. I think you are oversimplifying the situation
That's why I compared it to a given standard. What's more, now that BTC is on the scene, of course it is worth much less. While it may go up in this instability period, it is going up less than it would have, and that will only also increase with time. Diminishing returns kind of thing

Back