• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Moving Abroad Before the Collapse

Valentine

Administrator
Orthodox Inquirer
Heirloom
With the second front of WW3 looking like it'll open soon in the Middle East thanks to Israel things aren't looking great for prospects in the West. Add in the existing inflation, LGBT-ism, general clown world and banana republic nature and it becomes a question of whether surviving (and thriving) is in even still possible here for the medium to long-term.

Are you considering whether to move abroad (or are you already there?), and if so where?

I am currently in Russia, in order to strengthen my abilities in the language because I really enjoy it, and also consider it to be a useful string to my bow considering how things are going. I want to be able to read and translate Orthodox writings, and I think speaking Russian and English could provide opportunities to stay a couple of steps ahead of clown world.

But it is easy to say, harder to do. Leaving behind loved ones would be very difficult, and perhaps it is better to stand firm and confess Christ amid the impending darkness. I am here temporarily to get a taste and progress enough that future visits will be easier.

I think the goal should be to ultimately form Christian communities. In Europe the best option seems to be Bulgaria:

1) cheap land, property
2) citizens of EU countries can easily move there, not difficult for non-EU people
3) lax planning regulation and likely ease of cutting corners

Whatever is happening in clown world has little effect on the lives of Amish.

I favour a slightly different approach that would be to walk the tightrope of technology to try and accrue large amounts of money to use for growth and development; seeking a backbone largely made of online tech workers.

There would have to be one denomination and one leader who sets the rules and structure. A few things I see:

1) one internet connection that has lots of sites blocked
2) most meals to be eaten in (a) community kitchen(s) to be run by women
3) schools to be run by women
4) no alcohol

I have a five-year plan to retire in Thailand. The upsides include:
  1. Low cost of living
  2. Good weather
  3. No income tax on foreign income
  4. No capital gains tax on foreign investments
  5. Feminine women
  6. Excellent and affordable health care
  7. low crime rates
  8. Friendly people
  9. No cultural enrichment
  10. Big fitness culture
  11. Prescription medications available OTC for low cost
  12. Delicious food

I have a five-year plan to retire in Thailand. The upsides include:
  1. Low cost of living
  2. Good weather
  3. No income tax on foreign income
  4. No capital gains tax on foreign investments
  5. Feminine women
  6. Excellent and affordable health care
  7. low crime rates
  8. Friendly people
  9. No cultural enrichment
  10. Big fitness culture
  11. Prescription medications available OTC for low cost
  12. Delicious food

What is the most time you have actually spent in Thailand ?

How long do you guys think we have before the collapse? I myself am hoping that it will at least begin (as in a heavy decline) at the end of the decade (giving many of us time in advance), but it's ultimately in God's hands

I think a big problem in the dissident sphere is assuming that a collapse is a singular event, on a specific day, with an obvious before and after. It seems to me that collapse is a very gradual process, occurring slowly over the course of years or decades.

Contrast the general atmosphere of 2013 to today, ten years later. I can't speak for any of you, but general trust in institutions has definitely declined, and the overall atmosphere is more negative. The height of Covid panic was over three years ago now - where will we be in three more years?
1689465911362370.png

Not going anywhere. Already in the middle of nowhere it gets negative 40 in winter, no one's going to nuke me and it keeps away hordes of people.

I think there's a very strong case for staying put, especially if you live in the continental United States.

If you've lived in a given place for years, you know the terrain, know the roads, know the locals. You can fluently speak the native language (including spanish - Mexican spanish is quite easy to understand imo). The U.S. has an abundance of natural resources, including vast tracts of wilderness that a skilled individual could melt into, living off the land (admittedly not an easy task).

Plus, even the strictest states in the Union have weapons that can be legally acquired far easily than any other country in the developed world.

Thomas Chittum, author of CW2, said good places to relocate in America during collapse are:
White state with a White governor (if you're White).
Cold enough in the winter that poor people will die.

A separate "USA relocation" thread should be started.

Zero. I plan on taking a recon trip soon for a month or two. If I hate it, I will come up with an alternative destination.

I've found that people either like or hate it....there is no middle ground with Thailand.
Also, you need be prepared for the fact that Thailand is where many thousands of the worst baby boomers have decided to retire in the last 30 years.

Dealing with those awful people (even in a very limited and casual way) was one of the main factors that put me off Thailand.

I've found that people either like or hate it....there is no middle ground with Thailand.
Also, you need be prepared for the fact that Thailand is where many thousands of the worst baby boomers have decided to retire in the last 30 years.

Dealing with those awful people (even in a very limited and casual way) was one of the main factors that put me off Thailand.
Yeah, most of those boomers are in Pattaya. The good news is they won't be around much longer. :LOL:

Thomas Chittum, author of CW2, said good places to relocate in America during collapse are:
White state with a White governor (if you're White).
Cold enough in the winter that poor people will die.

A separate "USA relocation" thread should be started.
If I were to live in the US over the coming decades, I would become a part of the Redoubt movement.

If I were to live in the US over the coming decades, I would become a part of the Redoubt movement.

Seeing that video, it does make you wonder why there aren't more people living in places like that which have little to no state taxes, cheaper housing, nice scenery, and a better element of people as your neighbors.

Especially in this day and age where a lot of folks make their living online. It shouldn't matter that there's no business there since remote workers can live anywhere.

If I had to stay here in the US, I would definitely consider moving to one of those states. My only concern is as a single guy, I'd be worried that my options for finding a wife would be even more limited than they are now.

Back