• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Monarchy vs. Democracy: Are Both Obsolete?

Land owner and military service would work. Having paid taxes all 4 years prior would be an acceptable compromise. Exclude anyone receiving government assistance.
Net tax payer and military service yes. But land ownership should not be a criterium: in the current market, this would exlude men who are just entering the labour market (as well as sailors and other traveling tradesmen) and would lead to "gerontocracy" - boomers who bought land decades ago, when the market was sane, would have disproportionately high power.

Last edited:
It is only natural that government should be directed by the opinions of prudent, responsible people. Those who have screwed up their own lives should certainly not have a voice in the governance of others.

Rules limiting the vote to tax payers, land owners, or people who have served the public are really just filters to exclude people with poor judgment. It was an obvious mistake to expand the franchise to all adults.
Democracy was never meant to be universal. Even the ancient Athenians, who invented it, allowed only free male citizens to vote. Women, slaves, residents and even some of the citizens (like criminals and those unable to pay their debts) were excluded. And the Athenian citizenship was available only to those born to Athenian parents and came with many responsibilities - such as mandatory military service.

Last edited:
" I pay my taxes" is slightly more of a qualification than "I killed people in a foreign war" but neither is a very good metric by which one demonstrates wisdom and leadership. There are a number of problems with restricting decisions to paid killers and taxpayers, but just consider one that was mentioned above: restricting decisionmaking to "net taxpayers" ie those who are paying more into the system than they are getting out. Those often include the "lucky" class-ie those who didn't contract the disease that made it difficult for them to support their family, those that picked the right job that paid well, those who lived in the right areas that flourished, etc. and those types may see no need for things like job training programs, assistance to single mothers, temporary food and shelter benefits for the unemployed, etc. In other words, you are getting a skewed perspective, and it is skewed based upon the arbitrary metrics of money and killing people, which are obviously not universal goods.
So You belive that a welfare recipient should have a right to levy taxes on You ? Or that a childless cat lady should have the right to send You to die in a war ?
I think that only those who contribute to the budget should have a say on how it is spent. And only those who are willing to go the front themselves should have a say in the matters of war. No skin in the game, no right to say.

Net tax payer and military service yes. But land ownership should not be a criterium: in the current market, this would exlude men who are just entering the labour market (as well as sailors and other traveling tradesmen) and would lead to "gerontocracy" - boomers who bought land decades ago, when the market was sane, would have disproportionately high power.

That's true but at the same time you could definitely argue that if you don't own any piece of the country should you really have a vote in what happens to it?

But again I understand your point and as I said tax payer would be a good compromise with the addition of military service.

That's true but at the same time you could definitely argue that if you don't own any piece of the country should you really have a vote in what happens to it?

But again I understand your point and as I said tax payer would be a good compromise with the addition of military service.
If I were king:

Must be NET*** positive Tax payer
Military service of minimum 4 years active duty or Military service 4 years reserves minimum 1 deployment

So You belive that a welfare recipient should have a right to levy taxes on You ? Or that a childless cat lady should have the right to send You to die in a war ?
They cannot. Further, women cannot be allowed in leadership roles at all. Even the based Joan of Arc tier ones (those rare gems can use their skills in other ways). This is both a biblical and a practical imperative.

As the Weimer Republic was overthrown, there was much discussion on what would replace it. A question that was publicly posed and answered by those who later became part of the Reich was "Should we have a Republic or a Monarchy?"

The answer was that what matters was the volk, or the spirit of the people, and how we go about that is less important. A good republic is better than a bad monarchy.

John Adams touches on this when he said that our (American) system was intended for a moral and Christian people, and is totally unsuited for any other (he is admitting there that our Constitution will not work and should not be used for a society which is not Christian).

Democracy was never meant to be universal. Even the ancient Athenians, who invented it, allowed only free male citizens to vote. Women, slaves, residents and even some of the citizens (like criminals and those unable to pay their debts) were excluded.
The Greek system of democracy was totally different than what we call democracy today. I've been re-reading some classics material from college and Dr. Jeremy McInerney has some lecture series on ancient Greece that one can find online. The Greeks could be called both more "democratic" or universal, and less, than we are today. Mostly, this is because the word democracy has been so perverted that we interpret it differently than the Greeks would have.

Basically, what we have today is not a democracy (Power of the People--the people have no power in our democracy, and instead are utterly controlled even more than in so-called "repressive dictatorships" which are subject to the consent of the governed (Anglin talks a lot about how democracy is the ultimate form of control, with no room for redress of greivances)).

The system we have today is "DEMOcratic" ONLY in the sense that it is a collective group of people making decisions versus a single leader. But this group is not the DEMOS, or the people, it is politicians. The Greeks would not have understood the concept of representative democracy, or the idea of having an elected politician make decisions for people in a geographic area. And that is really one of the most awful things about democracy.

If you allowed the people to vote, would we be sending weaponry to genocidal Israel?
Or embargoing any Latin American leader who attempts to pull his people out of poverty?
Or forcing African nationstates to do anal?
Or forking over billions to the Ukraine?

No, and under the Greek system, the people would decide whether they wanted to do those things, whereas in the modern American system, we are absolutely unable to change 80 or 90% of society (the important stuff) and just have to accept whatever the Uniparty position is on those issues, while we get to "vote" for a person who will do things like change the marginal tax rate or reform a college loan program or something.

Another thing Greeks would not understand at all is political parties. Their were sometimes groups who congealed around debating a certain issue, but they did not meet again and force their views on OTHER issues. In other words the group of people who supported laws protecting clean water did not also meet and tell you "this is the acceptable viewpoint our group has on relations with Persia." That would be laughable to the Greeks. The idea that because you like one thing you must also accept a laundry list of positions that one of two groups has is utterly repressive and anti-democratic, yet that is the system we have in America.

Dr. McInerney:
Unlike modern representative democracy, ancient Athenian democracy involved the direct participation of every adult male citizen.

Essentially, what Athens created was an entire nation of Philosopher Kings. And if that could be replicated, then I would be in favor of group rule where you could qualify for voting the way we debating in this thread. But that exists nowhere on earth today, and until that can be created, an autocracy, or monarchy, or Third Position type system which included leaders of industry, culture, and scholars, each making decisions over their realm of expertise, is far preferable than giving the will of the nation over to popularity. But I'm still not sure that is compatible with the Christian historical edict of monarchy, with the sovereign serving as God's representative to his people on earth.

Athenian democracy is different in so many ways from ours today, that it is hard to distill comparisons between the two. To name a few, the Assembly met four times a month, had annual elections, rotating power, fully accepted the institution of slavery, excluded women from participation, political leaders were personally responsible for the well being of orphans and homeless, religious leaders held an important role in government, citizens were chosen by lot and served public / community service positions, and the vast majority of Athenian men served on their local council at least once in their lives. Comparing that system to what we have today and pretending they are both "democracy" is laughable.

But the bottom line, circling back to Adams and Weimar, and indeed the debates the Athenians themselves had before becoming a democracy, is that the people are most important, not how they organize and lead themselves.

Last edited:
Here is a good recent Anglin piece on Democracy.

Because people cannot determine the difference between truth and falsehood, apparently and/or allegedly, and this means they don’t know who they’re supposed to vote for.

The way this is being analyzed is fascinating. What they are clearly trying to lead people to is that the only way “democracy” can work is if free speech is banned and only a centralized, government-run body is allowed to decide what the people are or are not allowed to hear.

they are admitting that the outcome of democracy was always based on the control of information by the elite class, meaning that “democracy” never represented “the will of the people” but rather the will of those who controlled the information.

They will simply ignore the facts I’ve mentioned here – the fact that if “fake news” can change an election, then people are not the universally discerning individuals that it is assumed they are, and all elections are changed by mainstream news, and that it is absurd to simply assume that mainstream news is always accurate.

It is a very bizarre thing to witness, this claim that free access to information limits the freedom of democracy, as if their primary assumption is true, it should do the opposite.
So what is more valuable? Having input or "voting"? Or having freedom of expression.

Give me the latter all day long..

The Tytler Cycle Suggests A Democracy Only Lasts 200 Years

Alexander Fraser Tytler, Lord Woodhouselee was born in October, 1747. He was a Scottish historian who served as Professor of Universal History at the University of Edinburgh. Tytler is often credited as predicting the fall of America, suggesting that America will only last 200 years according to the model. We are talking about the Tytler Cycle.

It’s not actually known if Alexander Tytler penned these words, but he is often credited with them. However, the characterization of the man is apt. Tytler had a negative view of Democracy and government in general. One verified quote by Tytler reads, “All government is essentially of the nature of a monarchy”.

If he did say or write these words, we could summarize Tytler’s beliefs in the natural progress of democracy, “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury.

Tytler goes on, “The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

The Tytler Cycle​

One of the first mentions of the Tytler Cycle is from a 1951 edition of the Daily Oklahoman.

Two centuries ago, a somewhat obscure Scotsman named Tytler made this profound observation: “A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy”.

Read this block commonly attributed to Tytler:

A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.

Tytler is famous for The Tytler Cycle which shows the pattern that democracies tend to follow from start to demise to rebirth and repeat.

Tytler_cycle.png

The Tytler cycle a democracy only lasts about 200 years.

^^ Sinilar to "The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival" by John Glubb. Good read you can find a pdf through a quick Google search. It's the same basic idea, with the timeline being roughly 250 years instead of 200.

If you consider July 4, 1776 America's birthday, then that places us Americans at just about there.

Democracy is a paint job for mob rule. It does nothing to protect the rights of the minority yet some how so called minorities find democracy a virtue. A monarchy however is only as good as its monarch and people have to die to get rid of a bad one. The only way to remove a monarch is to kill him. This leaves us Republics. Rule by law so no one has to die is the best form of government. The question boils down to will the Republic be limited or will it have universal suffrage? Autocracy has the same problem as monarchy. Oligarchy has the same problem as democracy but it’s inverted.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Founding Fathers could envision how elected officials and government leadership in a democratic republic could become corrupted and controlled? There in lies our problem in the US today. All forms of government could work in theory if corruption and the human addiction to power and controlling others were eliminated from government.

Land ownership just doesn’t translate well outside a homesteader agricultural state where land ownership is a given for every successful man who has a family farm. Doesn’t work in pastoral, industrial, or cash crop agricultural states. Let alone an Information Age state where production is divorced from land.

I wonder if the Founding Fathers could envision how elected officials and government leadership in a democratic republic could become corrupted and controlled? There in lies our problem in the US today. All forms of government could work in theory if corruption and the human addiction to power and controlling others were eliminated from government.
I think this is it. All forms of government can work when the elites and the commoners share a high moral standard.

Unfortunately, I think we have to work our way though
"weak men create bad times", and then "bad times create strong men", before we will see "strong men create good times". I would expect this to take about a generation for each phase of the process (or longer).

" I pay my taxes" is slightly more of a qualification than "I killed people in a foreign war" but neither is a very good metric by which one demonstrates wisdom and leadership. There are a number of problems with restricting decisions to paid killers and taxpayers, but just consider one that was mentioned above: restricting decisionmaking to "net taxpayers" ie those who are paying more into the system than they are getting out. Those often include the "lucky" class-
I don’t know about you but I want my decision makers to be lucky.
ie those who didn't contract the disease that made it difficult for them to support their family
So they take care of their health
those that picked the right job that paid well, those who lived in the right areas that flourished
So they could plan ahead and see the bigger picture. When someone picks a job or lives in an area they aren’t throwing darts at a dartboard.
etc. and those types may see no need for things like job training programs, assistance to single mothers, temporary food and shelter benefits for the unemployed, etc.
Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society is why we’re in the mess we’re in. He went hard on those things and now we got clown world because the “powers that be” coupled ideology and those programs. Many people who need job training and food and shelter benefits don’t even believe in clown world but want clown world to keep their benefits. Sure, some people do need help but have you spent much time around some of the people who use what you listed? They often deserve their fate and shouldn’t be voting. Their position is not a life sentence however. Most of our taxes go to programs. If the people in charge don’t see a need for them those at the bottom of the hierarchy can work, keep more of their paycheck and start making good choices.
In other words, you are getting a skewed perspective, and it is skewed based upon the arbitrary metrics of money and killing people, which are obviously not universal goods.
It’s not about the money, it’s trying to find a metric for what I discussed above. It’s a proxy for luck, making good choices, self discipline, and foresight. Now for killing people, it’s not about that. The President is the commander and chief. Wanting a say in a process you’re not involved in to me comes off as entitlement.
And not that I consider DJT a good leader, but he'd be completely excluded as he often brags about how he uses the system to his advantage and is likely a net "taker" as are people like Warren Buffet and many of our creative minds today.
Of course they’re takers. That’s why they’re bad leaders and our society is suffering.
This is all just tilting at windmills though, as we are not going to get the chance to reorganize a society in the correct way from the ground up, and instead must live in this world of forced diversity and state sanctioned gayness.
I know. I just try to get by and know all this was foretold. I understand your point but we do need to re establish a healthy hierarchy again. Trying to break it down and being subversive got us here and many every day Americans are suffering because of it. Even the people who you worry about being left out will do better under a more rigid system.

I felt the need to respond because offline people think I’m a monster because my solution is spank the little brats by cutting the welfare - both rich and poor welfare - and instituting a limited republic. You want a say? Go earn it! And people think that’s the worst thing ever.

Last edited:
Back