• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Thread

I can’t stand the word AI. Every company now is trying to use it. It’s annoying.
Same.

We feel we are being fooled.

We detest how our emotions are riled up again to either fear "oh no we will loose our jobs" & "let this not get in the hands of our enemies" or "this is the next frontier, now we might solve nuclear fusion, and food and health for everyone"

We understand where "fear" and "hope" are not focused on God, we obey false idols, Ba'al.

We should fear only God.

Not marketeers, these few billionaires and puppets at corporates and the state, playing with our emotions in their game of power.

I'm appalled how seemingly "smart" people let their emotions be played with by the likes of Elon Musk, state functionaries and financial liars.

Fear God please.

Just to clarify, I do think that AI is theoretically possible. But what is called AI currently has in fact nothing to do with it. All of that again is based on the hypothesis that the fundamental building blocks of the universe has a quantum fabric/nature, something that is hard to measure and understand at the moment. Just think of it as the building blocks of the universe. (We can infer that it's true, if not fully understand it)

It makes sense then that the brain and conscious thinking also is based on the fundamentals of the universe, how else could it be? And if something exists we have proof that it can be done right, unlike travelling to distant galaxies where the laws of physics prohibits it. (in practical terms) The question is can it be done?

Moore's Law has already been disproven. You can't predict the future rate of development based on the past.
This is not a fair assessment of what I said. I am not predicting a rate, let alone one as fixed as Moore’s Law.

I said we could see a kind of Windows 95-to-2024-technology shift in a shorter period. Even if it took 50 years for this to transpire from now in 2024, the end result is likely to portend badly for humanity, with mass automation and social upheaval.

What some of you forget is this: we could have so-called “AI”/pseudo-AI, not AI in the true, purist sense of the term, and still see hundreds of millions of people lose their jobs and watch either an angry collapse take place or a dystopian corporate-government oligopoly come into being.

I am neither a Marxist nor one of their modern reincarnations, but I advise everyone to read Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the 21st Century or Joel Kotkin’s Neo-Feudalism.

Kotkin, whatever political disagreements I may have with him, hits the nail on the head about a shrinking middle-class and growing corporate elite. He wrote his work before this new AI/“AI” craze and was concerned with traditional automation.

AI does not need to be “real AI” for it to either sleepwalk humanity off a cliff, or usher in a FAANG(Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google)-style overlordship on steroids.

The general trend is for technological change to speed up. I do not see how this is controversial at all. There may be exceptions (often caused by geopolitics in the case of Rome’s fall, plagues like the Black Death, or perhaps natural disasters like an unprecedented solar storm in the future). But human technological development, if not exponential, more resembles a geometric progression than an arithmetic sequence.

The Bronze and Iron Ages occurred over many centuries. The Industrial Revolution took around a century and even that was slow by 2024 standards.

Events like the Dark Ages (which were not as dark as commonly thought) did have an impact on technology, with many areas of Europe needing to wait a thousand years for things like the aqueducts seen in Roman times.

Yet the general rule is that things speed up.

The general trend is for technological change to speed up. I do not see how this is controversial at all. There may be exceptions (often caused by geopolitics in the case of Rome’s fall, plagues like the Black Death, or perhaps natural disasters like an unprecedented solar storm in the future). But human technological development, if not exponential, more resembles a geometric progression than an arithmetic sequence.
Theoretically, the general trend for tech is to speed up. If left unchecked. In the real world, it is checked by the things you mentioned.
Bear in mind that this is the case for technology in general, not a specific field like we are talking about here.
In a specific field, progress always hits a plateau after fast initial gains and you need a totally new discovery to speed things up again.

The US Navy seems to have gotten quite far in understanding how to build nanoscale-biological (including brain) interfaces!

"...The motivation was to advance fundamental knowledge on biological elements to advance the field of brain-inspired electronics/neuromorphics and brain-electronic interfaces as well as to explore nano-scale interactions, which may be relevant to viral processes and thus current global health challenges such as COVID-19. The research will ultimately enable the design of new information systems with features of what is referred to as “consciousness” by taking the step of providing an unprecedented ability to monitor and control changes in these biological elements at the nanoscale..."

n.png

Just a bunch of nested if statements and internet snapshots. No such thing as the true AI we've been sold in jewish and secular media, but the closest thing to a working interface that has great storage capacity would be Blackrock's "Aladdin" computer, which is managed by dozens of people. They do have a strong central computer that seems to be more evil than the MCP from Tron, but I know that there are numerous human agents tasked with the partitioning of real estate and planning residential areas to plunder and so most of it's data analysis is a result of both human input and layered upon pre-existing statistics.

The real nefarious deeds are done by the human agents, always has been, always will be. A machine is simply a tool, and while these NWO workers of iniquity may seek to inhabit one with some kind of demonic presence I don't think that will work without a human host, given what we know (and don't know) of souls.

It is largely to make most low-tier tech jobs obsolete, brainwash new generations of people with kosher narratives, and begin setting up a tighter system of control for much fewer people at the top.

Just a bunch of nested if statements and internet snapshots. No such thing as the true AI we've been sold in jewish and secular media, but the closest thing to a working interface that has great storage capacity would be Blackrock's "Aladdin" computer, which is managed by dozens of people. They do have a strong central computer that seems to be more evil than the MCP from Tron, but I know that there are numerous human agents tasked with the partitioning of real estate and planning residential areas to plunder and so most of it's data analysis is a result of both human input and layered upon pre-existing statistics.

The real nefarious deeds are done by the human agents, always has been, always will be. A machine is simply a tool, and while these NWO workers of iniquity may seek to inhabit one with some kind of demonic presence I don't think that will work without a human host, given what we know (and don't know) of souls.

It is largely to make most low-tier tech jobs obsolete, brainwash new generations of people with kosher narratives, and begin setting up a tighter system of control for much fewer people at the top.
GPT 3 creates content at the level of an A- undergraduate student. Couldn't pass the bar exam.

GPT 4 came out soon afterwards, content is the level of an A graduate student. Achieves 90th percentile in the bar exam.

It writes code for you that actually works. Sure, I usually have to edit it and tell it what errors it produced and to fix it. But then it works. The "singularity" is being passed right about now.

GPT 3 creates content at the level of an A- undergraduate student. Couldn't pass the bar exam.

GPT 4 came out soon afterwards, content is the level of an A graduate student. Achieves 90th percentile in the bar exam.

It writes code for you that actually works. Sure, I usually have to edit it and tell it what errors it produced and to fix it. But then it works. The "singularity" is being passed right about now.

I don't think were close to a singularity just yet, we'll have to await the development of quantum computation from about the 2030-50 period and onwards, based on projections from IBM and others...

I don't think were close to a singularity just yet, we'll have to await the development of quantum computation from about the 2030-50 period and onwards, based on projections from IBM and others...

Either way, the next step:

Companies are buying enterprise versions of Chat GPT so they can control the beast inside of their own data environments.

Microsoft now owns 49% of Open AI and will continue rolling out better licensing versions so that companies can have the tools at their fingertips and calm security concerns.

A lot of white collar jobs will be replaced by AI very quickly.

Yes, and this is why the people mocking generative AI for not perfecting the number/shape of the fingers and shape of the hands on people are so amazingly arrogant.

Compared to the shift from the original Macintosh to even the Macintosh Performa of ca. 1995, the computer many Australian elementary school-aged kids used into the 2000s, perfecting hands/fingers is child’s play.

And we don’t need a Singularity proper to see hundreds of millions lose their jobs.

Even a poor man’s “AI” is going to automate tasks we traditionally think of as “thinking” ones.

This is neither the Industrial Revolution destroying craft guilds nor the assembly line at Ford onwards putting machines in to do the work. These changes at least created jobs in other areas as production lines and the products they created increased in complexity, despite initial losses and anger.

Either way, the next step:

Companies are buying enterprise versions of Chat GPT so they can control the beast inside of their own data environments.

Microsoft now owns 49% of Open AI and will continue rolling out better licensing versions so that companies can have the tools at their fingertips and calm security concerns.

A lot of white collar jobs will be replaced by AI very quickly.

I can feel this sentiment already where I work ( a large legacy corporation). It is implicit but you can tell the VP level is gearing towards the promise of AI. It has to be implicit, I'm sure, because they still need us now. But with the drive as it always is towards higher profits and more efficiency there is no other endpoint than what you describe. I think we are actually feeling the replacement already as just the massive compute power in general necessitates less need for actual people.

Yes, and this is why the people mocking generative AI for not perfecting the number/shape of the fingers and shape of the hands on people are so amazingly arrogant.
I know an attorney who says that their job is safe because Spellbook and Chat GPT make up fake laws/cases. This will be fixed quickly and they are missing the point.

Compared to the shift from the original Macintosh to even the Macintosh Performa of ca. 1995, the computer many Australian elementary school-aged kids used into the 2000s, perfecting hands/fingers is child’s play.

And we don’t need a Singularity proper to see hundreds of millions lose their jobs.

Even a poor man’s “AI” is going to automate tasks we traditionally think of as “thinking” ones.

This is neither the Industrial Revolution destroying craft guilds nor the assembly line at Ford onwards putting machines in to do the work. These changes at least created jobs in other areas as production lines and the products they created increased in complexity, despite initial losses and anger.
I can feel this sentiment already where I work ( a large legacy corporation). It is implicit but you can tell the VP level is gearing towards the promise of AI. It has to be implicit, I'm sure, because they still need us now. But with the drive as it always is towards higher profits and more efficiency there is no other endpoint than what you describe. I think we are actually feeling the replacement already as just the massive compute power in general necessitates less need for actual people.
I think for most lines of work, managers and VPs and etc will still want a human or two in control of the robots/AI and their outputs. But this means that 15 person teams will cut 5-12 people rather quickly.

The industrial revolution made it so that farmers needed the intelligence to also operate tractors and etc, weeding out the stupid people who could still previously grow potatoes.

Now AI is going to push out average-skilled workers and keep going.

If you're an attorney, you won't be replaced because people will not allow robots into the courtroom. But your legal assistant, paralegal, etc are all screwed, as are the junior attorneys who aren't best in class.

Looks like self-driving vehicles are getting closer to being useful!

Will that make "drinking and driving" legal? I'm the only one I know who's brought this up ... :oops::p

Do you all think the kill switch stuff will happen, the cars being all fitted with X device for starting the engine or the .gov option to shut cars down?

Will that make "drinking and driving" legal? I'm the only one I know who's brought this up ... :oops::p

Do you all think the kill switch stuff will happen, the cars being all fitted with X device for starting the engine or the .gov option to shut cars down?

I don't know about that, but I can imagine taxis and light cargo/parcel vehicles starting to use this ASAP. It will make their work day much easier...until they're out of a job eventually I guess. :ROFLMAO:

Hollywood is using A.I. to restore movies for new 4K discs, and the results can be awful. Some recent James Cameron movies, Aliens and True Lies, have been ruined.
Typical effects are the adding of a CG type uncanny valley to non-CG footage.
Over-smoothing of details resulting in cartoon faces.
Over-sharpening of facial details, leading to a sand-paper effect.
Fluctuations between these effects.
Weird face-morphing on low detail background characters.
Morphing on elements of foreground faces.
Complete removal of film grain.

Then there is the fraud of not actually scanning at 4K for '4K' restorations. Using A.I. on 2K restorations instead to save money.
Providing barely 'HDR' 200 nit fake HDR auto-generated, not scanned, again to save money.
The list goes on.
The review media is trying to cover up the fraud, or side-step it.

Back