• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Latest UK Lunacy

This confirms the obvious, GB News is (((controlled)))-opposition. From The Daily Star:

photo_2023-10-29_12-51-23.jpg
Not good at all.

I like him too, but he's going to go the same way as Steyn, Fox, Robinson, etc. Then they'll be just as interesting as LBC who did the same.

I wonder if Neil Oliver will get the Tucker Carlson treatment for that monologue. He is totally right: Johnson has backers in the hedge fund firms which are apparently behind GB News.

Johnson had an 80-seat majority when Labour was melting down with enriched debates relating to "countersemite v Islamophobic" accusations and counter-accusations. Yet Johnson's government saw decolonisation reach British shores and did nothing. Nor had it the will to stop the migrant invasion. Statues came down, there was further alienation of white working class men and boys and once again, it showed that conservatives conserve nothing because they are social and fiscal liberal Whigs, beholden to the power of usury, in disguise.

I wonder who took Johnson to the top of a mountain to show him the world to have made him abandon his former Swedish-style Covid policy and to lockdown a very vulnerable economy.

The YouTube channel Turdtowns usually takes a humorous but honest look at the English towns that are best avoided. In this video, he explains why Carlisle, the only city in Cumbria, could be the best English city to live in.

It looks good with lots of historical buildings, churches and pretty houses. "Like a mini-Newcastle".
Guaranteed snow, making it beautiful in winter.
Great location, especially for those that like the outdoors. Surrounding countryside is good for cycling, rolling countryside, pubs and quiet lanes.
The Lake District and Scotland are on the door step, but also the North Pennines, Eden Valley, Hadrian's Wall and Solway Plain AONB.
The roads and nearby motorway have low traffic.
Amazing scenic railways connections (from the comments):

Friendly and chatty locals, with a nice accent.
Good selection of eateries and reasonable nightlife, Newcastle is 1.5 hours away if you want to take it to the next level.
The city center and shopping areas are not dead and pleasant to walk around.
The house prices are very good, averaging £160,000. Good-looking terraced houses can be had for £80,000.
Good variety of housing styles. (Beware of areas that could flood)

Downsides:

The job opportunities are middling, could be better.
Like most cities, there are some less attractive areas.
Bad airport, that been mothballed since the coof.

Other cities/towns getting a mention in the comments are Hereford, Halifax, Norwich, Newcastle, Salisbury, Shrewsbury, and Chester.

In the unlikely event of a lottery win, Cheltenham will be my first choice. I went there for a long weekend a few years back, and really couldn't fault it. My then girlfriend even commented on the lack of diversity (which was very much to her liking).

Another 14 local authorities may issue a Section 114 (Bankruptcy) notice:
From the video:
"Over a hundred local councils are planning right now to send a joint letter to the government regarding critical and unsustainable finances and they need a great reset of their balance sheet and a fresh start."

Imagine going to your bank and telling them you need a great reset of your mortgage or loan.

Unless these people are made to take responsibility for their careless financial decisions, they'll just keep going bankrupt.

Last edited:
The next UK government will be forced to raise taxes to a new post-war high, according to a new analysis, as an additional £142 billion ($172 billion) a year will be needed to maintain public services in their current state by 2030.

The next UK government will be forced to raise taxes to a new post-war high, according to a new analysis, as an additional £142 billion ($172 billion) a year will be needed to maintain public services in their current state by 2030.

"in their current state" should be read as "in a state of decline".

Heading towards 8 million on the waiting list -

About 12% of the population.

The YouTube channel Turdtowns usually takes a humorous but honest look at the English towns that are best avoided. In this video, he explains why Carlisle, the only city in Cumbria, could be the best English city to live in.
Well someone in the halls of power had noticed Carlisle's lack of diversity and tagged it for enrichment, because they've been pouring in since 2020. Still better than most of the country, but that's not going to last. We are simply not allowed to have our own places.
When the many goods (eggs, vegetables, etc.) honesty boxes in the surrounding villages start getting raided, we'll know enrichment levels have been achieved.

"in their current state" should be read as "in a state of decline".

Heading towards 8 million on the waiting list -

About 12% of the population.
My local hospital is contacting patients who have been waiting more than 12 weeks, and asking them if they want to cancel, in an attempt to make their figures look better.

Back